The online racing simulator
CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, etc.?
(4 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
Ok, I got mixed up along the way when I thought I understood what DVD ram is; my setup came with an option 'dvd-ram' which I thought could be used as a kind of second HD to write/re-write files as you please, or it could be used as "ram"?
So I went out and bought a pack of dvd-ram disks>enabled the ram feature on my drive>followed all the guide etc, wnet to format the disk as fat.32 , but it just keeps sayin "This disk is write protected"???
There is a guide to 'remove' WP, but that just doesn't seem todo anything.

I think part of my problem here is todo with Toshi-bah's inferior, crappy software they give with their product's; as I mentioned somewhere before it's like something from the '70s!; ie: it just does'nt tell you much.

Now, on the other hand I believe DVD-ram is used for recording video directly onto the disk or something which I have no need for so I un-installed dvd-ram feature from system and I can not 'burn'/write anything onto even a standard CD-R???> eg: I use Sonic Record Now' and I set it up with my files that I want to write> get's about ~80% complete> tray ejects "There has been an error, please try again" Wtf???; it's starting to piss me off now, any got any ideas on what tf is wrong here, coz I wanna make a CD to boogey the new year in??
#2 - Jakg
DVD-RAM is for burning a proper movie disc - not for RAM
#3 - CSU1
, yes kinda confusing the word 'Ram' in there....I thought.....yeah
Anyway my drive wont burn anythin...gggggod dang!
#4 - TiJay
I enabled DVD-RAM on my old Toshiba laptop and it wouldn't let me burn CDs or DVDs anymore. A reformat was the only way out I found.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG