The online racing simulator
Dual Screens - ATI Radeon 9250 256mb
**ALSO POSTED IN HARDWARE - BUT NO REPLYS**

Hi,

Wondering i anyone can help me. I have two monitors both plugged in, and the most i can do is strech the desktop accorss them. This means, i cannot drag anything onto the second monitor to use it.

Tried to install latest drivers, Catalyst 5.9 Windows XP, install them and i get a message - something about "unable to Initialize, then a load of random numbers.

Please could someone help me, as i would like to use the two screens for surfing two different webpages side by side, and watching tv on one, and LFS on the other.

Cheers in advance,

Also, can i use the screen as two seprate areas, ie have icons on both screens. Ie have Internet on screen two, and it will launch on screen two.
Normaly you should be able to drag and drop everything across the two monitors except 3D accelerated windows because they are bound to the surface they are initialized, maybe it will go down to some lousy fps or crash.

You have to start lfs on the root monitor - I haven't figured out if there's a way to say it should start on monitor 2 like I can do in Linux Windowmanagers.

Hope this helps

cheers,
Sven
#3 - jmkz
Quote from Arghonor : I haven't figured out if there's a way to say it should start on monitor 2

in options -> graphics

click your videocard name; and than select the 2nd card; quit & restart game, it will now pop up on your 2nd monitor
Radeons do not support 3D acceleration on two display devices at the same time - not at least the 9xxx series, I do not know what's the case with the more recent ones.
You must dowload and install ATI Hydravision to use both screens the way you want.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG