The online racing simulator
UK Karting
(58 posts, started )
UK Karting
Heya, now that I am perminently in the UK I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together for a Karting event?

Here is a little track near Oxford

http://www.kartingoxford.co.uk/

Prices are reasonable IMO I am also willing to head to Milton Keynes and race at Daytona there but they are more expensive

Any ideas, thoughts? I realize this time of year isn't perfect but I am itching to get into a seat of some kind, at least until my car gets here =)
Well since nobody has decided to respond I have decided to go to Milton Keynes.

Anyone willing to do the Ironman 50 or 60? Near the end of Janurary? the cost is 75pounds.
ill do that m8
i live not far from MK
ill persuade (force) tristan to come too. ello mr cliffe
That sounds good I will have to talk to Becky again but she said she would be willing to go.

I also have my brother-in-law that wants to go, almost there, need at least 6 =)
I might be interested. It depends how my budget is doing after the new year - got to buy things for proper racing cars. But put in me in provisionally...
Sweet, well thats 5.

Myself
Rob (brother-in-law) Weirdly he is born on the EXACT same day as me...
Tristan
Senna (srry, forgot your real name, what is it btw? =P)

Any more takers?

http://www.daytona.co.uk/races ... on%20keynes&type=open

There is also the daytona Cup challenge for 45 pounds that looks interesting at the end of Janurary. Any other ideas from anyone for the end of Janurarybegining of feburary timeframe?
Hehe, Tristian. Senna's real name is Will

I would go but its all the way down south
hi
any ideas what the date for this gig is? ive got a club race on the 27th and 28th which is the 4th sunday. if theres a clash i cant go!
Well there is the North Circuit GP Open Heats on the 21st of Janurary for 45 pounds. That sounds like a nice idea. Lets plan for that date and see if anyone else would like to come =P

Leifde: Is there any nice tracks in your area?
Me and my team mates were thinking about a Karting day.

Any idea how quick those Karts are at Oxford? I've heard Butmore Park down the M2 have a good outdoor circuit and quick karts. Quite scary apparently which sounds promising.
Well I know they have twin200CC karts. From what I hear they are VERY good and the facilities and track are top notch. I have driven by the track many times and the circuits look very nice. This is outdoor.
i live pretty near to MK daytona kart place but its kinda pricey to me :s
I thought so too, but good karting tracks cost this much from what I have seen. Paintballing costs about the same. And it's good fun =P
The nearest good outdoor track to me is 20 miles and they have crappy karts. I guess the one nearest to me with good kart is PFI in Lincolnshire. Its still a long way though

There's a few good indoor ones near me - one in Leeds, one in Bradford (I think, not sure if its still there) and one about 2 miles from my house. There's also a Daytona-owned place in Manchester that I've never been to.

In my area you get quite a few indoor placs but hardly any outdoor places, even ones which are only there for MSA races (there's one about 30ish miles away from me, the rest are 60+)
Depends where you are:

If in or around London then there is Buckmore Park just off the M2 & a few in the city too. (playscape)

in the Midlands there is the Cannon Raceway in Wolverhampton & Whilton Mill in Northamptonshire.

UP north Daytona Manchester & a track nr Chester somewhere.

best to google it as those are only a few tracks that I know of.
I would like to come karting depending on price & location.

Thanks
well the idea so far is Milton Keynes Daytona, price is between 50 and 75 pounds. these from what I understand are twin 200CC karts.
u dont need to shift S u jus carry on racin!
how old are u?
yea u will be the youngest lol
yea thats my accolade
I don't have any Jaffa Cakes. I ate of them, when I became the greatest at Jaffa Cake eating in the entire LFS community. It's you lot, the lesser mortals, that still have Jaffa Cakes, because you are not as good at eating them as I am.

I'll probably come. Even if I say I can't afford it, or don't have the time, or whatever, the actual temptation of karting/racing with people I know (kind of) is just too compelling, and I'll end up changing my mind and coming anyway.

I'm off to watch This Life. There's a new 10 year anniversary episode, and I want to be up to speed on the Warren/Miles/Egg/Milly/etc thing Gotta love bittorrent... errr... I mean Christmas presents. Yeah, presents. Honest.
tristan knows me 100%
You will be slowest Niko, don't kid yourself
Got the lowdown about Buckmore Park (near Chatham Kent) from my next door neighbour who is a jap crap freak. He says the Karts at Buckmore do 80mph and are 200cc, no clucthes. They will spin with power oversteer if you don't respect the throttle. Now that's my kind of Karting

Anyone brave enough?

Anyway - whatever is decided count me and at least one or two other mates in.

UK Karting
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG