The online racing simulator
New Dashboard?
(41 posts, started )
The GTRs should have shift lights like the S-S, not a rev needle - like in GTR2 (the cars with MoTeC, that is).
Well according to the rumours (?!) new dashes might be already done or at least close to be finished so isn't it kind of pointless to discuss about this right now. When (!?) we'll see what Eric has done then it's time to whine again.
No Air Condition to GTR please
Scawen has already said that new GTR interiors are on the way. I'd wager that they're already done and are just waiting to be released in Patch W with a bunch of other goodies and non-compatible changes.

As for the XR, XF, UF, FXO, RB4, FZ, etc...they are road cars. Slightly modified, but road cars none the less. In all likelyhood they would have idiot lights, though probably not airbags (not that I want to see those in game, necessarily). If these were really race prepped cars they would have hood pins, window retainers, slicks, stripped interiors, etc. Nobody has a stereo and street tires on their race car, but plenty of people DO take their weekend car to the track and that's what I believe the devs were shooting for when they designed the road cars. The ONLY thing that makes these cars seem like race cars at all is the adjustability of the suspension and gearing which I'd bet money will go away sooner or later.
Id like to have this one..
Attached images
Dashboard.jpg
Cool MAn! But not in a gtr car. In a gtr there is no air condition, and analogue speedometer etc...
Quote from CJ Ice :Cool MAn! But not in a gtr car. In a gtr there is no air condition, and analogue speedometer etc...

Personally I don't care about airco in a simulated car.

But for the first time this year airco is compulsary in the Le Mans 24hour race (for closed cars). So there are GT cars with airco. (The Corvette had airco for years at Le Mans).
Quote from Haikoe :Personally I don't care about airco in a simulated car.

But for the first time this year airco is compulsary in the Le Mans 24hour race (for closed cars). So there are GT cars with airco. (The Corvette had airco for years at Le Mans).

I thought the racers just opens the windows
However I'm sure the corvette used in Le Mans got not the same dashboard, that the street version got. And the AC too is different.
#34 - wark
@ herki & nikimere
Quote from Haikoe :(The Corvette had airco for years at Le Mans).

What was your source on this? AFAIK the Vettes only had the standard cooling methods in use on the C5R and C6R; except with the C6R they routed some air-cooling ducts up into vents in the back of the driver's seat. (nifty idea)

The only car that rain air-con in LeMans in recent years was the Pescarolo-Courage; and that was because the A/C was lighter than the 25 kg non-AC 'penalty' weight. Being an open cockpit car, they didn't need to run the AC, so no power loss. That is only a rumour though, I have not seen that info verified.
Quote from MAGGOT :What was your source on this? AFAIK the Vettes only had the standard cooling methods in use on the C5R and C6R; except with the C6R they routed some air-cooling ducts up into vents in the back of the driver's seat. (nifty idea)

from: http://www.corvetteracing.com/ ... ases/lemans/lemans9.shtml

"The Corvette C6.Rs are equipped with an air conditioning system that blows cool air into the helmet through a flexible tube," explained Steve Wesoloski, GM Road Racing group manager. "Supplying cool air for the driver to breathe lowers his core temperature. There is also a blower that pumps air through ventilation holes in the seat to cool his body by evaporation."

Sounds as though the seat uses outside temperature air, but the helmet uses a coolant based A/C system.
Quote from herki :sure. road cars come with fully adjustable suspension, brakes and gearboxes
And did you think of a way, where you'd store the airbag? I don't think the small Cromo Sports wheel has enough space for it

They are still road cars I think any of the cars without cage should be considered road cars therefor added with features road cars come with.

Also would like to add a gear change animation would be nice
Wasn't the Le Mans AirCon thing a new rule for GT1 class cars? I'm sure I heard a commentator say that. Can't wait till June :hyper:
The AirCon rule I had thought applied only to GTP Style cars at first, but It would make the most sense to apply it to all closed cockpit cars.
Quote from EeekiE :Wasn't the Le Mans AirCon thing a new rule for GT1 class cars? I'm sure I heard a commentator say that. Can't wait till June :hyper:

Yes, I heard it from the commentator aswell. I believe it was David Brabham who was completely dehydrated in 2005, that sparked the discussion.

I looked it up and the rules do not specify you must have an airco but it will probably be hard to comply to the rules in an other way.

here it says (page 19):
http://www.lemans.org/sport/sp ... regl_2007_LMGT1_fr_gb.pdf

14.6 Temperature inside the cockpit (Closed cars):
The ambient temperature around the driver must be
controlled:
1 Either with an efficient air conditioning system (strongly
recommended) which must:
Comprise a compressor, a condenser, a pressure
reducer and an evaporator ;
Be described on the homologation form and approved
by the ACO ;
Maintain the temperature around the driver at 32°C