The online racing simulator
is lfs going nowhere?
(14 posts, closed, started )
is lfs going nowhere?
im starting to ask myself this after following this game for almost a year now, its just the same old same old, no improvments or new tracks for ages just variations
still only 1 person can connect at a time, no asymetrical tuning of suspension, really the F1 car is quite a rush job, a real F1 you would adjust anything from the cabin
graphics are still dx7 typre comparable to GP4
feel fre to flame me agree with me whatever I dont think ill be buying the next installment, unless I start hearing whats next in the big improvment, problem is I will just get a msg just from the developer like its ready when its ready type attitiude, as i have tested and helped develop mods before
lets see what this post brings
Good grief, why do people think LFS is just falling apart all of a sudden in December???

Recent thread on this:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=16467

Stay up to date my friend, there's a whole lot you don't know until you read what the developers say
Why bash the devs?

ou are currently playing a game that is getting better and better all the time, it has the best physics available, and has raw gfx (none of this flashy crap), it means hiigher framrates and greater playability

You moan that it's going nowhere, then you moan that something looks rushed... you either want something done right or you want it right now, which is it?

LFS will always be a long road, and it will remain the best driving game available!
I agree, with only 30 test patches since the April update, this sim is surely close to clinical death. Looks like I have to go back to netKar Pro to bathe in the steady stream of its updates.
LFS is good for one thing, pure streamlined online racing, it has plenty enough variety, heck half of the combos aren't ever used online.

Sure, more additions would be nice, but even as it is its the best online racing sim there is.

What do you expect your post to bring?, a flame fest?, I just don't understand what these types of post are trying to do, if it's speed up production or add new features quicker, no dice, this sim has been produced this way for YEARS, and it ain't gonna change just because a few people get cold feet.
#6 - joen
It's already public knowledge what the devs plan to in the next installment, do a search on the forum.
What do you expect really? LFS is not an EA game with almost unlimited resources, the development takes time if you're doing this with just three people. And before you say they should get more people on board, that's simply not the way they want to make this sim. That has also been public knowledge. When you bought this sim you knew (or should have known at least) that you we're buying a sim that is in constant development, therefore not done.
There's just a completely different philosophy behind LFS as opposed to games from the big guys.
And for me personally, that's just the way I prefer it to be. If that's not they way you like it that's fine ofcourse. But I think we have seen plenty of these "where's the progress" threads.
What could the devs possibly say besides "It's done when it's done"? It's a perfectly logical response. The reason they chose this way of working is to deliver their best work, and not be chained to deadlines.

I would say you should inform yourself better about what's going on.
This post will bring exactly the same as all the other whiners complaining that there's no obvious development going on.

And I have to add:
Remember it's just 3 guys! They do everything from watching the forums for suggestions to the actual time-consuming physics programming.

If you've helped test and develop mods before you'll know how long it can take to make sure your newest line of code doesn't screw up some fundamental part of the complete program. You'll understand that they don't want to release too many incompatible patches so they don't mess up everyone's records.

If you don't have the patience to wait for the next big patch, you would be much better ignoring LFS entirely until it is actually finished.

[Edit: Woo, post 400! ]
#8 - Renku
WTF . ban the next dude, that makes similar thread!
#9 - JCTK
to put it simply, this is not Microsoft, who rush out things to please people who loves new things, but most of which simply doesn't work~!

I don't mind the slow updates, it is still only a few months since the last update (ok, perhaps getting close to 10 months, I can't be bothered doing the counting), do people doesn't have any patience these days~?
I guess im just after more in LFS, I mean in the patch section i have U30 installed, little or no differences except for like
changed the speedo, I just really believe the wrong things are being fixed,
I mean the collisions are totally screwed yet we get a new speedo
#11 - JCTK
well, obviously changing a speedo is always easier to change any physic stuff...
and without that minor speedo update, there will be more people like you who'd complain that there havn't been any update...
#12 - Gunn
Quote from seinfeld :I guess im just after more in LFS, I mean in the patch section i have U30 installed, little or no differences except for like
changed the speedo, I just really believe the wrong things are being fixed,
I mean the collisions are totally screwed yet we get a new speedo

Please, not all this again!
#14 - SamH
I agree.. negative attention seekers should only seek negative attention in one thread at a time. This thread's completely surplus to requirement, adds nothing of value, and quite honestly I don't wanna have to look at it.

The other, concurrent thread that the OP has said the same things in, is much more fun. This one's going byebyes
This thread is closed

is lfs going nowhere?
(14 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG