Version V Speculation
(67 posts, started )
Version V Speculation
I know Scawen has been making awesome progress from the test patches, that will get into a version V soon, but anyone have any thoughts if anything else will be in V, like a new track or something?
It should compatible with U, so new tracks or cars are impossible...that's of course if scavier hasn't changed their mind.
I believe V will be a compatible patch so definitely no new content.
Maybe the much wanted mpr esc menu? Oh I know I'd like that!
Quote from K.David :I believe V will be a compatible patch so definitely no new content.
Maybe the much wanted mpr esc menu? Oh I know I'd like that!

I do love Hubert Cumberdale (sorry i was distracted by ur avatar) lol. I cant wait for S3 but it doesn't seem likes there's much more these guys can do...
#5 - axus
I think I saw something Scawen said about it HAVING to be compatible in the hosts section so don't hold your breath. I think its pretty much U35 with a few issues resolved. We'll know tomorrow it seems.
Quote from BrandonAGr :like a new track or something?

You wish...

Pretty accurate guess would be all the fixes in current test patch U35 + few last minute bug fixes.

Quote from Scawen :Patch and Full Version V final build is schedules for tomorrow, so I'm really not implementing new features now.

I hope that a /lookat command is added.
We'll see tomorrow *cough cough* I wonder what Eric's been up to
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
only thing ive been realisticaly hoping for since i got lfs is for thecollisions to be fixed as there in no way real. i know that big accidents can happen anyway due to lagg crashes, but for the sake of autocross why to the barriers have to be super dooper spring loaded?
Imo V patch will be U35 with some small improvements, nothing more, nothing less.
I wonder if it would be possible that Eric would release the GTR cockpits which didn't make it to the U? Or would that be incompatible...
#12 - joen
I wish we could see some compatible updates, for instance Eric's work on the GTR cockpits, but I don't think there will be any.

edit: Blackout beats me to it
*activates SMS Patch alert*
#14 - axus
Quote from Highsider9 :*activates SMS Patch alert*

Its delayed about half an hour anyway. Or it was last time.
I think the only change from U35 (or U36) will be the version number - nothing more.
Quote from Captain Slow :only thing ive been realisticaly hoping for since i got lfs is for thecollisions to be fixed as there in no way real. i know that big accidents can happen anyway due to lagg crashes, but for the sake of autocross why to the barriers have to be super dooper spring loaded?

Those 200 m moonflights relates to the whole collision model, I don't think that would be possible to "fix" or improve in a compatible patch. Though another question is that why this pretty important issue hasn't been addressed at all in general.
Well I get bored at work, so I just thought it might be possible, I must have missed where it would be a compatible patch.
I expect it will be just general improvements, much like what we have seen in the test patches. Hopefully the sounds will be tweaked again to improve the single seaters sound. I will be happy with a Rewind button on replays.
#19 - Rob
Serves me right...

I thought with it being the season of goodwill and all that we might get an update worth downloading. I'm personally getting a little bored of the car and track lineup and would love to have something new to try.
Quote from Rob :Serves me right...

I thought with it being the season of goodwill and all that we might get an update worth downloading. I'm personally getting a little bored of the car and track lineup and would love to have something new to try.

Me too... Have you tried Carribean Cruise? It's a bit of a change...
theres plenty of combinations to play, just the only chance is offline as theere isnt many servers running those uncommon combinations. wich is a whole different topic so i wont rant.

back to what i was saying about the collisions, fair point to deggis that said it was based on a model and wont be fixed, never thought about it that way.
im still hoping for some of erics latest for christmas
u can expect patch V to update the lfs webpage with a news entry!!!!
Yes it will really be just like Test Patch U35 with fixes for any serious problems found.

And yes there will be a news item and a full version. It's a much better version than U, compatible with more computers, better sounds and... and... and... if you really want to know and have a few minutes spare, read the list in the first post :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=16784
Quote from Scawen :if you really want to know and have a few minutes spare, read the list in the first post :

I would call it a small update

Version V Speculation
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG