The online racing simulator
Developers - Easily port LFS to Intel Macs
Developers of Live For Speed, please take time to go here: http://www.transgaming.com/ind ... ;func=display&ceid=24

This company has a new way of porting standard Windows games onto Intel Macs. All you have to do is contact them as instructed on the page. Thanks for your time and I hope to see a mac version soon!

I'm not joking, this is used by World Of Warcraft (A much larger game than yours).
Hahaha.

Oh you weren't joking?

EDIT: Semi-seriously speaking - you were joking, right?

EDIT: Damn I hate it when I don't know if people are joking or just plain retarted.
That's the same as Cedega (Wine) in Linux. It is not a porting engine, but a Win-API emulator for Mac (Cedega for Lin).

If you have Mac, you can run LFS in this program on your own, it needs no action from the developers.
Some people just ASK to be ripped off.
#5 - ajp71
Well with an Intel Mac why not run Windows games in Windows?
Because then scammers won't get any money.
Quote from detail :That's the same as Cedega (Wine) in Linux. It is not a porting engine, but a Win-API emulator for Mac (Cedega for Lin).

If you have Mac, you can run LFS in this program on your own, it needs no action from the developers.

Cider is targeted at game developers and publishers and, unlike Cedega, is not an end user product.

It's not "the same for mac".
Quote from ajp71 :Well with an Intel Mac why not run Windows games in Windows?

I might not know much about Mac users, but I don't think they bought a Mac so they could run Windows on it.
Did I miss something here? It seems like people think having a LFS port running on Mac is a bad idea? More LFS players = bad?
#9 - joen
Quote from smashpiranha :I might not know much about Mac users, but I don't think they bought a Mac so they could run Windows on it.
Did I miss something here? It seems like people think having a LFS port running on Mac is a bad idea? More LFS players = bad?

I think it's more a case of it requiring too much work for too little gain. LFS has a small dev team and it's already a lot of work to get the game where they want it to be. Starting and maintaining versions for different platforms will result in even more work.
LFS already is in a niche market. Releasing it on another niche market like Macs will probably not be worth it and not result in many more players. Also considering that a lot of gamers with a Mac have a PC for their gaming.
I don't know, maybe when LFS is finished it would be a possibility for the devs.
#10 - Woz
Quote from smashpiranha :I might not know much about Mac users, but I don't think they bought a Mac so they could run Windows on it.

Here are a few facts about all this.

The Mac compared to Windows has a TINY user base. So the gains from porting to Mac is actually very small.

LFS uses Direct X for Graphics, Sound and Controller interaction. As this is a HUGE part of the code base. And that does not take into account any other Windows specific code in the app.

As there would now be two streams in the code base the support tasks would multiply.

So as you see the gains from a Mac port is NOT worth the effort of the few people it will add to LFS.
You did read about Cider in the link in the first post? I wasn't talking about a pure native Mac port in case you missed my point.
#12 - Woz
Quote from smashpiranha :You did read about Cider in the link in the first post? I wasn't talking about a pure native Mac port in case you missed my point.

Its just an emulation of the Windows API. If it is a REAL emulation then LFS will run and if not it won't.

I doubt many developers will try and support a 3rd party emulation of one system on another because you end up chasing faults that turn out to be nothing to do with you.
I'm very sorry for you if you bought a mac to play games on

They are great computers, but they do not compete with Windoze for games

I hate windoze...... Linux is much better.... so are most other O/S's....

But, I want to play games..... and Windoze is the only game in town !!!
Quote from detail :That's the same as Cedega (Wine) in Linux. It is not a porting engine, but a Win-API emulator for Mac (Cedega for Lin).

No, read the page. It says To get your games available to Mac users today contact TransGaming at: [email protected]. Whoever is developing this game needs to do that.

No I think you may have missed the point current Intel Macs can duel boot into either OS, there's no emulation involved and they've already been shown to run LFS great. I think a lot of Mac users do want and use this feature.
Quote from CharlieP :Windoze is the only game in town !!!

sad but true...
(I wanted a MAC when I didnt have a PC, jut because it was rare...now I dont really want a Mac)
All new Intel Macs can run Windows and LFS natively. There is really no need for a MacOS X port of LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG