The online racing simulator
Cars disappearing in replays.
(1 post, started )
I know this has been around for ages, and I'm sure there's a good reason for it, saving some cpu effort or something.
Anyway, I really hate it when I'm watching a replay from onboard, and the car I'm aboard is side by side with another (going down kyoto national main straight for example).
The car is not in the ahead main view, nor is it in any mirrors. Why oh why does it just disappear completely? You turn to look at it and you see it pop back. When it's gone the sounds it was making are gone too, perhaps that's the worst part. So you can be watching a heated battle, but unless you keep the other car in constant view, you could be under the impression that you're alone on track, until you turn the side and the car pops back into view.

Most annoyingly, you don't get this effect whilst you're actually racing, so why in replays?

PS: I'm also annoyed by cars which lag in the distance (in replays), but if you're sat onboard them they are solid as a rock. That seems unneccessary to me, the replay obviously has the information required to make them appear accurately. (Probably saving more cpu cycles or whatever )

I consider these things to be bugs

(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG