The online racing simulator
New Dashboard?
(41 posts, started )
New Dashboard?
A Little suggestion: New 3d Dashboards or not this (LCD like) dashboard.

Like this attached pictures

The Improvement:
-New indicator lights (the green arrows -> <-)
-New Handbrake light ( (!) ) (in pictures(
-New dashboard sings (Airbag,Seatbelt,Battery,etc...) (in pictures)
-New Digital Speedo font (likes the picture)

Its not long an a 1 day work
Attached images
4.jpg
Droga%20XRT%20copy.jpg
1238.jpg
airbag_light_image1.jpg
fleet_MPH&ReadyLight.gif
I think LFS guages are drawn in Real Time.

Although, i think Sampled Dials would be much better.
#3 - herki
while I like the idea of more realistic dashboards, I can't agree with seatbelt reminder or airbag warning lights - these cars are race-prepped, the won't have airbags, and seatbelt reminders are pointless anyway
and the uf wouldn't have those fancy arrows - more like an array of light bulbs

btw: we have a digital font already ...
omg yes please we need new dashes...

@gizmo, they are drawn realtime
but that doesn't stop them from being whatever eric wants them to be
@herki; there is nothing that says the street cars are race-prepped. They very well could have airbags and idiot lights still installed.

+1 for new dashboards (and interiors all together)
#6 - Davo
+1 Hell yeah, would just top the already planned upcoming interior changes. This would rock. The actual racing cars should have completely different dashes nascar style gauges instead of an actual dashboard. For the road cars though litttle icons for indicators etc would be very cool.
Quote from XCNuse :@gizmo, they are drawn realtime

Actually, a small area of the XFG dash board comes from a DDS file....
the gauges and stuff, i know what your talking about though its the only car like that too! and it has been ever since the first demo of LFS (oddly)
I think it would be funny if an airbag came out at you if you hit an stationary object at a high speed
^^ And thats why you stay on demo...

I agree with the GTR Cars, some Box shapped dash with a Stack Tach should give it that GTR Feel, atm, they just feel like Fast Road Legal Track cars, with all the trimmings.
Quote from MAGGOT :@herki; there is nothing that says the street cars are race-prepped.

sure. road cars come with fully adjustable suspension, brakes and gearboxes
And did you think of a way, where you'd store the airbag? I don't think the small Cromo Sports wheel has enough space for it
+1 for new dashboards..

but NO WAY for that pciture in your 1st post
Wouldn't it be a better idea to wait to see the new interiors before asking for more? I would assume the dash is considered part of the interior so we'll be seeing an update when W is ready.
More improvement

-3d Indicator shifter and animations (if you press the left indicator (press num 7) the players arm,is change this indicator ,and handbrake,its arm animation again,and shifting

<added 3d dashes of attachment>

Attached images
GDT-Speedster-CAD-Model-Dashboard.jpg
ist2_427379_one_million_miles_3d.jpg
ist2_427411_one_million_kilometers_3d.jpg
ist2_613054_car_signal_indicator.jpg
Murcielago_benwatt_Interior_Dashboard.jpg
ist2_1164170_car_dashboard.jpg
racing cars dont have indicator stalks or indicator lights on the dashboard. the dont have handbrake lights either. They also definately dont have an airbag, and they dont have seat belt lights.
i'm all up for new interiors but lets keep it a little " racecar'ish ".
something like this: http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/img/photos/motec_adl.jpg
Quote from nikimere :racing cars dont have indicator stalks or indicator lights on the dashboard. the dont have handbrake lights either. They also definately dont have an airbag, and they dont have seat belt lights.
i'm all up for new interiors but lets keep it a little " racecar'ish ".
something like this: http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/img/photos/motec_adl.jpg

Yes!For GTR cars....and Formula!!!

XFG,XRG,XRT,RB4,FXO,FZ5,UF1 roadcars....
XFR,XRR,UFR,FXR,FZR racecars (its your improvement +1)
FO8,FOX,MRT,BF1 formula cars (dash okay,only MRT's dash change)
Quote from KENWOOD :XFG,XRG,XRT,RB4,FXO,FZ5,UF1 roadcars....

correct, but they are stockcars in a race. therefore they would have the airbags taken out, and more than likely a racing dash put in.
there are very few racing championships in the world that you will find a car totally as it is when it was driven on the road. considering this is a racing game, all the cars should be as "stock racing cars", not "road cars".
Quote from nikimere :correct, but they are stockcars in a race. therefore they would have the airbags taken out, and more than likely a racing dash put in.
there are very few racing championships in the world that you will find a car totally as it is when it was driven on the road. considering this is a racing game, all the cars should be as "stock racing cars", not "road cars".

but LFS cars have seats for upto 5 people. Any race prepped car would surely have seats taken out, no?
its not a fully (imean legal race) its not illegal,likes a....Legal race in race track anyone can join from the country....do you understand?...Road cars,not stock race cars ....if XFG stock race car...not have 130 LE .....likes the Clio Cup wit the 160-200 LE CLios
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Any race prepped car would surely have seats taken out, no?

not always, but more than likely yes.
thats my point though, i think the LFS cars should be "stock racing cars" and not "road cars". so the seats should be taken out, the "add passenger" should be taken away.
Quote from herki :sure. road cars come with fully adjustable suspension, brakes and gearboxes
And did you think of a way, where you'd store the airbag? I don't think the small Cromo Sports wheel has enough space for it

All valid points. BUT, that doesn't mean they are race cars, they could be..... road cars, with after-market parts.
Seeing that screenshot with the photoshopped dash and big spooky lane makes me realise how utterly cool it would be to have a free roam non-linear B-road environment with LFS engine and physics.

One thing that would be nice is a propper rally A->B course with tight lanes, or some kind of hill climb track.

COMPLETELY off topic sorry.
I dont like LFS dashboard , It will be great if it will be changed..
I would just like to see the generic nature of the dashes gone, going from the UF1 to the FZR and seeing, almost, the same dash binnicle is crazy
Quote from EeekiE :Seeing that screenshot with the photoshopped dash and big spooky lane makes me realise how utterly cool it would be to have a free roam non-linear B-road environment with LFS engine and physics.

One thing that would be nice is a propper rally A->B course with tight lanes, or some kind of hill climb track.

COMPLETELY off topic sorry.

COMPLETELY off topic sorry. i cant agree this,im not take CHANGE or DIE,only if LFS member agree,and devs have time etc...

and XFG like a Fiat Punto or a new Opel Corsa copy these dashboards without Fiat,Opel logos,and a little change evry thing
or lisence them illepall

New Dashboard?
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG