The online racing simulator
#1 - kalle
Season 2 discussion
Now you have a chance to improve the UXRL series. What things should be changed for season 2? Format or rule changes? Races every fortnight or every week like season 1 had? Especially what tracks you would like to see? We are listening

Also if someone is intrested/willing to write stuff (nothing much) and is somewhat good in english can pm me

Season 2 will start earliest at February 2007 so there's time to make suggestions and changes.
I would have it an hour later. Only one division. with a reserves list of about 10. If people dont turn up and dont tell you before-hand kick them out (unless they have a valid excuse of course).
i'd quite like to have 3 shorter races rather than 2 long ones.
just my thoughts.
I want NOS in my UFR

ah.. dunno what to suggest.. ..maybe longer races.

oh yes... another qualifying system than hotlapping
#4 - d6nn
#5 - Davo
Hour later would probalby suit me better also, maybe only 30miniutes to allow for longer qual.

Race every two weeks so that we can have time to do some other leagues as well with plenty of practice time = better racing by all.

Some shorter tracks like FE Club, SO Classic mixed in with the long ones, two 20-25min races is fine by me.

Longer qual, perhaps 20-25 minutes to get some clean laps in.

I was confused by the 2nd races, I'd rather they just be normal reverse grid than a mix.

One long feature race in the season, e.g 3 hour with a driver swap, minimum 2 drivers atleast 1 hour each.

If you don't show for the first race of the Season a reserve takes your place from the start.

Perhaps having more than 2 divisions and sorting them by hotlap each round with a revised points system.
For me the start time is perfect as it was this season. I also liked the format (10 min. q and 2 short races) very much, in fact I wouldn't want to change anything about the format!! Season length was perfect and the track choice was too... (please don't pick insanely long tracks for next season! ) I also liked the top10 reversed grid, which made for some very good races.

Also, I like the idea of doing only one division, although I'm afraid that might cost me my spot in this league... it's easier for adminning and easier to run the backup drivers system...

So not much to comment, I've enjoyed first season, keep it up
Quote from Davo :One long feature race in the season, e.g 3 hour with a driver swap, minimum 2 drivers atleast 1 hour each.

i REALLY hope this doesn't happen! Why do people always suggest leagues to have long endurance races?
I much prefere shorter sprint races, maybe even 3 races a night. It's so boring driving around on your own for 40mins+ when your not battling with anyone.
+1 for shorter (or same as they were) races
Time is fine, race length is fine.

I would say still have 2 divisions, as I doubt I would get into division 1 LOL.

Only thing I would change is 1 race per fortnight
Quote from Davo :One long feature race in the season, e.g 3 hour with a driver swap, minimum 2 drivers atleast 1 hour each.

A definite -1 for that from me too!
#10 - Davo
I don't understand why you hotlappers don't like endurance races and want short demo style 5 laps races :P

Anyway they're only my suggestions, the oprganisers choose what they like so don't like em suggest something else instead of bashing my ideas. Thanks.
Ironic ain't it, you are doing as much bashing as anyone

We aren't "hotlappers", the races we did this season were, IMO, long enough, endurance races have their place, but me personally, I don't have the time to dedicate to a 3 hour race, therefore I propose that we continue with the current race length for any further seasons.
Quote from Davo :I don't understand why you hotlappers don't like endurance races and want short demo style 5 laps races :P

Quote from nikimere :It's so boring driving around on your own for 40mins+ when your not battling with anyone.

Short said:

- No long races, rather 2 short ones

- What I've heared of season 1 people satisfies me so I won't change anything to the concept, seems fair and working

- Make sure there is at least 1 keyboard friendly combo in it

- Two divisions, I know you want perhaps the best racing only and so on, but I think the 2nd div for the less faster ones is just a perfect match!

- Keep the same hour please, it's perfect!
Sure all those that we have participated in this league believe that it has been funny, then it is not necessary to change the race format, day an hour. To be the first session of a league I believe that it has worked very well (usually in most of the first sessions of a league there are a lot of absences and very few pilots finish it).
Sure if we all comment to other pilots of the existence of this league, in the next season we will be more pilots than two divisions. Well, this are my suggestions:

- D1 and D2 pilots are already established, so hotlaping qual only to the pilots who want to join the next season

- If a pilot is absent for 2 or more races without saying it here in the forum, it will be relegated to the last division the following season

- Race a week or every two weeks? well, maybe we can make a poll (A. 1 week / B. 2 weeks / C. I don't care it).

- More reversed tracks (its my opinion)

- Kalle, to select new tracks assign a number to each track of lfs, close your eyes and type your numeric keyboard
there is a random track generator script floating about somewhere. what about completely randoms combos? they are chosen 30mins b4 the start of quali.... would make things interesting and would also stop people testing ALOT. might make things a little more even... just an idea
Quote from nikimere :there is a random track generator script floating about somewhere. what about completely randoms combos? they are chosen 30mins b4 the start of quali.... would make things interesting and would also stop people testing ALOT. might make things a little more even... just an idea

I quite like that idea
Quote from danowat :I quite like that idea

To be honest I don't really like that idea, at least not for a league.
In my opinion one of the most important and fun parts of league racing is to spend time:
- finding a good setup
- calculating a good strategy
- practising to get a good race pace and / or fast qualifying laptime

If you don't have time for that (which often happens to myself too) you should either not join a league, or face the consequences and be happy with a lower classification, being pwned by the guys that did put effort in their preparations!

That's just my opinion though
#18 - Davo
Quote from traxxion :To be honest I don't really like that idea, at least not for a league.
In my opinion one of the most important and fun parts of league racing is to spend time:
- finding a good setup

If you don't have time for that (which often happens to myself too) you should either not join a league, or face the consequences and be happy with a lower classification, being pwned by the guys that did put effort in their preparations!

Those are exactly all the reasons why a longer race is more fun Preparation.

I understand that every race shouldnt take an hour, but one race in the season would be fun as. Same as having 3 or 4 really short races to mix things up would be cool as well.

I like the random generator idea, but it should be used to determine the tracks that are raced before the season starts and maybe some tracks should be totally left out because they don't suit the league. Although I really enjoyed the track selection this season.
Quote from traxxion :To be honest I don't really like that idea, at least not for a league.
- finding a good setup

but would you not prefere a league that is "all equal" rather than a "he who tests more shall be quicker"?
there are people who can afford to go on every night and play for a couple of hours, and thats great for them, but i just think i would be better if it were random.
i think then you would see who the real drivers are
its just a solution to make a more level playing field
Quote from Davo :Those are exactly all the reasons why a longer race is more fun Preparation.

Sorry, that I don't understand? You need preparation for short races as well? Only the race-strategy part is missing in shorter races...

Quote from nikimere :but would you not prefere a league that is "all equal" rather than a "he who tests more shall be quicker"?

That's exactly where we disagree Like I said, I prefer the opposite, I'd rather see well prepared racers on a thursday night. Think that adds to the professionalism of a racing league and results in a higher level of races.

Quote from nikimere :i think then you would see who the real drivers are
its just a solution to make a more level playing field

I don't think you can just take that as being a solution for levelling. Maybe all the "less gods" practised their ass off during last season and therefore made the field pretty much levelled, which would mean that in the system you're proposing, those drivers that wouldn't have a chance at all!
Quote from nikimere :what about completely randoms combos? they are chosen 30mins b4 the start of quali.... would make things interesting and would also stop people testing ALOT. might make things a little more even... just an idea

I do need practice before going to a race to set up controls, chose a setup for tyres (specially with the XFR), ect... I don't think I'll be the only one.
Endurance races: YES one of them in the season would be great. I sugest we do that for single racers only though, since this isn't a team event. 1,5 hour would be perfect.
Random races: Actually I did such a race yesterday with FLP/m. What combo did the script generate? Rallyx at Blackwood and LX6 .... brrrr ... of course the car I can't handle even on tarmac and the rally that I practise the least ... ... but ok to me if we do this in ONE race, since we at least run the same car in all the races. ( I hope )

Otherwise I liked most of the tracks this season, I don't really have any special hate tracks. But please don't make them shorter.

Since I'm a slowpoke I hope for two divisions next seasons as well ... ... I hope we don't have to make the hotlapping again though.
I'd like a race every two weeks too. This season was extremely hectic for me. Thursday UXRL, saturday LXCC. Every week.

EDIT: One endu event could work, but 45 minutes, max 1 hour. 1,5 hours is very long.

EDIT2: would anyone be interested in a simmilar XRR and FXR league? Maybe even the same track as the UXRL, same time, single 45 minute race?
Quote from traxxion :Maybe all the "less gods" practised their ass off during last season and therefore made the field pretty much levelled, which would mean that in the system you're proposing, those drivers that wouldn't have a chance at all!

very true, u got me there

Quote from Primoz :would anyone be interested in a simmilar XRR and FXR league? Maybe even the same track as the UXRL, same time, single 45 minute race?

yes, but not for me if it is a 45min race.
Originally Posted by Primoz
would anyone be interested in a simmilar XRR and FXR league? Maybe even the same track as the UXRL, same time, single 45 minute race?

Yes, if it are 20-30 min races.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG