The online racing simulator
Do your bit in the war against speed camera's
(32 posts, started )
Do your bit in the war against speed camera's
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SpeedingFines/

Unfortunatly, it's only for motorcycles, but it seems that the current equipment doesn't report the speed correctly for motorbikes, and as such bikers are getting fined when they aren't even speeding

Obviously they will soon fix the offending equipment, but untill then sign away
#2 - CSU1
:moped: :haha: :duck: :noob: :dopey: :camera:
Attached images
New_No_plate_for_web.JPG
Do your bit for eliminating speed cameras.
Burn the inappropriately placed ones down.
Nah, just use overly-reflective numberplates.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Do your bit for eliminating speed cameras.
Burn the inappropriately placed ones down.

That'll be 99.9% of them then , ever seen one in a place where it would matter?, outside of a school or near a childrens playground?, nope, why? because people tend to drive safely in those areas illepall
#6 - JTbo
Just drive enough fast and they don't take pic as they get confused.
For as much as folks advocate "take it to the track, not public roads", I don't see why you all are so worried about the speed cameras over there, hehe .

I do feel sorry for you guys about the cameras. That is just way too much "Big Brother".
What, your cameras take bikes too? Ours are facing the wrong way so the bike plates wont be in the picture, idiots I say
Quote from Blackout :What, your cameras take bikes too? Ours are facing the wrong way so the bike plates wont be in the picture, idiots I say

We have Gatsos (yellow boxes that take a picture of the rear of the car IIRC), Truvellos (take pics of the front), average speed traffic CCTV cameras, and 'safety' camera vans I've also seen road signs saying there's aircraft enforcement in Scotland.
Are there speed cameras in LFS?
#12 - AJS
Quote from danowat :http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SpeedingFines/

Unfortunatly, it's only for motorcycles, but it seems that the current equipment doesn't report the speed correctly for motorbikes, and as such bikers are getting fined when they aren't even speeding

Obviously they will soon fix the offending equipment, but untill then sign away

It´s not just motorbikes... I got a speeding ticket from a "mobile" camera and i wasnt speeding hence i didnt look out for cameras or did brake. I was doing exactly 130 and 130 was allowed but they said i was doing 145 kmh.

The other time (again not a stationary camera) i got fined for driving 57 kmh when 50 kmh was allowed... might be i wasnt driving exactly 50 kmh but what a bloody rip-off.

I dont say i dont drive too fast now and then but when im not i dont want to be fined damn it.
#13 - JTbo
Quote from Chris758 :Are there speed cameras in LFS?

Of course there is how would you else get drivetrough for exceeding pit limit?
I've yet to see a well positioned speed camera in this part of the country. The best one is coming into Totnes, its a 30mph limit at the base of a hill with no chance of the car coming down from the national limit the road was before you reach the camera, espically in an automatic. As you go up the hill on the other side there's a traffic light junction anyway, so really what was the point in sticking one there.

A year or two back in Milton Keynes, some fellow took matters into his own hands and kept cutting them down. Took them a long time to put one back up in Old Wolverton..
Quote :For as much as folks advocate "take it to the track, not public roads", I don't see why you all are so worried about the speed cameras over there, hehe

Because the speed that is right for the road isn't always the speed that the limit is at. A lot of the time, the limit is lower than the safe speed and cameras are often placed just after limit signs.
He was Jason Dawe, and his speciality was used cars.
#18 - JTbo
Quote from TiJay :Because the speed that is right for the road isn't always the speed that the limit is at. A lot of the time, the limit is lower than the safe speed and cameras are often placed just after limit signs.

Also there is plenty of situations where limit is far less than speed limit at signs and driving speed shown at sign is wreckless, imo, but some reason this wreckless driving is no penalized or any way looked after from police I guess that they had to actually do something and use their brain for this and also drivers would need to use their brains, but no that can't be asked of course not illepall
Quote from TiJay :He was Jason Dawe, and his speciality was used cars.

That's the one, no idea where I got Chris from. James May tried to carry his torch for long enough, then when they got the studio change he stopped.
Us U.K motorists have it worse than anyone else in the world. We pay excessive amounts of Road Tax, we have toll roads, speed cameras on every corner and now we will be charged money per mile if Labour have their way.

Not only that but our public transport is a complete joke, what they don't realise is that we don't drive for fun...we have to drive because the trains are so unreliable and buses are non existant.

Oh I also forgot that cars cost almost double the amount in the U.K and insurance can often reach thousands for a first time driver. End Rant.

Oh and the best part is that we wouldn't mind all of this if the money goes back into giving us a decent transport system, but it doesn't. We have 50 year old trains, 100 year old tracks, roads with more potholes than ones in Iraq...and a reducing number of traffic police (you know the ones who catch real criminals)
Quote from TiJay :Because the speed that is right for the road isn't always the speed that the limit is at. A lot of the time, the limit is lower than the safe speed and cameras are often placed just after limit signs.

The idea is to catch people out so they can make even more money.

Quote :Oh and the best part is that we wouldn't mind all of this if the money goes back into giving us a decent transport system, but it doesn't. We have 50 year old trains, 100 year old tracks, roads with more potholes than ones in Iraq

Most of the money probably goes back to 'defence'. (read: Iraq)
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Not only that but our public transport is a complete joke.........and buses are non existant.

I suggest you look no further than 65 miles north of yourself! Oxford has a brilliant Bus service...modern, environmentally freindly, efficient (except on Friday afternoons!) EXCELLENT drivers..(well, ONE that I can think of! )

It's just a pity that the POLICE dont enforce the existing laws in and around Oxford to get even more of these silly cars off the road!
#24 - JTbo
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Oh and the best part is that we wouldn't mind all of this if the money goes back into giving us a decent transport system, but it doesn't. We have 50 year old trains, 100 year old tracks, roads with more potholes than ones in Iraq...and a reducing number of traffic police (you know the ones who catch real criminals)

Also your asphalt turns incredible slippery when it rains, really slippery compared what we have here, that is what I have read how it is from one car forum at least, you can slide in roundabout without trying with less than 20mph, that is sick.
Well there is a few things you can do hear, not tried and tested mind you, but have heard from a Traffic copper who is a friend.

1. Slow down
2. Do the correct speed limit
3. Flash your lights, ( as when the camara flashes, all if gets is a flash back ) 4. Have reflective plates ( already mentioned )
5. Have no plates on the front ( front facing camara's cannot record rear moving vehicule )

6. Have no plates, and give the camara the Bird ( seen this, laughed alot )
7. Drive somebody elses car
8. Insist your car was stolen
9. Insist your wife was in labour
10.Insist your not from around these parts
11. Learn where the camara's are
12. Learn by your mistakes
13. Don't do it again

Fordie

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG