The online racing simulator
New skid sound
(52 posts, started )
This skid sound pack is great. I am able now to pick out when and the amount I am skidding and because the sound nuances are so slight, I can better myself, and not waste power and grip.
I'm also using these. Great stuff.
tell me these are copyright free and ill try to make them default

well, to me they are my default anyway
#30 - Mc21
Quote from DaveWS :Why would you use that?

That sound is included in the pack I put together (slightly edited), so I can't see the point. Have you tried mine?

P.S. Thanks to the people who found the original sounds for the pack.

I used th sounds before you made the pack.. But I used those sounds since they came out lol change is good ^^
This sound pack is just great.
Now I can feel better when car is sliding or not, and it is not the volume factor.
Maybe the sounds should be a little bit quiet, because I had to reduce skid sound boost down to 0.1.

Definitely It should be default skid sounds.
how do you install the first one (disposables)
New skid sound
Sounds like a raining day at Irwindale for the Formula D finals
How do you convert .raw to .wav files?
The skid sounds are a lot nicer, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of quiet scrubbing anymore, just screeching. Therefore, even turning in a circle at 10 kph produces audible screeching. I've also noticed that my tires are making noise the majority of the time I'm playing, even when cruising gently or accelerating in 2nd and a bit of 3rd in the XRT. A scrubbing sound would be more fitting for small measures of traction loss then a screech.
I'm with DrDNA... There should be a scrubbing inbetween rolling and screeching, there is only squealing atm... I've replaced the SkidRoadHeavyMinor with the original one and I get the best of both worlds...
Ok guys, this should be the final version. I have mixed a few samples, and the default scrub sounds, so that you get scrubbing and screeching which should all sound natural.
Attached files
S2V Skid Soundpack V2.zip - 775.6 KB - 4083 views
dave is there any way you will do the offroad sounds too?

because these are absolutely fantastic
Quote from XCNuse :dave is there any way you will do the offroad sounds too?

because these are absolutely fantastic

Erm I could have a go, but it will probably be a while.
and how do i get them from wav to raw? and why they arent directly in that format?
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :and how do i get them from wav to raw? and why they arent directly in that format?

Eh? They are in wav format. wav for Patch V, raw for Pre V. If you want to convert use Goldwave or something.
Quote from DaveWS :Eh? They are in wav format. wav for Patch V, raw for Pre V. If you want to convert use Goldwave or something.

wierd then, cuz its still the same old sound
do you have patch V?

did you put it in the "sound" folder?

you're doing something wrong lol
err, i just realised, i have now a "sound" folder and i used the "snd" folder (as in the first post described).
i guess this folder came with patch V.
*edit* yea now it works, sounds a lot better
but theres still some work left, theres missing something
if its a Gforce chair.. im right there with you
Do the older sound work for 'newer' patch Z?
Yes, they work fine, I'm still using them, thanks again DaveWS. The V2 skid sounds are great and really suit LFS well.

You've tried the rest, now get the best. ^_^
ouch!

New skid sound
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG