The online racing simulator
Chat for mouse users.
(16 posts, started )
Chat for mouse users.
One thing that still bothers me, is when driving with my mouse I press Chat (t) you cannot control your car anymore. Please change this so people who can drive and type with mice don't have to pit to chat. Guys with wheels can, so why not us?
+1
used to use the mouse, and was hella annoying when the wheels just centered.

+1
+2 I like that idea
Even though I dont use mouse anymore I used to, this was one of the most annoying things! I had to map all of my speech stuff to my F# keys. So I'd have to remember like 20 different combinations for the Shift+F# aswel! You should fix this scawen!
great idea thats was one thing i hated about the mouse.

+1
^ what they said +1
+2 i agree whole heartedly
If you have gears or throttle/brake on the keys (lets say A and Z for the sake of this argument), what happens after you press t? Does A and Z work as a control, or as a character for the message?
Quote from tristancliffe :If you have gears or throttle/brake on the keys (lets say A and Z for the sake of this argument), what happens after you press t? Does A and Z work as a control, or as a character for the message?

At least someone applied a little thought. The same goes for steering.
Quote from Mike85 :They count as characters for chat, so they loose their initial function. I still say the car should go to AI mode when chatting. And the name of the player would change ("playername" + "AI controled") so that others know that he is currently chatting. The AI would be the "learnt" AI. Or it could also be semi-automatic. AI + driver control. Like, the AI would drive, but the player could take control whenever he wanted.

I think it would be nice. I also have many more ideas which I have to write down sometime

I like the idea in theory, auto pilot sounds good, but, it would be too easy to let it do the whole race after it learnt what you did for ten laps!
+3
I'm not sure auto pilot is such a great idea. You'd end up with people blaming the AI for crashes and stuff, whether it was actually the AI or not. Plus, I think it'd be hard to just switch between player and AI on the fly like that.

I don't think there's actually a way to have the ability to type at the same time as using the keyboard to control yourself.

Another advantage of VOIP
If it's so important, wait until you're in the pits or at the end of the race, then say it
Quote from spookthehamster :If it's so important, wait until you're in the pits or at the end of the race, then say it

Well most wheel races don't do that...!
Quote from Dajmin :I'm not sure auto pilot is such a great idea. You'd end up with people blaming the AI for crashes and stuff, whether it was actually the AI or not. Plus, I think it'd be hard to just switch between player and AI on the fly like that.

GTR2 has an Autopilot option.

In leagues, however, the only circumstances I would allow autopilot is under yellow flags in endurance races for visits to the shitter.

Chat for mouse users.
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG