The online racing simulator
Need Help, my LFS game is losing connection to master server
hi there,

i have been on lfs for 2 years now and this has never happened before. for some reason on all my home computers, when i am looking for a multiplayer game i am getting no responce from master server.
I am on S2 but this is happening to demo and everything.

the scenario of what is happening goes as follows.

On S2, Display list of Games. -> connecting to master server -> waiting for list of games -> screen freezes on that. error message 'No Reply From Master Server'

and this is happening on all computers on my network and same thing everytime. any ideas? please help

sammi c
Well I can confirm it's still working for me, so the master server hasn't died.

What ISP are you on?
Can you still access the net OK? <== Silly question, you're posting on an internet forum. :doh:
What firewalls are you running? Can you disable them?

You could try pinging master.liveforspeed.net, it won't respond to the pings but if the hostname is resolved that's something else ruled out.
I got exactly the same problems, started this sunday. I get ping from master.liveforspeed.net, all other online games etc works all ok. I tried updating drivers and directx. I have disabled windows firewall and same with norton antivirus. Still I get this issue and it only affects LFS.

Any ideas anyone? I could mention I run Windows Vista though (been all ok for over a week).
Same thing here. Just been racing online with no problem, went back to list of games clicked refresh and "no reply from master server". Its been happening to me for about six weeks, before that no problems at all. Before Christmas I could set my watch by my disconnection times (6.00pm 'til 9.30pm weekdays).
Hello,
same problem here

bye
This must be some newbie conspiracy theory, everyone with the problem has 1 or 2 posts.

Although I see Tungsten is currently online in FRH Open Races Trophy, so at least it's only intermittent.
also note that the 3 UK people in this thread (mods don't count) have the same isp.
Note I'm Swedish and still has same issue. Had it for 4 days now and prevents me to race online :/
Ive spoken to Victor about this and it seems that its probably unrelated to my inital thoughts of the master server being overwhelmed with traffic. However I found out today that the master server is a home hosted box Not that its a useless idea or anything, but given the fact LFS is growing I hear they're going to go get a proper proper server somewhere where other proper servers hang out.

Cambora the only thing i can suggest for you is that you post some more details of your situation here with all the informantion you know and yeah you know the drill
Quote from Cambora :Note I'm Swedish and still has same issue. Had it for 4 days now and prevents me to race online :/

So you mean you cannot connect at all at the moment and since sunday?
Sure, more relevant info coming here

System & ISP
Windows Vista
Hardware, Core 2 Duo CPU, bunch of rams and Nvidia 7950 x 2 (can't see how hardware would cause it though)
My ISP is Brebnadsbolaget (BBB) and the connection is a 100/10mbit.
I use the Windows Firewall and Norton Corporate and have no router.
Pls note that this setup worked flawlessly until the 7th this month.

Problem
Starting the 7th I either can't list online games at all, or gets message cannot connect to any given server or I can enter but get disconnected from the server within 5 minutes.

Troubleshooting
I have updated all drivers. That is chipset, audio, video, network card, sata-drivers etc etc. I reinstalled directX and have repaired my Vista installation. I have deleted my LFS folder and re-downloaded the game and kept no settings, same problem.

I have disabled both Windows Firewall and Norton, no change. Even entered msconfig to shutdown all Norton services and disabled Windows Firewall in services with no change, the problem persists.

I have tried different settings in LFS regarding resolutions, color depth, AA and so forth to make sure it has no effect. And it didnt.

This is only a problem in LFS. I can play WoW perfectly, got high speeds when downloading and TeamSpeak never disconnects. In other words it's a LFS specific issue.

At this point I'm glad for any hint of where the problem may be, let me know if any more information is needed.

/Over and Out
I had exactly the same problem on the 8th of Jan, seems ok now though..
This is very odd, it seems on a whole alot of people generally are having issues with LFS and connectivity. No one has a real reason for it or any sort of fix (because its vastly unknown) but there is obviously problem involved here.

Perhaps your ISP's are cracking down on illegal p2p activity and see LFS being an illegal tool to do so? Although with the amount of traffic thats passed through LFS it seems highly unlikely they'd kill it off.

My only guess is that you're probably having some sort of major lag spike along the way to the LFS servers and it just die's because its waiting around too long. This is why you can some times list games and then try to join but not receive messages, or once successfully connected it drops dead.

I havent suggested this to you yet but id recommend running a tracert and see if you have any anomalies along the way.

tracert master.liveforspeed.net > C:\trace.txt (Do this in a command prompt window - it wont do anything in prompt just go check the text file after)

Then post your results from trace.txt here for everyone to look at

I have a feeling after hop 14 you might notice something
Hello,

Same Problem yesterday for me and a lot of my Friends french or no.

Look this graph :

Bye

Gai-Luron
im fine, but i have noticed a hell of alot off people timing out on my server, they sign back in 5 mins later there timed out again, it happen quite alot yest and so far its happened 6 times today....

like i say im fine...
#16 - Pig
Quote from niffer022 :im fine, but i have noticed a hell of alot off people timing out on my server, they sign back in 5 mins later there timed out again, it happen quite alot yest and so far its happened 6 times today....

like i say im fine...

It's happening a lot during the last 3-4 days, and i thought it was just my ISP playing up. Last night though i connected to a demo server with a friend to try out his new G25 with some online racing (and get him to buy LFS too), but i was lagging... and he was not, even though we have the same ISP and live quite close

But probably it was my ISP
theres something defo weird out in the air... im sure it will blow over, just feel abit sorry for all the guys missing out on the races....
The tracert result:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 112-56-2.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se [213.xxx.xxx.xxx]
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms port-channel3.dr1.sto23.se.bredband.com [195.54.114.125]
3 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms vlan2.dr2.sto23.se.bredband.com [195.54.116.26]
4 53 ms 10 ms 5 ms port-channel15.cr2.sto3.se.bredband.com [195.54.114.53]
5 199 ms 104 ms 84 ms ge3-0.cr1.sto1.se.bredband.com [195.54.114.245]
6 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms pos3-0.cr2.sto2.se.bredband.com [195.54.123.106]
7 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms pos5-0.br1.ams1.se.bredband.com [195.54.123.110]
8 32 ms 31 ms 31 ms 80.253.101.234
9 33 ms 32 ms 34 ms pc-62-30-242-69-bn.blueyonder.co.uk [62.30.242.69]
10 33 ms 32 ms 32 ms pc-62-30-242-42-bn.blueyonder.co.uk [62.30.242.42]
11 37 ms 38 ms 36 ms ubr01-mort.blueyonder.co.uk [62.30.60.30]
12 * * * Request timed out
sorry i havent been replying, the problem stopped then it came back today. the problem only seems to be at certain times. i tried pinging the master server and after 10 it will not continue, 'unreachable'. this was using 'pingplotter'

im not sure what this problem is but it only really started since the newest patch came out. i also tried downgrading the patch back to U and still no better.

once again. sorry i didnt reply
also i am using tiscali. didnt know whever others with the problem are also using tiscali, as they may be blocking them
I've been having the same problem. I can use join2lfs to get on servers but the list doesn't come up in LFS. I am with Tiscali.

I am able to ping master server but tracert times out....

Any ideas?
im with tiscali too, maybe thats why alot of people are timing out on my server....
yeh seems to me like its a tiscali problem, i think they are noticing alot of people using this and thinking it is p2p. i think we should all just tell tiscali and maybe they will change it.

thanks
im ringing them tomorrow morning too have a chat, see if there aware of this....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG