The online racing simulator
Improvement suggestion: auto canceling turn signals
I have an improvement suggestion: auto canceling turn signals. they would activate when you turn the wheel past 25 degris and then at straight they would cancel.
You could also implement it physically on your wheel the same way it's done in most cars
true but most people wont have enough buttons
This is not in the slightest important to racing... but actually... good idea.
+1
Quote from AndroidXP :This is not in the slightest important to racing... but actually... good idea.
+1

LFS isn't just about racing!
Auto-activation : no thanks
Auto-cancelling : on the appropriate cars, yes. LX4/6 would not have it. Other roads cars should.
I mean it should work like it does on real cars
#8 - herki
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I mean it should work like it does on real cars

then they won't auto-activate
auto-cancelling is fine for me, though I don't really need it. I'll stay with +-0 for this one
#9 - Slopi
Auto-cancle would be ok (+1) . But I will miss the days of drafting behind 'grandpa' with his left blinker on and not a turn in sight
#10 - Vain
We usually remove the relays that automatically cancel the indicators from cars for track usage. It doesn't safe much weight, but a lot of trouble. That way you don't have to care about the indicator when you drive through a couple of turns while indicating to one side to route a few quicker cars through.
Otherwise the indicator would go off every few seconds and you have to reset them while you are negotiating a turn while watching those quicker cars in your mirrors.

Vain
#11 - wark
Quote from AndroidXP :This is not in the slightest important to racing... but actually... good idea.
+1

Sure it is: you can always tell faster traffic that you're about to let them by; what side to pass on.

...now if only we got high beams to show up in rear-view mirrors!
Yes, but I can even do that now, yet I almost never use it - maybe at race start if I don't want to pit but let the field through. During a race in LFS it can even be dangerous sometimes, because different people have different intentions with the indicators. One group (me included) indicates to the left saying that they will move to the left to let the others pass. For the other group indicating to the left means the opposite: "pass me on the left!". The result when these groups mix is not nice.

Reading the original post again, I seem to have missed the auto turn-on, which I'm of course against. Auto turn-off should be implemented for cars that have it IRL too, not because it has a ground breaking effect on racing, but because it's those little things and details that make a game so much nicer.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, but I can even do that now, yet I almost never use it - maybe at race start if I don't want to pit but let the field through. During a race in LFS it can even be dangerous sometimes, because different people have different intentions with the indicators. One group (me included) indicates to the left saying that they will move to the left to let the others pass. For the other group indicating to the left means the opposite: "pass me on the left!". The result when these groups mix is not nice.

Your group is the right one though - because it's the more logical. In normal road use you use your indicators to tell where you are going, not to tell other people what they have to do. And I have yet to see the real-life race series where the indicators are used to tell the cars behind where they are going
Autocancelling turn signals are a very good idea. It would make LFS more realistic. As long as its 25deg of in-game steering. Because 25deg is too much for someone with like a 270deg wheel.
Quote from Bob Smith :
Auto-cancelling : on the appropriate cars, yes. LX4/6 would not have it. Other roads cars should.

You sure about that? I've never been aware of a car (bar ancient ones) that doesn't have autocanceling indicators.
Modern Caterhams do, because they just borrow the column switch gear, but older ones (more than 10 years) used to have a 3 way toggle lever on the dash. But all the other cars in LFS (with indicators) would have them.

In some of the cars I think there are 3D stalks (not that I pay any attention to them), so if the LX's have/don't have them then we've possibly answered that already.
Another thing as sometimes they don't stay on after a crash
Depends on the builder, I suppose factory built cars would nowadays but if you build the kit yourself (i.e. the proper way) then the choice is yours. The Westfield my Dad built had a toggle switch, although he did start that project 10 years ago now so I suppose your statements stands.

Who's to say how old the LX design is intended to be though? The kits haven't changed that much in the past 20 years.
On the road cars yes

+1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG