The online racing simulator
Do you exercise?
(66 posts, started )
Quote from CSU1 :Do you guy's have the in Germany..?
angus burger yyyyuuuuuummmmmmmmm!

I'm from belgium, but we don't have them here no...

There is a sandwich bar nearby, they have really big and good burgers... mmm
#52 - JTbo
Walking/running, pole walking, cycling, then I have hand weights, 3 to 8 hours at week I keep my pulse over 130 bpm, shortest session is 1 hour.

My resting pulse has gone from 80 to 60 in about a year or so.
I skimboard all summer snowboard all winter , and only do the gym when I get fat from too much beer and all you can eat sushi..lol
Well my Kids have me up and down the stairs 10-12 times a day, 13 steps.

The wife has me running back and forth from the living room to the kitchen

The Boss has me running back and forth to the Kettle

Does this count
#55 - JTbo
Quote from Fordman :Well my Kids have me up and down the stairs 10-12 times a day, 13 steps.

Does this count

Maybe, unless you use one of these
Quote from Fordman :Well my Kids have me up and down the stairs 10-12 times a day, 13 steps.

Does this count

No
i used to go to gym. i was big.. it's been over 2 years since i did my last training. i lost all the gains i manged to. But i might do some martial arts soon.
Like kidzer, Bob Smith and JamesF1, I used to either walk everywhere, or be heavily involves in some sort of sport during until about the age of 19. Since starting to drive, I've noticed a marked decrease in my general fitness.

So, as part of my New Years resolutions I started a fitnes routine; primarily using my own body weight. Daily I try and do;
5 minutes of "warm up"
5 minutes of hindu squats
5 minutes of hindu push ups
5 minutes of bridging
As long as I can now manage doing regular push ups
Warm down

I'm specifically not trying to loose weight, but to increase my upper body strength and general fitness. I will also try to use 2 small-ish barbells at least once a week.

Unfortunately after all of this for about a week or so, I'm now being accused of having a flat arse. I have found that my upper body strength has significantly increased, and from what I'm assuming is the briding, less of an achy back after being at the computer all day.
Exercise? I get a little bit.

Before I started working nights (4 months ago) I had been biking every day for 3 months. I did about 20kms a day. I wasn't really getting into shape, though; although my legs were nice and toned. Since I started working, I've lost 40 pounds. I'm down to a rather lean 145 pounds. I really should start packing on muscle, but I'm too damn tired from work. (I think the problem is winter daylight hours; I go to bed before the sun comes up and get up after its gone down. I literally do not see the light of day anymore. So depressing...) Once spring kicks in and the daylight lasts longer I'll have more energy to get out and bike again. I'm aiming for 40kms a day after a month of biking again.

That may not seem like a lot to some of you, but it is for me; after 4 and a half years of sittin on my arse not doing a thing (I wish I never gave up playing hockey ).

At least I'm looking a lot better now. Everytime I go to the bar the waitresses hit on me, which is nice

[EDIT] TAA, what is briding? If it'll help my back stop aching I'm up for trying it out.
About two year ago I gave up all sporting - I used to play field hockey. But when I saw how weak I am getting, I started to do some jogging. I can run about 10km's when I have time to do such long jog...
I play football
and try to make some strength things that can support my back. im allmost 2meters. so my back needs to be good
Im getting a new mountain bike for my Bday (30th jan) and cant wait to get on the North Downs in Kent again
I go to swim practice 5 of the seven days a week for 2 hours each day. Swim meets on weekends. Swim about 3-4 miles each practice. It's utter hell when you got 17 kids in your lane. Turns out that even though i hate the god dam sport, i'm should be arond one of the fastest 50 in the state.
swimming is good exercise. its certainly better than running for improving cardio.
#65 - d6nn
Gym 3 times a week, snowboarding/downhill , and trips to kitchen sumtimes
Quote from MAGGOT :[EDIT] TAA, what is briding? If it'll help my back stop aching I'm up for trying it out.

It looks scary, and is if you get it wrong, but when you spend all day compressing and stretching the spine in one direction, its some what relaxing to compress and stretch it in another. This image shows how it should go, sort of (holding the second position is how I currently do it):
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1168463893

There are various schools of thought. Some say its bad, and others don't. Personally its nice to do this once a day, as I'm usually hunched over a computer screen or keyboard, or putting stuff into racks. Typically I don't manage a full 5 minutes doing this as its just too difficult. It may be that the "hindu pushups" are helping with my back problems as well

I really and truely suggest speaking to a Doctor first before you attempt it though.

Do you exercise?
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG