The online racing simulator
Restricted Area Zones & penalty control
Seeing how the other thread about blag flags went, an idea popped up in my head. I didn't want to write it in that thread because there are so many black flag threads to begin with, and they are asking for a pretty complex system. Instead I've thought of something that could be very easy to make.

We have these new restricted area zones we can set on our tracks, why not use them for penalties? They are really made for autocrossing, because they give time penalties to those who cut an autocross course. But when you use them on a normal track and race online, if you cross over them, they will automatically kick you to spectator. Well why not make it so that they give you a penalty of your choosing instead?

For example, we have a penalty system that can be given from an admin in the server like so:

/p_dt -- Drive Through penalty
/p_sg -- Stop & Go penalty
/p_30 -- 30 Seconds added to finish time
/p_45 -- 45 Seconds added to finish time

Why not have the restricted areas control this instead of kicking you to spectator mode? I'd imagine it wouldn't be so hard. If people can make restricted area layouts and have areas where there are known issues of cutting a track, then it would be nice to have a sort of "basic" black-flag penalty system. So when you place a restricted area in your track layout, you would have a list of 'penalty types' to choose from.

This of course leaves the question of how people will make the restricted area layouts and how safe they are. It wouldn't be all that bad because you can keep the zones relatively small so that people will not accidentally run into them or get hit into them. You would place them only where there is known issues of people causing havoc or just being plain stupid. I think this would work, and it would be a decent way of having something basic for a penalty system.
+1 for actions for the restricted areas being customisable - W feature but it would be great.
I got this message today, never seen that one before.
Attached images
Restricted Area.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG