The online racing simulator
Set´s
(10 posts, started )
#1 - NuK
Set´s
can any one tell me a set the can put the cars "flying. and get a good grip on curves? i tryid every thing.. but still cant get the car to run at same speed has other online players...
The infamous Setup Field yields some very fast (but not necessarily easy to drive) sets. Please note that the main difference is made by the driver, not by the setup. A good driver will be reasonably fast even with the default setup, while a crap driver will still be slow even with the world record setup.

Seeing that you just joined in November, a lack of practice might be the reason for your not so good times
#3 - NuK
tks. still i know thath i need a good setup... so i can see wy the ppl pass me a lot.... i dont think i drive bad.... i see lots of ppl that drive slow then me... but there is allways some one on the server that is faster then me... lol
It has very little to do with setups. Sure, a decent setup is much better than the default setups, but fast times rely mostly on driver skill. Search the forum for "Bob Smith" and see his signature. There you will find the EasyRace sets that he created. Start with those and go out and learn how the cars handle. It's not as easy as it looks. Those fast guys, they've been racing LFS for years. Some of them have over 4000 laps on just one track/car combination.

LFS is very realistic, which means that it takes time and determination to learn and improve lap times. You must learn the tracks precisely, learn how the car reacts, learn about weight transfer and throttle control, learn about threshhold braking and trail braking, learn the art of racecraft and track awareness. It is the closest you will find to racing on a track in real life. you wouldn't expect to go to a real track after a month of learning and expect to be as fast as those who have been doing it for years. You can't expect to do the same in LFS.

Again, try out Bob Smith's EasyRace sets and learn every corner of the tracks. Spectate the race and watch the fast drivers to see how they drive and race the track and others. After you learn the tracks and corners without needing to think about what corner is coming up, start out by braking fairly early (around the 150 meter marker). Gradually increase your braking zone closer to the 100 meter mark.

Eventually you get there with the right determination. It is a great journey to move from being a complete newbie to being competetive in the field to becoming one of the fast drivers. There are some who are extremely fast and no amount of improvement will get you there. I'm at that spot. I'm not extremely fast and have been doing this for 2 years with LFS. But most of the time I can hold my own and many times folks look at me like I'm some kind of race driving genius. It's only because the fast guys aren't out there at the time, LOL.
Dammit, I'm really gonna have to update them for patch S-to-V physics if people are gonna keep banging on about them!
Quote from Bob Smith :Dammit, I'm really gonna have to update them for patch S-to-V physics if people are gonna keep banging on about them!

Ah ah! The plan is working
Oops, I hadn't realized that the EasyRace sets were not updated to the new physics.

Well then, get busy! You have until the end of the weekend to get them done. Just the Easyrace, the road going sets can wait until Wednesday.
Drag racing and road going sets have already been updated. Just the easy race ones left to do (which take longest, since lots of testing involved, and I usually get caried away, either that or bored quickly since I'm racing alone in some cars).
And damn right it will have to be before the weekend, I'll be without LFS for 2 weeks starting Friday so it won't be happening then.
Oh, sure, don't work on the important ones first! Make sure you get those drag sets out. Drag is definitely the most popular form of racing in LFS.

And, note, I said by the END of the weekend, meaning by midnight tomorrow. Not by next weekend .

Hehe, I don't think I have to say this to you, but for the benefit of others: all in good fun, of course .
Untill you qualified that statement MrRogers I was getting really worried that you where being serious . . . . Damn, forgot these again ---> [Sarcasm][\Sarcasm]

Set´s
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG