The online racing simulator
LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
I've heard of Banshee! *jumps up and down excitedly*

No idea about the rest, or the 'Tag You're It' game (unless it's the same tag we've been playing since 2003).

But at least you seem nice and calm, and your sig is sensible. Good job
Quote from tristancliffe :

It's hard to find real professionals lately! You should be happy they let the people know they're pro's!

Quote from tristancliffe :I've heard of Banshee! *jumps up and down excitedly*

No idea about the rest, or the 'Tag You're It' game (unless it's the same tag we've been playing since 2003).

I don't doubt you don't know them. They are the few dedicated racers from over here across the pond where you only see 5 servers. Unlike the majority of the folks that are over there in the UK/Europe that frequent the forums and servers.

The Core guys are a great bunch, Tristan. If you ever get the chance to see them in the servers, take it. You've heard of Banshee because he's the main one running the F08 league here in America.
I play other games till theres some new test patchs and i got limted to do 2 hours on my pc only and i got home work ect so.
Quote from faster111 :I play other games till theres some new test patchs and i got limted to do 2 hours on my pc only and i got home work ect so.

What was your point again?
Back on tract
So funny too see everyone emotional. I think if u want to prove a point you should list hard facts though.

If you feel LFS has been giving content for the past year, you should list it instead of saying stuff like you won't be missed and all that.

what some of you have to understand is we all play LFS for different reasons; and we all would like to see LFs go in different ways.

I Dream of the day that LFS has a maximum of 10,000 people a day and there is a wide variety of combos used. I mean thats my main problem with LFS not enough playing(dead). and there must be a reason?

1.Why are there more Demo people playing than licensed?
2.Why are they 13,000 Members of the forum but only 800 playing online at a time
3.I often seen post that that LFS (s1+s2) sold 20k~30k where are those other 19k people

can someone answer those questions?
Why the need to troll? It's REALLY boring now.

Please stop it.
Quote from lalathegreat :1.Why are there more Demo people playing than licensed?
2.Why are they 13,000 Members of the forum but only 800 playing online at a time
3.I often seen post that that LFS (s1+s2) sold 20k~30k where are those other 19k people

1. Because people are cheapskates.
2. Everyone with an LFS account is automatically registered on the forum.
3. Say that around 33% of the community is still active (ie. people buy it and ditch it, others can't play at certain times of the year for whatever reason) in any given week. Say 60% of the community bought it for online play. that brings us down to ~6000 different people playing per week. Say you play a game 1-2 hours a week. That's about 1% of the time. That brings you down to an approximate 600 racers at any give time. You'll find my estimates aren't that far off because around the time of S2 being released the devs said something about 3000 unique racers online every week. That's probably doubled since.

Happy? Kthxbye.
Quote from axus :1. Because people are cheapskates.
2. Everyone with an LFS account is automatically registered on the forum.
3. Say that around 33% of the community is still active (ie. people buy it and ditch it, others can't play at certain times of the year for whatever reason) in any given week. Say 60% of the community bought it for online play. that brings us down to ~6000 different people playing per week. Say you play a game 1-2 hours a week. That's about 1% of the time. That brings you down to an approximate 600 racers at any give time. You'll find my estimates aren't that far off because around the time of S2 being released the devs said something about 3000 unique racers online every week. That's probably doubled since.

Happy? Kthxbye.

Valid answers.
now what do u think its gonna take to get Demo users to Move to FullGame. For me personally its gonna be more people playing or more variety in whats played( Irony)

Right Now There around 800 people playing thats a Great Number only 576 are on demo and 280 on Full. I see this a LFS major problem and should be one of the things that should be looked at. No ever says anything about this on the forums except for the one or 2 threads that pop up saying the demo should be limited.

Personalyl i think it shows that LFS is a great game but...it lacks that something that makes people say; damn i need this game.
And I have a feeling we can miss 60% of those demo players.
I mean, my experience on the demo servers wasn't too great, and I bought the license because I like the game. If you want to have a game that attracts people, you should go EA style, and that's not the point of LFS.

I just think LFS NEEDS a small community, because it is and always will be a game for a minority group. And the people that don't buy the license, don't know what they're missing out on, they don't really support the sim in any way, and the worst thing is: they have the nerve to complain about it.

And if the number of players on LFS full is the problem, buy the license and there is one person more playing...
Quote from lalathegreat :So funny too see everyone emotional. I think if u want to prove a point you should list hard facts though.

If you feel LFS has been giving content for the past year, you should list it instead of saying stuff like you won't be missed and all that.

what some of you have to understand is we all play LFS for different reasons; and we all would like to see LFs go in different ways.

I Dream of the day that LFS has a maximum of 10,000 people a day and there is a wide variety of combos used. I mean thats my main problem with LFS not enough playing(dead). and there must be a reason?

1.Why are there more Demo people playing than licensed?

The level of ignorance is amazing. If LFS is dead, than what about rFactor, NR2003 or GPL ? They are deader-than-dead, and what about netkarPro, the deathiest Sim ever?

If you start to get annoyed from LFS because of "only" 800 Players online at the same time, please go check for yourself another Simulation and than come back here and say how many drivers you met.

If you can stay a night awake and race NASCAR Racing 2003 you will see 400 players MAXIMUM even on the Weekends. That Game sold several hundred thousand times. And is still rated the best NASCAR Simulation in the US. And NASCAR has a huge Fanbase.

Thats half of the driver Pool that LFS has. On to GPL VROC and IGOR, your lucky if you see 100 people Racing online during any time.

You will find around 300 - 400 People racing rFactor Online, far behind LFS in Online Racing Popularity, even if you switch to GTR2 you will maybe find between 400 - 600 People online, and that is a Game that every Joe Average can buy at his local Game Store.

What else is there in the Sim Racing World? netKar Pro... you will have a hard time finding any People Racing Online outside of the GPC League.

Quote : 1.Why are there more Demo people playing than licensed?

erm... because its for free? And what does that has to do with anything?

Quote : 2.Why are they 13,000 Members of the forum but only 800 playing online at a time

What are you tryieng to suggest with these numbers? That there should be alot more people Online? As you try to find a answer to this question please also try to discover why there has been 50.000 copies of GPL been sold, but there has never been more than 200 drivers online at the same time? Thats just how it is

Are you tryieng to imply with that question, that LFS is not popular?

Do you think 800 Players online every day is a to low number for a Racing Simulation? Please, you must have played LFS to much if you think that. Start up another Sim and go Online, you will see that the Racing Simulation Genre is a very small one, and that 800 Players Online every night is a huge Number for this Genre.

Quote : 3.I often seen post that that LFS (s1+s2) sold 20k~30k where are those other 19k people

Perhaps playing something else for a change? If you would have played something else you would have known how much 800 Players online is for a Racing Simulation.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I mean, my experience on the demo servers wasn't too great, and I bought the license because I like the game. If you want to have a game that attracts people, you should go EA style, and that's not the point of LFS.

I just think LFS NEEDS a small community, because it is and always will be a game for a minority group. And the people that don't buy the license, don't know what they're missing out on, they don't really support the sim in any way, and the worst thing is: they have the nerve to complain about it.

And if the number of players on LFS full is the problem, buy the license and there is one person more playing...

mmm interesting, i particulaly don't understand why you want a small community. i don't see the benefits. I rather be able to have a wide selection of races to choose from. i would imagine if it got big (community)there would be smaller communites inside LFS.IE Drag, Drifters,Forumula,street cars,GTR...
Quote from George Kuyumji :The level of ignorance is amazing. If LFS is dead, than what about rFactor, NR2003 or GPL ? They are deader-than-dead, and what about netkarPro, the deathiest Sim ever?

If you start to get annoyed from LFS because of "only" 800 Players online at the same time, please go check for yourself another Simulation and than come back here and say how many drivers you met.

I see your from Britain, if you can stay a night awake and race NASCAR Racing 2003 you will see 400 players MAXIMUM even on the Weekends. That Game sold several hundred thousand times. And is still rated the best NASCAR Simulation in the US. And NASCAR has a huge Fanbase.

Thats half of the driver Pool that LFS has. On to GPL VROC and IGOR, your lucky if you see 100 people Racing online during any time.

You will find around 300 - 400 People racing rFactor Online, far behind LFS in Online Racing Popularity, even if you switch to GTR2 you will maybe find between 400 - 600 People online, and that is a Game that every Joe Average can buy at his local Game Store.

What else is there in the Sim Racing World? netKar Pro... you will have a hard time finding any People Racing Online outside of the GPC League.

erm... because its for free? And what does that has to do with anything?

What are you tryieng to suggest with these numbers? That there should be alot more people Online? As you try to find a answer to this question please also try to discover why there has been 50.000 copies of GPL been sold, but there has never been more than 200 drivers online at the same time? Thats just how it is

What are you tryieng to imply with that question, that LFS is not popular?

Do you think 800 Players online every day is a to low number for a Racing Simulation? Please, you must have played LFS to much if you think that. Start up another Sim and go Online, you will see that the Racing Simulation Genre is a very small one, and that 800 Players Online every night is a huge Number for this Genre.

Perhaps playing something else for a change? If you would have played something else you would have known how much 800 Players online is for a Racing Simulation.

I am actually in NewYork Usa. 800 people is alot and i would be happy if of that 800, 500 were not on the demo
I mean that it doesn't have a very wide public. Most people that like to play "games", want to have stuff like you see in NFS. You can see the proof of that in a lot of threads.

I like a small community, where everyone knows eachother and you can race friends. It's personal taste really, and although it's a cliché that guys like racing, I came to realise it's actually really hard to find young men that like racing in general, and then I'm not even talking about racing online, with realistic physics. The guys I tell I like racing, instantly tell me: I like racing too, what cars do you have in NFS? That's not the type of people I really want and need online to race against.

I hope you understand my point here, it's hard to explain.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I mean that it doesn't have a very wide public. Most people that like to play "games", want to have stuff like you see in NFS. You can see the proof of that in a lot of threads.

I like a small community, where everyone knows eachother and you can race friends. It's personal taste really, and although it's a cliché that guys like racing, I came to realise it's actually really hard to find young men that like racing in general, and then I'm not even talking about racing online, with realistic physics. The guys I tell I like racing, instantly tell me: I like racing too, what cars do you have in NFS? That's not the type of people I really want and need online to race against.

I hope you understand my point here, it's hard to explain.

Kinda opposite from me, i kinda like to race against different people and see different styles. I mean sure i like to race against my friends and there periods where thats all i rather do. but randomly connecting to a server and racing and see different styles & techniques i just can't do with out.

But on a different Note. Can the developers survive on such a small community?
Quote from lalathegreat :But on a different Note. Can the developers survive on such a small community?

Depends on social security
That's up to the developers. It's a business decision. If the devs wanted a larger userbase, there are mainstream methods and means to explore, to achieve it. If/when they choose that route, you'll be able to say "oh, the devs decided to get a larger userbase".

You're a demo user, lala. For all intents and purposes, you're an outsider looking in. I say that because you've made no investment in the product at all, and as far as I can tell, contributed nothing but a whole load of trolling and neysaying.. at least in as long as I can remember.

You're not forced to purchase the product, but I just feel you need to know that I, as a member of the community, am having a REALLY hard time regarding you as a credible point-carrier.

In my years in many aspects of business, there has been a small collection of people - non-customers - I remember very well, whose money I wouldn't ever have taken - just simply because it wouldn't have been worth the crap I'd have got, if I'd accepted them as customers. You remind me of that collection of people in so many ways. Some people you just don't want to be close to, because of the miserable inherent raincloud that comes with them.
Dead! No way :)
LFS is great, best online racing game for sure!
Of course i'm fully licensed ... but im an periodical LFS-oholic player, meaning when i play, i play heavily, then i'm away for a long period!
So i think its not bad having nearly 1000 online players tonite, since i think most of the licensed players are like me!
Next period will be during this Christmas.NewYear-holliday!

See U online then guys
Quote from SamH :That's up to the developers. It's a business decision. If the devs wanted a larger userbase, there are mainstream methods and means to explore, to achieve it. If/when they choose that route, you'll be able to say "oh, the devs decided to get a larger userbase".

You're a demo user, lala. For all intents and purposes, you're an outsider looking in. I say that because you've made no investment in the product at all, and as far as I can tell, contributed nothing but a whole load of trolling and neysaying.. at least in as long as I can remember.

You're not forced to purchase the product, but I just feel you need to know that I, as a member of the community, am having a REALLY hard time regarding you as a credible point-carrier.

In my years in many aspects of business, there has been a small collection of people - non-customers - I remember very well, whose money I wouldn't ever have taken - just simply because it wouldn't have been worth the crap I'd have got, if I'd accepted them as customers. You remind me of that collection of people in so many ways. Some people you just don't want to be close to, because of the miserable inherent raincloud that comes with them.

I don't feel i ever trolled on here before, ive been reading these forums long before my join data, and never felt like a part of the community. being an outsider iam still a potencial customer so to speak, and have only suggested what I felt was wrong with LFS From my point of view. Now please don't say. "well your have no idea about LFS because your an "outsider" " ive been reading these forums for over a year now and from my outside point of view certain aspects don't look good.
If your Fine with the way LFS is now and how it progresses, then i guess we can't see eye to eye on certain things.
I like LFS just as much as the next guy, but they are certain things that i feel would stop me from enjoying the game. I don't see why i can't bring my potencial $24 opinion here.
I'm bad in poetry, but who cares.. I'm happy atm :P
LFS is dead

can anybody out there
here me
can anybody out there
feel me
can you here me
cause I don't seem to hear myself
cause I don't seem to feel myself
can anybody out there see me
cause I keep losing my way
ye ye
I keep losing my way
It's so busy in South City anyway
I keep losing my way
What I got to say

Come this way
I'll show you Live for Speed
Hide that weed
That
Is something you don't need
Live for Speed
Is what you need

Don't need it ?
Wait... go stand there
Ye right there in the corner

*all point and laugh now*
:drink:

LFS isn't dead and it will never die.
Love LFS!
Love this community!
That's nice Gianni

And lala, you'll never understand what it's like if you are demo. Only S2 licensed people know what's special about it, because you have to feel it. Sound very lame, but it's true. If you don't feel connected to the game from the moment you start, you'll never will be.
Quote from lalathegreat : I don't see why i can't bring my potencial $24 opinion here.

The perpetual "I might buy [insert product] one day..." is familiar to me. I understand that you say it.. but it's the life-experienced cynic in me that looks at all the other stuff that you say.. stuff like...
Quote from lalathegreat :I like LFS just as much as the next guy, but they are certain things that i feel would stop me from enjoying the game. If your Fine with the way LFS is now and how it progresses, then i guess we can't see eye to eye on certain things.

and concludes "No, I really don't think you will".

So.. the reason I don't think you'll buy LFS is because everything you say, says that you won't buy LFS

[edit] and MOST importantly, I re-quote...
Quote from lalathegreat :If your Fine with the way LFS is now and how it progresses, then i guess we can't see eye to eye on certain things.

THIS is exactly WHY you won't buy LFS. LFS is developed in the way that it is developed, and progresses at the rate that it progresses. Because this is clearly incompatible with your potential £24, you simply won't spend it. Seriously.
This thread is closed

LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG