The online racing simulator
Mapping team speak
(9 posts, started )
Mapping team speak
On teamspeak i use push to talk, as crappy mic i got is . . . well crap. I set the push to talk button to the " ' " key and then in my the logitech profiler set the triangle button (on dfp) to the " ' " thinking that when in LFS i could simply press triangle to talk and not reach down to my keyboard. Problem though (i assume this problem is right) the key press isnt recognised in LFS so i get that beeping bell noise thing as im holding the button down. This causing my mic to only be picked up half the time, so i keep cutting in and out.

So my question is - how, if any way, can i put the push to talk button mapped onto my wheel?

Ive searched but didnt find anything.
Thanks
That's how I've done it on my DFP.

I find my mic picks up my "frantic flailing" driving style, so I have the X button mapped to Scroll Lock in the Profiler. This does mean I can only talk on straights, but that's probably a good thing.
I'm curious, too. I've tried to get a button on Momo wheel with Wingman Profiler, to act as push-to-talk, but I can't get it to work.
I know some have it done ( like ppl with Saitek wheel ) but some tells me it's not possible with all wheels, alltho' I doubt that is correct?
Looking foreward to see if any solution appears here.
Quote from Christofire :That's how I've done it on my DFP.

I find my mic picks up my "frantic flailing" driving style, so I have the X button mapped to Scroll Lock in the Profiler. This does mean I can only talk on straights, but that's probably a good thing.

I set it to loads of buttons but always was cutting in and out as lfs didnt know the button press but i have got it working now as i use ctrl for ts
#5 - Bean0
With Ventrilo you can map a wheel button no probs from within the app itself.

For TS I created a profile within the Logitech software for LFS, and bound one of my buttons (top one on G25 shifter unit) to be keystroke 'z'. Then put 'z' as my PTT key in TS.

I tried what was mentioned above, but got well annoyed with the key not recognised sound.
#6 - bhs
I've done this with my G15 keyboard, I don't see why it couldn't be done with a wheel. As someone mentioned earlier, Ventrilo gives you the option to set controller buttons to binds. I imagine TS has some option like that if you dig deep enough.
Just out of interest... whats wrong with voice activated?
I always found i spent more time repeating what i'd said cos i didnt have the button pressed down when i started screaming at something, or it'd miss the beginning etc. Less things to be doing while racing, can have a good natter with others without having to have a button held down. You lose enough focus trying to say what you want to get out as it is, without having to remember to press buttons to stop/start the outgoing message.
Quote from Bean0 :With Ventrilo you can map a wheel button no probs from within the app itself.

For TS I created a profile within the Logitech software for LFS, and bound one of my buttons (top one on G25 shifter unit) to be keystroke 'z'. Then put 'z' as my PTT key in TS.

I tried what was mentioned above, but got well annoyed with the key not recognised sound.

Ah i mapped it to ctrl which is a button lfs recognises but does nothing in lfs on its own

Quote from PaulC2K :Just out of interest... whats wrong with voice activated?
I always found i spent more time repeating what i'd said cos i didnt have the button pressed down when i started screaming at something, or it'd miss the beginning etc. Less things to be doing while racing, can have a good natter with others without having to have a button held down. You lose enough focus trying to say what you want to get out as it is, without having to remember to press buttons to stop/start the outgoing message.

Cause i have a crappy mic which when set to activate at low volumes picks everything up, but set to activate high volumes pick nothing up. With not much variable in the middle. So either it picks up everything or i have to shout. So i just have it on a button.
#9 - (SaM)
And what also happens if when you give your wheel a good spin, it picks it up. Or when you sneeze/cough.
I've got a good condensator desktop mic pointed at my mouth and not at my wheel though. After 30 seconds of tweaking, it worked perfectly by activating when I speak only.

Did I correctly remember such a speech network program to allow controller button presses? I'm almost positive I could just choose a controller button in the settings of one particular program.

Mapping team speak
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG