The online racing simulator
lfs still king
(45 posts, started )
I wish you folks would stop to think so absolute. Yes, LFS is king. But so are GPL, NR 2003, GTL and GTR as well, all for their very own simulated driving world.
Quote from Gabkicks :its close enough to reality to scare off alot of kids. not as close as i like but at least it has that effect associated with sims.

...and an M3 can get round the ring in 6.30...

Quote :But so are GPL, NR 2003

In terms of pure driving realism the Papy sims have to win, LFS only gets the advantage with the popularity of the online play, hopefully someday LFS will have netcode to support 42 cars.
When I tell somebody "Live for Speed", I'm always asked "Is it another Need for Speed?"
Quote from ajp71 :...hopefully someday LFS will have netcode to support 42 cars.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Just imagine the T1 carnage... *shudder*
#30 - Vain
You know... the 42 cars would be spread on a longer grid than the 20 cars are now. Just as 20 cars now are spread over a bigger distance than 10 cars on the grid. T1 would still be exactly the same.
Also flying starts should be implemented soon.

Vain
Quote :Also flying starts should be implemented soon.

Which would only lead to higher speeds entering T1 and just about the same carnage. It's not standing or flying starts, it's the mindset of the racers.
#32 - JTbo
Grid of 42 cars, I think that we need to have some sort of license requirement for racer joining so big races

I just love to hunt those that can pass T1 with luck without braking, usually they can make few turns but then pressure when they see my car at mirror is too much and they seem to spin out, quite annoying, I never can make proper overtaking

However, there is times when someone actually is staying on track, really fun to pretend to be outbraking and then other racers braking goes long, while I just take inside line and gotcha again.

Just quite rare to have these battles nowdays, Aston National is perhaps best place to seek these battles with FXO GTR...

LFS is best online part for sure, also only sim that has cars those can be handled many ways, it is true racing sim, GTR-game is indeed a game, suspension and tyres are wery odd, imo. Also online part is far from LFS. Sure it is nice to drive at times, but it does not feel like sim.

So in my opinion, LFS is the King.
Quote from al heeley :Which 3, out of interest?

NfS Hot Pursuit 2
Midnight Club 2
Flatout
I haven't gone so far as to delete my old favourites, but I will say that since LFS got installed I haven't driven a lap of NR2003 (original), the NR2003 Redline GTP mod, nor good old Grand Prix Legends.
Its very easy to be a PC sim snob and scoff at GT4, BUT, GT4 is a very good game/sim in its own right, show me another racing game/sim on ANY platform that gives you the chance to drive 700+ real life cars around the best digital rendition of the Nordschleife so far?.

Ok, so its not as realistic as LFS, TBH there is nothing that is, but that doesnt stop GT4 from being a great driving game, plus the physics are way, way advanced from GT3.

Dan.
in some ways gt4's flaws are the opposite of lfs's.
I'm not doubting that GT4 is not a very good game for the PS2, but it is not a true simulation, it was never designed to be, it was designed to be a fairly realistic game that can still be played on a joypad.
#38 - jmkz
I can lap the ring in GT4 with an EVO VIII in less than 6min30seconds, and it easier with the gamepad than with the wheel, which defaults to 900°C turning circle with GT4 :/
Quote from XCNuse :i think its the real driving simulator is because.. it has real cars and tracks lol thats the realist part about it

although i did play it some the other day, felt like getting a peugot clio V6 .. thats a cool car

Maybe you wanted to say a RENAULT Clio V6
Quote from jmkz :I can lap the ring in GT4 with an EVO VIII in less than 6min30seconds, and it easier with the gamepad than with the wheel, which defaults to 900°C turning circle with GT4 :/

haha. what kinda of tires were you using? if you can get around the ring with n2 or n3 tires in that time then you are not human. I've driven an evo8 MR in real life and the max lock was actually smaller than 900°. The car was slightly modified, but i think the steering is stock.
#41 - jmkz
oops; was talking about the GT4 Wheel which defaults to 900°C turn instead of 200°C default.

I think it were racing tyres
Quote from jmkz :I can lap the ring in GT4 with an EVO VIII in less than 6min30seconds

which shows pretty obviously that the game is arcadey ... afaik 6:30 is a group c time round the ring ... there is no way any street car could do a lap that fast
Quote from SpiderX :Maybe you wanted to say a RENAULT Clio V6

lol kept saying to myself that didnt sound right

owell.. either way they are both french

anyone ever see that guy that took that old mercedes cart.. thing lol that goes like 4 mph that took it around le sarthe? took him 45 minutes hehehe
Quote from Shotglass :which shows pretty obviously that the game is arcadey ... afaik 6:30 is a group c time round the ring ... there is no way any street car could do a lap that fast

Ahh....but he didnt say that he has tuned the bejesus out of it and is running slick tyres did he.

Using N1 or N2 tyres and a no tuning aids makes it all the more realistic.

Dan.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
#45 - jmkz
Quote from Shotglass :.. there is no way any street car could do a lap that fast

I know GT4 is not close to real life... at all

lfs still king
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG