The online racing simulator
A Few Replay Mode Tweeks
(2 posts, started )
A Few Replay Mode Tweeks
I know that these features would make no odds to most users, but they would greatly help me produce the STCC race videos.

I would be very grateful if a timecode 'queue' dot (or just a message onscreen when BLUE FLAG appears) could be implemented for replays, perhaps via the .ini file.

Currently I struggle to get all cameras into position for STCC footage and keep the cameras in time code - because I am using the moment when the game world becomes visible (after the metal/grey screen) to timesync each camera footage.

If I could put the cameras in position whilst paused and then have a queue dot onscreen I could time sync to the queue dot.

lfs.ini
queue=1 //starts replay paused and puts a dot in corner when the replay is unpaused.

It would also help me greatly if I could position cameras outside of the width confines of normal use. I appreciate that this may 'break' the camera occlusion from many positions, but where I can find good camera positions this could greatly enhance the footage.

lfs.ini
replayCameraCollision=0
or
replayCameraAreaWidthDouble=1

Thank you for your consideration.
One of my biggest pet peeves is how the camera movement it closely tied to the car movement. It's more visible as the cars speed up. If you ever tried those mod utilities which made crazy hp monster cars, the replay speed seemed to speed up even when in normal mode as the movement was so "sharp".

I'd like to see inertia added to the camera and also so that it follows the aproximate car placement (i.e. a large box, so that small position changes don't reflect instantly on the viewpoint). I think GPL/NR2003 is still unbeaten in the replay quality department. You can slow the cars to a snail pace and still the replay stays smooth, can't do the same with LFS as 0.125x speed becomes a slideshow.

A Few Replay Mode Tweeks
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG