The online racing simulator
Maximum lock
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Navid
Maximum lock
Hi friends
Maximum steering lock in XF GTI is 30 degree and in xr is 36. but in our real car is more then it. i know these are race car but i think its good if we use more degree for lock. i can't do something very well with only 30 degree.
thanks
For those also interested, and for future reference when it comes up again and someone finds this thread, I suggest to keep searching. There are various reasons for the current maximum lock levels.
Quote from Navid :Hi friends
Maximum steering lock in XF GTI is 30 degree and in xr is 36. but in our real car is more then it. i know these are race car but i think its good if we use more degree for lock. i can't do something very well with only 30 degree.
thanks

You are just wrong.
#4 - Navid
Quote from geeman1 :You are just wrong.

realy? maybe you're right, but why im wrong? I always like to find my mistakes, may you tell me why im wrong?
Thanks
#5 - Woz
Quote from Navid :realy? maybe you're right, but why im wrong? I always like to find my mistakes, may you tell me why im wrong?
Thanks

What is your car that has more than 36deg lock?

A London Taxi is about the only production car that has more than 36 lock.
I know something else - London Bus - but thats not a car now.
#7 - JTbo
#8 - Navid
Quote from Woz :What is your car that has more than 36deg lock?

almost all cars here, old and new, but old cars here has more deg lock.
but my problem isn't realy with RWD cars in lfs, its good, my problem is on FWD because its only 30 degree.
#9 - axus
Quote from Navid :my problem is on FWD because its only 30 degree.

The reason for that is because, due to the fact that you not only have to fit a steering system but drive shafts on the front wheels too, its more difficult to achieve higher steering angles.
#10 - JTbo
Quote from axus :The reason for that is because, due to the fact that you not only have to fit a steering system but drive shafts on the front wheels too, its more difficult to achieve higher steering angles.

Yes, FWD wheels just don't turn as much, drifeshaft has this joint and it is not possible to make it turn so much, well I think it is possible but would jost really a lot.
Those stretched Hummers are funny as their front wheels don't turn as well as traditional limousines, making them really bad at corners, this is because of very same reason.
Does it matter for racing anyway? Never use more than about 12 degrees unless you're countersteering.
Quote from Bob Smith :Does it matter for racing anyway? Never use more than about 12 degrees unless you're countersteering.

it's ok for racing, we don't need much lock for racing tracks, but we need in autocross racing or slalom.
ie in slalom racing in real world its easy to drive FWD when pylons are close ( for example when its 6m distance ) but if you make slalom trak in lfs with 6m distance of pylons, its hard to pass it with XF GTI.
#13 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :Does it matter for racing anyway? Never use more than about 12 degrees unless you're countersteering.

You are not seen me racing then? Need all 36 to catch that tail almost in every corner

But I don't think that more would add much if anything so really more is not needed.

That could be likened to 'never use more than about 12 degrees unless you're turning' for some people in some cars

Maximum lock
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG