The online racing simulator
reapir of the car.
(13 posts, started )
reapir of the car.
I have searched for "damage" and "repair" and found nothing in this thread about that subject.

If a racer smashes his car, then a repairmode should start. If the car is heavily damaged, maby it would last a couple of hours to fix it

Then people had to take care in the turns, especially T1. Offcourse innocent drivers would get caught too, but the guy who did this, would be noticed.

Like the IRL races, it have to cost people, more than one race - But the feature should be flexible, so one could choose to use it, or not

I think it`s important, that it can "cost" you, if one is not careful in the turns.
1+

But it should be flexible.
If you want it, get it.
If you dont, turn it off.
Otherwise i think it sounds briliant.
But i think this one have been up before. :P Have seen it someplace.

but overall +1.
Props for spelling "repair" in three different ways

As for the idea... do you mean this repair mode would start immediately after the collision? Or do you mean that repairing the damage when pitting should take longer? If you mean the latter, +1
+1 for time scaled repairs.

But also we need time scaled setup changes - like Colin McRae Rally 2.
#5 - Davo
Missing out on the next race if your car is badly damaged would be neat, however it would cause a lot of grief from people that didn't cause the damage. I'd be abolsutel fuming if I had to sit out a race for someone elses mistake. Add lag to the mix and you can get a super lag crash that damages everything and it becomes even worse. Good idea but not really feasible in online play.
#6 - dev
+1
Quote from Davo :Missing out on the next race if your car is badly damaged would be neat, however it would cause a lot of grief from people that didn't cause the damage. I'd be abolsutel fuming if I had to sit out a race for someone elses mistake. Add lag to the mix and you can get a super lag crash that damages everything and it becomes even worse. Good idea but not really feasible in online play.

If it was scalable !
Then the different servers could decide how long the repair should last
Quote from Batterypark :Props for spelling "repair" in three different ways

As for the idea... do you mean this repair mode would start immediately after the collision? Or do you mean that repairing the damage when pitting should take longer? If you mean the latter, +1

Sorry - My thougts often are a mile in front of my typing. Those th words are hard to manage, for a non native english speaker

I also usually corrcts my spelling, but did not see them, this time. I can`t correct the headline, but nobody is perfect
Quote from duke_toaster :+1 for time scaled repairs.

But also we need time scaled setup changes - like Colin McRae Rally 2.

Yeahhh - And the possibilty to pit, and change setup, during the longer races
#10 - Woz
I tried to raise a similar idea a while back.

In RBR when you race a season there is a huge mental cost in a crash because you might be out of the rally for that country so it makes you drive more in control.

I think all that is required is when you mash your car you miss the next race. This should be logged on LFS world so even if you leave one server and join another you still have to miss a race.

This would add a big mental cost to a crash in LFS and probably stop T1 madness and also wreckers.

Might be its only present on hardcore mode servers if that mode gets imoplemented
I'm with Davo on his thoughts. I don't crash others (at least I attempt VERY hard not too and if it happens, it happens VERY infrequently.) But I have been involved in crashes from noobs quite a bit. It would be furious to have to sit out because of idiocy on the servers that wasn't your fault.

Many times I'm crashed by someone and still able to make it around the track. I drive to the pits, get the car fixed, get back out on the track, and can very often get back into the race with perhaps the midfield folks. If I crash hard enough, I pull myself from the race already. Either I watch the race, or wait for a break in the field and go lap/practice by myself.

Sure, you can say the option would be nice for leagues, and it would be. But I'd fear public enabling this as well as bad as the racers are in public.
+1 with a suggested change...

Make the option server-side. When hosting, you would have the option to turn on "Long Damage" or something similar. That way, when racers join the server, any extensive damage caused would carry on to the next race(s). Not sure if that would lower the amount of people going to those servers, but I do think the ones that would continue to race on those servers are ones who are safer racers to begin with.

Of course, there's nothing to stop someone from racing until they wreck, then just joining another server to start over fresh.

I've already seen some servers that run credit mods, where you need a certain amount of credits to get the next car to race. If there was an option to selectively repair car parts (Kind of CMR series), then these credit servers could assign a cost per repair, making people chose what to fix and what to put off.

Honestly though, I think it would be a PITA to put into the game
+0.5

As long as it's a maximum pit time of a couple of minutes it's a good idea.
But any longer than that and all you'd end up with is people leaving the server if they get damaged. Likewise, being forced to miss the next race will make people leave as well.

And as well as a clock counting up for pit time, an ETA would also be nice, so you at least have the option of a bio break while you wait

reapir of the car.
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG