The online racing simulator
Taxi simulator
(60 posts, started )
Im a diehard GTA1/GTA2 fan, played them to death, consider GTA3 and others way too mainstream.

Quote from jamesrowe :How old are you? Become an actual taxi driver if your old enough , when i was a child i use to pretend i was a taxi driver when on games like Driver and Midtown Madness etc

Lol sometimes I wish i could be a Taxi driver in NYC or something and work night shifts 9pm to 5am. Unfortunately my current occupation as an engineer brings too much money compared to what i would be making driving a cab. I want all the nice things about taxi driving and none of the cleaning/low wages/long hours nonsense

Oh well, maybe they'd make a taxi simulator some time soon. I am guessing that system requirements are the main issue with making a game like that. Simulating city traffic with a few dozens cars in general vicinity would make the game slow down to a complete stop.
Quote from silver bullet :Oh well, maybe they'd make a taxi simulator some time soon. I am guessing that system requirements are the main issue with making a game like that. Simulating city traffic with a few dozens cars in general vicinity would make the game slow down to a complete stop.

Nope, GTA and Midtown Madness do it just fine, they just use simpler car models. Although the traffic in GTA is pretty advanced, at least the new ones. But it can be done
Quote from 96 GTS :I think I have two copies of Midtown Madness 2, I'm pretty sure I do, you want one?

Haha, nah dont worry about it

Quote from silver bullet :
Lol sometimes I wish i could be a Taxi driver in NYC or something and work night shifts 9pm to 5am.

You definatly do not. Trust me, at that time here in NYC, youll get the wasted and crazy people (EX : Bob Smith). Its not a safe time to be out at
buy a car paint it yellow nd drive around the garden our you could get a hotwheels set nd a paly city nd be 1 there
I have Midtown Madness 1 and 2 wanted 3 but it was only on XBOX
Well you could always be come a taxi driver in spare time just for fun? and keep your own job. like at weekends you could get your little yellow car out and drive And hope people will ring you, Weekend Taxi Service
Lol maybe when I retire
I only like GTA 1 and GTA2. GTA2 was fabolous,still play it from time to time.
#34 - CSU1
Quote from Sternendaal :I only like GTA 1 and GTA2. GTA2 was fabolous,still play it from time to time.

:doh: I can't bear tat game anymore (SanAN)I think I stopped nearing a thousand hours of play
Quote from Kegetys :Quarantine

This seems to be really cool, i cant believe i did not know this game yet,loved the screens so far, im big fan of these 'classics' games.

(like fallout, big red racing,carmageddon,interstate 76, and some olders, when i was kid, i had the Demo of all of the cool games of the low 90's-486,golden times)
Quote from Slidaaaa :This seems to be really cool, i cant believe i did not know this game yet,loved the screens so far, im big fan of these 'classics' games.

(like fallout, big red racing,carmageddon,interstate 76, and some olders, when i was kid, i had the Demo of all of the cool games of the low 90's-486,golden times)

Quarantine is way older than Fallout, Carma, or I76, maybe thats why
Quote from Vendetta :Id really love to see a Microsoft Car Simulatar, where you just drive around a city obeying city laws etc lmao, would be boring but if it was real enough it would be cool XD

I want more than this suggestion. I want Microsoft Car Simulator, but I want stuff like LFS merged into it, as well as stuff like Hard Trucking, and of course the Flight sim. I want to drive from track to track in my road car on real roads obeying real traffic laws (unless I want to take the chance of the cops ) and jump in my race car at the track and race. I want boats out on the rivers, head to the airport and rent a Cessna to fly. Make more of a game in it where you must have a way of making money. Race and win money, drive a taxi or haul with a truck for cash. Buy a plane and fly people. You could have folks into the racing and folks who are willing to haul the cars from track to track and others to fly the drivers from home to the track. The physics must be real like in LFS, the cars must be real as in GT4 (yea, yea, I know. You get the idea).

One giant community merged. The race simmers, flight simmers, and The Sims simmers all merged together. That would be really cool.
YES, mr. rodgers thats exactly what id like. Id play that game nonstop
The only downside with a game like that is that I'd never leave the house. Ever.
You should have asked me first!

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/londontaxi/

Took all of 3 seconds on google, and two of them were spent typing in taxi, game, and london!

On second thoughts, might be awkward, because most people drive on the LEFT in London, but black cab drivers go where the hell they like!
Quote from Vendetta :downloading demo

ditto, wanna know what it is like.
date of publishing . 25. 05. 2005
not the newest game but we will see.
*edit* well downloaded but cant play.
i get in a screen after installing where it tells me about autosave and there it gets stuck. when i tab out it crashes. lol.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :ditto, wanna know what it is like.
date of publishing . 25. 05. 2005
not the newest game but we will see.
*edit* well downloaded but cant play.
i get in a screen after installing where it tells me about autosave and there it gets stuck. when i tab out it crashes. lol.

Same exact thing happens to me. Peice of sht game
Quote from mrodgers :I want more than this suggestion. I want Microsoft Car Simulator, but I want stuff like LFS merged into it, as well as stuff like Hard Trucking, and of course the Flight sim. I want to drive from track to track in my road car on real roads obeying real traffic laws (unless I want to take the chance of the cops ) and jump in my race car at the track and race. I want boats out on the rivers, head to the airport and rent a Cessna to fly. Make more of a game in it where you must have a way of making money. Race and win money, drive a taxi or haul with a truck for cash. Buy a plane and fly people. You could have folks into the racing and folks who are willing to haul the cars from track to track and others to fly the drivers from home to the track. The physics must be real like in LFS, the cars must be real as in GT4 (yea, yea, I know. You get the idea).

One giant community merged. The race simmers, flight simmers, and The Sims simmers all merged together. That would be really cool.

We have that already, it's just out your front door, it's called life

Joking aside, I agree 100%, that would be amazing.
Maybe write a petition-type letter to Microsoft and request a car simulator?
I've been looking for quarantine for years, yet never knew its name
#47 - JTbo
Quote from CSU1 :Tell me what makes a good Taxi sim>

Long nights, annoying drunk people that do throw up to back seat, you then spent next two hours trying to clean up mess so that you can pick up new customers, drug users that try to rob you, etc.
I think that is big part of realism
you can stop the timer in GTA with a trainer and deliver passengers at realistic speeds.

mafia is also very good.
#49 - CSU1
Quote from JTbo :Long nights, annoying drunk people that do throw up to back seat, you then spent next two hours trying to clean up mess so that you can pick up new customers, drug users that try to rob you, etc.
I think that is big part of realism

Lmao, yeah, but I just can't seem to get my head around it...Oh!..oh!....no, why, why?

GTA was good, lol I remember when GTA 1 came out that x-mas and for months after 90% of the peoples I know where either talking about GTA, or sitting in their houses like zombies 'tryin' ta get to the next mission .

Me, myself was unemployed for two years, my daily routine was; wake up play GTA, eat-shit, sleep ...god, that fu**ing game.

My shennanigans came to an abrupt -end, when twords the end of my two year 'holiday' I had just purchased splinter-cell1; yep for two weeks I never left the house AND THEN the GF comes into room, picks up my tellie, and throws it out window ...true
Midtown Madness 2 was the best! I remember downloading cars that when to like Mach 1 and u fly around the city from the hilltop. And downloading addon maps was fun :P That's where I started learning drifting lol

Taxi simulator
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG