The online racing simulator
Rallycross - Underated?
(19 posts, started )
Rallycross - Underated?
Well, i decided to have a few runs on the rallycross. Just to make a change from driving through the standard Fern Bay over an over. It was actually very good, and really fun. So i decided to look for some servers, and take my new rally set against some real players. But i couldnt find any servers running a rally course. So, is it underated? Not many people seem to run it.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Rallying is great, but since the new patch and the messed up contacts in LFS it has made rallying alot less fun than before as theres allways going to be contact in Rallycross and the chances are someone will get punted off from some simple contact.

However FLP done Bl rally X LX6 the other week and it was a blast, great fun, I guess I was lucky it picked something differnt for us all.
i think theres quite a few demo servers run rallycross, but that speaks for itself aswe would only be able to use fxg xrg and xrt.
I enjoy rally, and have them all on the random track selection on the servers I op. I just watched the track change to rally actually, the first few laps where a bit iffy then after that I was really impressed at how clean it was and how much respect everyone gave each other, despite it being Fe Rally Green Rev. Then start of race 2 first corner pileup and everyone wanted a new track
I think rally would be a lot more popular if we had some better tracks. I really love driving the FXO in the dirt, but am not very fond of the half dirt, half tarmac tracks. If/when we get longer all-dirt tracks or some sort of dirt track editor (think autocross editor, but with a dirt lot and jumps) then I think it will become much more popular. I think LFS would be a TON of fun if it had stadium tracks and some sort of track editor.
yea a rallycross editor would be really good. even iff it let you make small stages that would be wonderfull.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's not very popular, no. There aren't enough circuits for it (only three configs) so it's more of a "for a change" activity.

SCCC seem to run rallyx configs more than most hosts. Probably because Tukko has all the best rallyx setups.

True, Tukko has a certain influence on that but it is not a secret that Cabbies like it dirty

Rally is underestimated yes, it's just the same as in real life.... Perhaps some hosts can put on some rally configs to help it, but what really needs to be done is a (re)launch of a rally only league, like RSCX was.
#8 - Fetzo
it's rallycross not rally. @topic: the problem is that the rx tracks simply don't have the quality of the tarmac-only-tracks and that there is no rallycross car at all. because the netcode (or whatever the reason for the mayhem that happens if 2 cars touch each other) isn't as good as it seems to be in s1 it's more difficult to have a clean race now. the terrible bumps on bl2 make this even worse, they are just insane and do often cause havoc. actually real rallycross tracks are pretty flat, there are a few exceptions and there are definately large hills, but rx-cars do not jump around the track like they do in bl2. the jump in fe5 is just insane. fun to drive, but a killer for many rx races. because of that many rx publics tend to be desctruction derbys.
I'm not really a rallycross fan, I much much prefer actual point-to-point stage rally racing on small twisty roads (read: RBR). It would be better if we had some pure dirt tracks, the current ones don't really appeal to me.
A custom narrow-roaded "rally stage" on on FE Black I made quite a while ago was more entertaining for me than all the RallyX racing together
+1 Android.
Quote from AndroidXP :
A custom narrow-roaded "rally stage" on on FE Black I made quite a while ago was more entertaining for me than all the RallyX racing together

I like the rallycross door to door action !!!
If everybody has a little respect for the other drivers, races can be very good also !!!
People should learn to use brakes to avoid contact.
When you enter in a server with not many drivers, is OK, but when it's crowdy ... I've been in races where everybody was acting like mads!!! Impossible to make a lap (not a lap, two bends !!!) without beeing hitted !!! I quit for my nerves sake !!!
Rally with Uf1000 or the Xfg, is greaaaat fun
I like those close races, in those small cars. The bigger cars, I don`t like so much. (Rally offcourse )
Quote from AndroidXP :I'm not really a rallycross fan, I much much prefer actual point-to-point stage rally racing on small twisty roads (read: RBR). It would be better if we had some pure dirt tracks, the current ones don't really appeal to me.

RBR type rallies in LFS...

+50
Rallycrosses in American usually tend to be all one surface, (gravel, dirt, tarmac) I like the option (like instead of reversing the autocross parking lot, make it dirt or asphalt) then just put cones down, and thats what the kinda rally crosses in the USA I have attended are like.
I find the BL rx and FE rx far too long but the FE Green rx is awesome, a real blast in the slower cars. Rallycross should be high contact by circuit standards by the nature of the beast (that doesn't mean wrecking) so it's a shame that LFSs collision model sometimes has some fun on rallycross servers

EDIT - btw I love the challenge of mixed surfaces, sure it's a compromise on car setup and so on but it adds a whole new dimension.
Quote from Becky Rose :I enjoy rally, and have them all on the random track selection on the servers I op. I just watched the track change to rally actually, the first few laps where a bit iffy then after that I was really impressed at how clean it was and how much respect everyone gave each other, despite it being Fe Rally Green Rev. Then start of race 2 first corner pileup and everyone wanted a new track

FE RX Green is totally inappropriate for any field more than 12 IMO - BL2 is great IMO and FE Normall rallycross is interesting - shame about that bloody pedestrain hairpin.
We just need better rallycross tracks that looks like they actually could be from real life (look at Blacwood rallyx... that kind of rx track in real life, really?). And gravel rattling sound. And better collision detection. Then amount of rallyx servers would get ^10.
Quote from deggis :We just need better rallycross tracks that looks like they actually could be from real life (look at Blacwood rallyx... that kind of rx track in real life, really?). And gravel rattling sound. And better collision detection. Then amount of rallyx servers would get ^10.

Which is why I like FE Green, it looks like it could be a real rx track. Remember that IRL rx is only done with small girds.
For someone like me who hosts a server, some of you are really finicky! I have hosted many, MANY times a rallycross server with maybe 1-2 people show up.

Bah! Im just going to put up UF1000's on the oval from now on. Poo on all of you.

Rallycross - Underated?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG