The online racing simulator
Ah, yes. ThinkPads, and Linux.
(3 posts, started )
What a combo, a ThinkPad and a Linux Install. I'm using Ubuntu right now, but, I want to get my Fedora Core 6 install working. Can't seem to connect to the internet at all with FC6. But god, Ubuntu worked right out of the Live CD. Nice work to them for getting that done. I have to say, even the Wireless support on the linux side of things have gotten like a billion times better. I can think back two years ago where it was pretty much no existent.

Linux once again showing why it rocks, using only 204 MB of ram as I type this message and ZERO swap. Where as the Windows XP Pro install I had running on this was using 504 MB of ram and some pagefile (not sure how much, did not read it). (FYI, the hole x04 thing is just a co-wink-a-dink, I think.)

I myself prefer the way Linux looks. It's so much softer, the fonts seem so much cleaner. Fedora Core 6 is the, hands down, most beautiful OS on the planet. Yes, I've seen Macs, I and love the mac look too. BUT, Fedora's is just so much cleaner, and alot more customizable.

In other news ... the Fn (function) key plus Brightness up and down on Ubuntu works ... not as well as it should ... but it works better then the one in Fedora ... Man, I need to get My Fedora Install online so I can update it.
You'll find Thinkpad's have some of the best "support" from various linux and other unix like operating systems, as they're produced by IBM

As a little aside, rather ironically, for the IBM Windows servers we deploy at work, we use the ServeGuide CD - which is a linux based OS for deploying other OS'; such as various "enterprise" linux distros, windows, etc..
I've always found ubuntu to be brilliant for wireless support, In fact, wireless was the main thing that got me to switch from SuSE to Ubuntu, becuase I was so sick of always installing the MadWiFi drivers and setting them up.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG