The online racing simulator
LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
If thats what you think, then fine

Shame i think your wrong, and i think most will agree
Quote from theycallmeebryan :I must agree. Live for speed has been very dead. Honestly, i havent played in about a month because it just became repetitive.

I really hope they are working their ass off to push out the new patch before the holidays. I hope thats the explanation for this flat spot in development. Otherwise, i will have to lose faith in the devs at this point.

i really hope so too. you know, i've always been a fan, but as new stuff comes out, you want your games to move with it.

the dev's were hungry in the past, they had an idea, and they made it. they moved on, got a family, and they just ain't that hungry like they were when there was no real money. it happens to everyone and everything, no matter what it is. I'm just glad that I could enjoy the game during its peak time, but as time progresses, so does next generations.

My sponsors agree with me with our movement. If the sponsors say so, we say so.
600 people per night playing it can't be wrong, if you want something else, go for it, heck I enjoy playing other sims too, but I always end up coming back to LFS because its so good at what it does.

Facts.

1) LFS has the most content it has ever had, if fact, apart from rF and it's load of unfinished user made content, I would say LFS has the most content of ANY race sim

2) Nearly 600 people play it regularly, try saying that about any of the other sims

3) If you don't like it, go play something else, no one is going to try and stop you, but quite why you feel the need to tell everyone about it is beyond me

4) LFS has the best netcode BAR NONE

5) LFS has the best physics BAR NONE

6) LFS has the lowest system requirements of any sim BAR NONE
Quote from VipeNess :My sponsors agree with me with our movement. If the sponsors say so, we say so.

so basicly, if someone tells you not to play a game, you wont, but then have the gall to go on the forum and complain?
ok, bye bye then
Quote from noemfie :LFS is for sim racers , true sim racers don't care about graphics and models (or at least it's not THE major factor) , so go and enjoy test drive unlimited man , hopefully see you back for S3

if you haven't played the pc version, you should try it out. no pun entended.
Quote from danowat :
2) Nearly 600 people play it regularly, try saying that about any of the other sims

more demo'rs than anything else; the real game is buying it, and there just aren't enough to run around with; besides regulars.
Scawen is "sitting on his arse" and programming 10 hours a day (not because he has to do it for you but because he wants to do it). You bitch about sound but if you paid attention you'd see that sound updates are around the corner. Eric's work only comes in incompatible patches. LFS is not dead or there wouldn't be 1000 people playing it online every other night.

Secondly, the developers don't owe you anything. You've driven some 5000km - at an average of say 170km/h, that's some 30 hours of LFS. £24 is about 3 nights out's money. That's more than 3 nights out worth of time that you've spent with it, so you should consider it money well spent.

Basically, a bunch of "Hell Knights" guys went emo and decided to start another bullshit thread. I hope they learn and not start another annoying thread after deciding they've had enough of Test Drive Unlimited. Now someone PLEASE, close this one on time.
Quote from Jakg :so basicly, if someone tells you not to play a game, you wont, but then have the gall to go on the forum and complain?

you make it seem like a complaint. but it really isn't.
Quote from axus :paid attention

we did paid, just like you did. we forked out money out of our pockets, and it's still where it is at. you ain't got to be mad at us for voice an opinion, no flaming here. just stating the complete ovious. and also, closing a thread for voicing opinion isn't community related. sounds like you are trying to be a judge and to shut up indivuals that want to voice their opinions on something; kinda sounds like a government.
Why dont you just...

please...
Quote from VipeNess :you make it seem like a complaint. but it really isn't.

no, because bitching about the "lazy devs" isn't complaining?
Quote from Jakg :no, because bitching about the "lazy devs" isn't complaining?

i'm not as you quoted above, " Bitching" about lazy devs. I'm just stating my opinion and you are trying, and tried a flame war. the subject was that we simply wanted to comment on a subject, since this is the General LFS Discussion page, and just wanted to voice our opinions. You are taking it in a way wrong direction.
Quote from obsolete_power :LFS is gone, it's as lifeless as a Dodo and it has been for a long time now! Content and depth are at an all-time LOW and besides the online "experience" this game hardly has anything else. I have moved on to much better and games with much more depth than LFS. I do not care, nor do I accept the fact that there are only 3 developers. They cannot keep up with the demand so they should get more people to work on it. This game has been released for 4 years now and we are still in the alpha stage of the second "major" release. Oh yeah and the nonesense about the developers having "lives" and families....no one gives a turd! They have started something, they have asked for money, so now it is time that we ask something of them! This is their job and I DO NOT CARE what lives they WANT to have. Their job is to sit on their asses and program! It isn't like this is a side project or something!! They get almost 100% of the profits and they should be satisfied by that! This game started out as something truly great and cutting edge but that was like back in 2003 - 2004, they haven't kept up with the rest of the world! LFS still has mediocre graphics and sound, and although the physics are pretty good, I have played games that have much better modeling...I am truly sorry but you have officially lost me as a customer and I do not see myself returning until they get their acts together and release something fresh!!! The right and smart thing to do would be to release something MAJOR before Christmas this year or they will really pay the price. With all this being said, it is a damn shame that it had to come to this!!

Hello, it seems you're an idiot/are not living in reality. Let me explain to you how things work for the non-idiotic/those of us in reality.

1) You don't pay for updates. You paid to unlock the full version, not get continual updates. Welcome to the world of playing in-progress games, be thankful there isn't a monthly charge.

2) LFS didn't lose you as a customer. You bought the game and are forever a customer. It's not like you continually pay to use it. If anything, they save money because you're not using up bandwith. One less person buying the next version won't make an impact on LFS.

3) You say you want something, but don't say what. Would you want the developers to read your mind and magically give you what you want? "something MAJOR" is far from specific.

4) The graphics don't make the game, maybe you should just go race IRL if you're so worried about great graphics.

5) Nobody cares about you. You don't make a difference. You won't be missed. Deal.
As far as I can see, it's simple, you have voiced your opinion, your opinion is not going to have ANY effect on the development of LFS, you opinion is going to have LITTLE effect of anyone else who uses LFS.

I VERY MUCH doubt we will see a patch in the near future, at least a patch with any new content, so you might aswell go and play something else.

You have made your point, just leave it at that, bye bye
Quote from VipeNess :we did paid, just like you did. we forked out money out of our pockets, and it's still where it is at. you ain't got to be mad at us for voice an opinion, no flaming here. just stating the complete ovious.

That's shocking language if you're a native english speaker.
Now please read my whole post a bit more carefully and then do what bo-kristiansen said. You paid, you played (and there by got your money's worth). If you don't like it, go away. If you do, be patient.
Quote from obsolete_power :LFS is gone, it's as lifeless as a Dodo and it has been for a long time now! Content and depth are at an all-time LOW and besides the online "experience" this game hardly has anything else. I have moved on to much better and games with much more depth than LFS. I do not care, nor do I accept the fact that there are only 3 developers. They cannot keep up with the demand so they should get more people to work on it. This game has been released for 4 years now and we are still in the alpha stage of the second "major" release. Oh yeah and the nonesense about the developers having "lives" and families....no one gives a turd! They have started something, they have asked for money, so now it is time that we ask something of them! This is their job and I DO NOT CARE what lives they WANT to have. Their job is to sit on their asses and program! It isn't like this is a side project or something!! They get almost 100% of the profits and they should be satisfied by that! This game started out as something truly great and cutting edge but that was like back in 2003 - 2004, they haven't kept up with the rest of the world! LFS still has mediocre graphics and sound, and although the physics are pretty good, I have played games that have much better modeling...I am truly sorry but you have officially lost me as a customer and I do not see myself returning until they get their acts together and release something fresh!!! The right and smart thing to do would be to release something MAJOR before Christmas this year or they will really pay the price. With all this being said, it is a damn shame that it had to come to this!!

*yawn*

say what?

oh...

bye bye then.
Quote from VipeNess :we did paid, just like you did. we forked out money out of our pockets, and it's still where it is at. you ain't got to be mad at us for voice an opinion, no flaming here. just stating the complete ovious. and also, closing a thread for voicing opinion isn't community related. sounds like you are trying to be a judge and to shut up indivuals that want to voice their opinions on something; kinda sounds like a government.

How much did you in fact pay and how much do you in fact expect? I mean, with that S2 costs you can't really say that you haven't got enough LFS. Look it by €/hour or car/€ and you have very little to complain. Yes, the updates in last 12 months have been "minimal" in one way, but imho the latest physics patch was worth many tracks and cars. For me it gave life to some cars that I haven't driven at all since I bought LFS. RAC, LX6 primarily. And now I'm finding more fun driving the XRT, even tried the FZ50 last night and I can't say that I hate it anymore (as much as I used to ).

You are saying the complete opposite and I just don't get it

---
EDIT: still no reason for the name calling etc...
Not directed to Vipeness
Hence proof why I moved on from the HK team also. I swear that for a while that all we played was FSX!!. AFAIK Flight Sim is != Car Racing Simulator.
Quote from axus :
Basically, a bunch of "Hell Knights" guys went emo and decided to start another bullshit thread. I hope they learn and not start another annoying thread after deciding they've had enough of Test Drive Unlimited. Now someone PLEASE, close this one on time.

You know, who the f made you the moderator, one, and second, did your parents teach you that if someone else's opinion is different than yours then that person should shut up over you? Truly, no one asked you to post anything. Last time I checked this is a public forum for discussion. Now don't tell me that only the things that are positive and make LFS sound like the next big breakthrough in online sim racing should be shown and the ones that don't do that should be extirpated...LFS does have some positives I have to agree with that but I have been saying that since 2002 and I am freaking tired of saying the same things because barely anything new comes out for LFS. I am a person that likes new ventures and I am not a person that is given one thing and can keep it for 10 years without getting bored of it. Last major update was April 2005 for S2 ALPHA! Since then we got a new car and some minor updates to code and settings. It has been almost 2 years since then. We have been racing online with the same damn cars, on the same damn tracks. It has been fun at the beginning but we ALL need new content. It hasn't happened for a long time! The beauty of virtual racing is the possibility to create the real experience plus more than you cannot in real life. LFS just ends at the real life experience. Until they show me the true potential of it, I will stand by what I said. Sounds and graphics are what make the real life experience. Yes LFS has great physics but I need more than that to truly feel like I am part of the real racing experience.
You are commenting on Test Drive Unlimited, well wait until it is officially released and you will see the 1600 miles of drivable roads and the exquisite graphics + sounds, the way the game is built and the content. I cannot say too much because of Atari's NDA but you haven't seend nothing yet!
obsolete_power, a thing of the past??
Bye.
So..in the first post it talks about them having lifes and they should stop them just to work on a game... kinda selfish dont you think.. YOU want them to give up THEIR lifes just so you can play a completed game. And you also say that you dont give a 'turd' about their lifes and families, IIRC Scawen has a child, but you want him to give that all up so he can complete the game... And what did you expect when you payed for the game.. for it to be completed in a couple of months?

Also your comparing a game made by a company, with a game programed by 1..And where else do you see the developers actually talking to the game players and asking them about it, taking their points of view and putting most of them into the game..

*Rant over* (i hope)
No one cares that you have got sick of lfs and that you are going to move to a other games but just tell something have you payed for a game and played it for 3/4 years like you have with lfs so i think you have got your £24 worth of lfs
Quote from obsolete_power :You know, who the f made you the moderator, one, and second, did your parents teach you that if someone else's opinion is different than yours then that person should shut up over you? Truly, no one asked you to post anything. Last time I checked this is a public forum for discussion. Now don't tell me that only the things that are positive and make LFS sound like the next big breakthrough in online sim racing should be shown and the ones that don't do that should be extirpated...LFS does have some positives I have to agree with that but I have been saying that since 2002 and I am freaking tired of saying the same things because barely anything new comes out for LFS. I am a person that likes new ventures and I am not a person that is given one thing and can keep it for 10 years without getting bored of it. Last major update was April 2005 for S2 ALPHA! Since then we got a new car and some minor updates to code and settings. It has been almost 2 years since then. We have been racing online with the same damn cars, on the same damn tracks. It has been fun at the beginning but we ALL need new content. It hasn't happened for a long time! The beauty of virtual racing is the possibility to create the real experience plus more than you cannot in real life. LFS just ends at the real life experience. Until they show me the true potential of it, I will stand by what I said. Sounds and graphics are what make the real life experience. Yes LFS has great physics but I need more than that to truly feel like I am part of the real racing experience.
You are commenting on Test Drive Unlimited, well wait until it is officially released and you will see the 1600 miles of drivable roads and the exquisite graphics + sounds, the way the game is built and the content. I cannot say too much because of Atari's NDA but you haven't seend nothing yet!

ROFL.

I'm a moderator now? Cool.

The last big update was S2 Alpha? Please. What about April - that was MAJOR. Why do you need to tell people that you're tired of LFS? If you see something better, go knock yourself out. But of the love of god, don't start another one of these stupid, boring theads. There's been enough of them lately.
merged two threads that were the same topic.
This thread is closed

LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG