The online racing simulator
Some Good News
(21 posts, started )
Some Good News
Hey guys I have some great news. At my highschool I'm starting to get alot of people involved with LFS. My computer tech teacher even let me set up a LAN game of LFS for the class...Needless to say I heard alot of stuff like "Man this would kick ass with a wheel" "This creams GTR any day" and my favourite "Mannn this game is gayy it wont let me take a corner at 120 (XRT)"illepall

So far I have two big fans that have Patch V at home, and I will be purchasing a licence as soon as my parents let me buy something over the internet. I thought I would just share that with you guys.
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Hey guys I have some great news. At my highschool I'm starting to get alot of people involved with LFS. My computer tech teacher even let me set up a LAN game of LFS for the class...Needless to say I heard alot of stuff like "Man this would kick ass with a wheel" "This creams GTR any day" and my favourite "Mannn this game is gayy it wont let me take a corner at 120 (XRT)"illepall

Yeah, amazing : a lot of N00b5/ Wr3ck3rs

Quote from dropin_biking : So far I have two big fans that have Patch V at home, and I will be purchasing a licence as soon as my parents let me buy something over the internet. I thought I would just share that with you guys.
~Bryan~

You can also ask one of these fans to buy a voucher for you : read this page (search for voucher )and this one too
Hey thanks man. But I was talking to the n00b who couldn't race and he said (and I quote) 'Man, this game is so shitty, you hit one wall and your car is ****ed, how gay is that? And like this car only hits 220 on the straight, a REAL game lets you go so much faster, and in a real sim like Most Wanted you can actually drift, the idiots who made this shit need to get some tips for NFS!"

I honestly, wanted, to, kill, him.
~Bryan~
#4 - Jakg
"can actually drift"

Youtube + "LFS Drift" + IQ >5 = Solution
ahhh come on, think of it this way - wait till your idiot mate gets behind the wheel of a real car lol - the lads going to be on his roof in about 20 minutes lol
Quote from dropin_biking :Hey thanks man. But I was talking to the n00b who couldn't race and he said (and I quote) 'Man, this game is so shitty, you hit one wall and your car is ****ed, how gay is that? And like this car only hits 220 on the straight, a REAL game lets you go so much faster, and in a real sim like Most Wanted you can actually drift, the idiots who made this shit need to get some tips for NFS!"

I honestly, wanted, to, kill, him.
~Bryan~

[LFS fanboy galore]If I heard that guy,I probably would.Mutilate him beyond recognition,that is. [/LFS fanboy galore]
Lol, I don't mean to sound arragant or harsh toward people, but the fact is, they are wrong, and think they are right. Doesn't it just bug the hell out of you when somebody hates something because its not the norm? or because they don't know how to use it properly?
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Lol, I don't mean to sound arragant or harsh toward people, but the fact is, they are wrong, and think they are right. Doesn't it just bug the hell out of you when somebody hates something because its not the norm? or because they don't know how to use it properly?
~Bryan~

Agreed, that is why we play LFS . Now hurry up and buy S2, it's the best purchase you will ever make .
Believe me I know...I, have a confession...____________________________________...it was almost the best week of my life. Now I'm bugging the crap out of my parents to let me buy it. I have the money and everything, they just frown upon internet shopping.I just really want S2 so I can jump free from the n00b/wrecker/immature twats/restarters of the demo servers, it pisses me off soo much...
~Bryan~
eww, better edit that post fast, so not much ppl see it
thats not a thing we want to hear, even when ur going to buy it
/me totally agrees with [RCG]Boosted
Quote from dropin_biking :Now I'm bugging the crap out of my parents to let me buy it. I have the money and everything, they just frown upon internet shopping....

If they don't wanna buy on Internet, the voucher is THE solution, Bryan, don't forgget it
Quote from dropin_biking : Doesn't it just bug the hell out of you when somebody hates something....because they don't know how to use it properly?
~Bryan~

Well Bryan, some people are too afraid to admit that cannot do something or something well, especially around other teenage boys.

I am assuming you and your peers are near or at driving age. Too bad you dont have a wheel there, so you set an XRG to default and have the others experience understeer and oversteer in in the same corner. That would keep that young man quiet.
I'm only 14. Two more years untill G1. But I race karts (not shitty go-karts from fairs) They have 250cc liquid cooled engines, and will hit a good 160kph. So my dad says I'll make a good racer, but he's not too sure about the normal driving part. :P

But theres literally nobody my age who understands the concepts of racing and driving, I just gave up trying to get them to understand.
~Bryan~
Whoever thinks NFS and realism go together must have their knob chopped off!
No...because anybody who thinks NFS is a sim isn't a real man, therefore, cannot get their knob chopped off because it doesn't exsist...
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :No...because anybody who thinks NFS is a sim isn't a real man, therefore, cannot get their knob chopped off because it doesn't exsist...
~Bryan~

Quote from S14 DRIFTS Mate : NFS:MW is really realistic

Quote from S14 DRIFT : *Slap* Get some balls

Quote from S14 DRIFTS Mate : I got balls ... Im a man you fool

Good stuff.

Wish my school would let me play lfs!!

Oh well...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Every time your parents use their credit card in a restaurant, or indeed anywhere, there's a chance that the person who handles their card might skim it and forge a copy. Literally anyone with the right hardware can do this - it's easy.

If they use the same card online, anyone who wants to steal the card details must either intercept the transaction (practically nobody can do this) and then decrypt the card details (this is a supremely non-trivial task), or they'd need to break into the datacentre that handles the card transactions (either electronically or physically - and these installations are majorly secure either way) and steal the details from there. The other opportunity, of course, is to install malware on your computer and capture the card details as you type - if you think your computer isn't secure then do not use your credit card online.

Just thought your parents might be interested to hear the practicalities of it. I develop ecommerce software for a living so I hear these sorts of attitudes quite regularly.

Just wanted to agree with Kev here.
As said, when you hand your card to a person, he can make a copy of the card details. In fact I suspect this is where 90% of all card fraud starts. NOT online! Apart from dubious websites maybe, but that's why one should always check to see if the online retailer is trustworthy.
When using a credit card online at a trustworthy website, _noone_ will see you card details, hence it's much safer. The only thing you need to worry about is the sanity of your computer. It should be virus and spy ware free. If it is, you'll be safe.

Generic guidelines :

- Make sure the Lock icon is visible on your browser's status bar. This tells you that the information you will be sending over the internet is encrypted and as such, unreadable to anyone but the receiving website.
- Make sure your computer is not infected with spy-ware or any form of virus. Scan your computer regularly with a good virus and spy-ware scanner!
- Do not make an online payment if you do not trust the website owner. Find out more about them when in doubt. In our case, we make use of a dedicated payment gateway. This is a company that takes care of our payments, so we never even see your full credit card details (only partially, like cardholder name and the last 4 digits of your card number). The payment gateway we use is run by a company called Protx, located in the UK. Click that link to learn more about them.
To protect yourself from phishing, it is often suggested to use Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox, as both have built-in anti-phishing protection mechanisms. They won't make you 100% safe of course, but they should reduce your risk of falling victim to fraud. Too keep your computer free of spyware I would recommend Spybot - Search And Destroy as it's freeware and doesn't seem to use many resources. As for a free antivirus, I would recommend AVG Antivirus Free Edition.

Some Good News
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG