The online racing simulator
Lfs cars into other games
(13 posts, started )
Is it possible to import LFs cars into other games, i think yes . Imagine FzR rally car into Richard burns rally or drive uf1 on San Andreas raods, maybe it's already done?
#2 - CSU1
:dnfnoob: :smurf:
#3 - JTbo
Quote from Viesturs :Is it possible to import LFs cars into other games, i think yes . Imagine FzR rally car into Richard burns rally or drive uf1 un San Andreas raods, maybe it's already done?

I don't think devs would be too happy to see their hard work being converted to other game, there is such things copyrights and hopefully everyone respects them.
we can open cmx files in 3dmax, also edit and export to another game, hey i just found the ansver to my question, yes it is possible.
#5 - ajp71
Quote from JTbo :I don't think devs would be too happy to see their hard work being converted to other game, there is such things copyrights and hopefully everyone respects them.

The cmx viewer models are released with blanket coverage allowing non-commercial use of them IIRC. There's a conversion of wip LFS to rF somewhere. Obviously if you are going to do this then it'd be polite to ask the devs first.
^its not illegal for personal use, only gets illegal when you start passing it around.
#7 - Ian.H
Yes it can be done, legitimately too. Read the readme in the CMX viewer.. permission is granted there providing you follow the requirements (link to LFS site(s), not trying to take credit etc)

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
GRAB_0000.jpg
GRAB_018.jpg
mrt5_01.jpg
#8 - JTbo
Quote from Ian.H :Yes it can be done, legitimately too. Read the readme in the CMX viewer.. permission is granted there providing you follow the requirements (link to LFS site(s), not trying to take credit etc)

Regards,

Ian

Very surprising, I must stand corrected

Again must bow down deep to LFS developers for being such generous and open minded :bowdown:

So you have got tires right already? How about inertia and suspension, is there right feel?
Oh yes, today's sad post part: Can I betatest, Can I, please
Oh, I would so love to have the street cars in San Andreas... not to mention a RB4 to get around Cyrodiil in Oblivion
Quote from Ian.H :Yes it can be done, legitimately too. Read the readme in the CMX viewer.. permission is granted there providing you follow the requirements (link to LFS site(s), not trying to take credit etc)

Regards,

Ian

what game is that then?
Quote from JTbo :Very surprising, I must stand corrected

Again must bow down deep to LFS developers for being such generous and open minded :bowdown:

So you have got tires right already? How about inertia and suspension, is there right feel?
Oh yes, today's sad post part: Can I betatest, Can I, please

Agreed JT.. I didn't know about the permission either at the time. I sent a mail to enquire about a conversion and was told fine as long as the requirements were met (no problem with that.. and I always give credit etc for anything) but it was great to hear it was permitted and not something every game dev would (or does) do.

As for beta testing, since my HDD crash, I don't have any plans to reinstall rF at least for a long time so there's gonna be nothing to test now.

The XRT was based on ZR physics which I started to edit (used whatever details were available on LFS.net for weight etc) but only found out yesterday you can dump 'CAR_info.bin' files with things like inertia values etc. I'd have to knock up a quick tool to read the .bin file as they're binary, but if I do continue with the project at a later date, I'll do this to try and get things close. I updated the dash displays (XRT is a hi-res replica off a photo I found of a real Starion for example.. under the bonnet has a photo of a Starion engine mapped to a plane too as the bonnet comes of as part of the damage model and is open in the spinner and I wanted to try and get them to feel like their real life counterparts. In regards to damage, it was quite interesting.

The FO8 hasn't had as much work done on it and has currently slightly modified rF3 physics and the MRT I only spent 15 mins on getting it into the spinner and has the physics from the FO8 atm as I just needed some placeholders to prevent it crashing when viewing in the spinner.

I'd started on the XRR too (sorting the smoothing out on the mesh) but it wasn't completed or ingame yet. FXR was ingame with modified Howston physics but needed all the smoothing sorted and the physics weren't final by any stretch.

Maybe if ISI ever fix the AI I'll continue, but as it stands right now, rF's fun / usability factor plummeted with the 1.150 patch for offline players.

BlakjeKaas: It was a conversion I was doing for rFactor.

Regards,

Ian

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG