The online racing simulator
Fuel light,
(60 posts, started )
sticky dirt also helps slow down trackcutters
so even if its not totally realistic
i dont mind
:sheep:
Quote from nikimere :what kinda karts did u race!? i raced karts for years and if you ran wide onto grass or gravel it would take 1 corner, maybe 2 to get the tyres back to normal. i also raced cars and i think the reaction to dirt on your tyres in LFS is WAY too drastic. I mean you do loose a slight amount of grip for a few corners but nothing like LFS. you hardly feel the difference after one or 2 corners. This really needs to be sorted out, it's a major pain in the a$$!

:iagree:
(if you wonder why, just look at my username.....:P)
Anyway, in REAL cars we have fuel light so...

...in street cars we should have fuel light
...in racecars, we should not have fuel light(we should have team telling us that COME TO PITS NEXT LAP)

And i would personally like a odometer
I'm also for a 'low-fuel' light. 5% sounds like a good number for the light to turn
on, perhaps we could have a slider along with the fuel amount to decide where
the light should turn on. That way LFS won't tell you when you have 1lap left,
you'd have to figure it out yourself. This makes me think of on-board computers
though, not sure i want to start on this, but having some current and estimated
mpg data might also be nice. Unless it's already in those menus i admitedly don't
use for the same reason posted above. The less distraction, the better. Also,
unless you use the keyboard to drive, using the keyboard while racing is NOT a
good thing and will break my concentration everytime. Just trying to pit is
enough for me to lose control of my car sometimes.
We should take the speedometer out of the racecars. NASCARs have no speedo!
then we'd all get done for speeding in the pits....
Quote from wheel4hummer :We should take the speedometer out of the racecars. NASCARs have no speedo!

So what? NASCAR isn't the only racing series in the world...
Most racecars have no speedo! but I know I'd struggle for a while if it was removed. That's not a no by the way though
I like the speedometers in the car...

As for the low fuel indicator? Uh how about some nagging old woman's voice
in whatever language you ahppen to speak, start coming on reminding you that you need fuel, that you'll run out of gas soon, that you should of thought about
that before you started..."All the other racers have fuel", "Why can't you be like
so and so (randomly picked driver from race)?", "At least they know how much fuel to use". ... Naggy stuff like that until you get into the pits and refuel.

Actually, If it was a bit more clearer on the dash display, that would be a big help. Everytime I ran out of gas, I coudn't tell I was on empty by the guage.
LOL it's almost as bad as some of the real cars I've had.

And getting back to the speedometer. Sure they don't have them in real race cars... who cares. It's nice to be able to just look down at a glance and know how fast you're going. And as Al said, it really comes in handy going through the pit area.
press f12 and you will see exact % of how much fuel you have left...
How realistic!
OK V8 supercars.... The best series in the world have fuel lights in their cars. I didnt know this until Bathurst where Steven Johnson had to pit one lap early because the fuel light came on 1/2 way down Conrod straight which meant that they didnt have enough fuel to do another lap.

I also beleive that Formula 1 have low fuel lights and the same is for many other series. It is actually used as a safeguard against a bogus computer reading in the pit box. When the light comes on YOU ARE low on fuel no matter what the guys in the pit box tell you.

Saying that... I'd like to say how about you try doing some research before you start saying that it is unrealistic. Its unrealistic to have to modify your pit settings, not have someone on the radio talking to you, not getting pulled out of sandtraps when your stuck (by the way that really pisses me off getting bogged, hitting reset and being reset still right in the middle of the trap im trying to get out of.... Please fix this).
Quote from wheel4hummer :We should take the speedometer out of the racecars. NASCARs have no speedo!

And does formula cars really have a clock on the steering wheel?
There aren't any formula cars in LFS!
Quote from wheel4hummer :There aren't any formula cars in LFS!

What about the Formula V8
Oh. I forgot about that. I should get S2 soon. Its kind of expensive though.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Oh. I forgot about that. I should get S2 soon. Its kind of expensive though.

And the Formula XR!!!

And LFS is NOT expensive. If you think it is, then you are going to have a horrid life eating cheap baked beans and tasteless fake coka cola. It'd only £24 for S2. Get yourself a sunday morning paper round and you'll be able to afford it in two or three weeks. PS2 games, here at least, are 39.99 new. LFS is a bargain. And the best by a huge margin over anything on a childs console.
Quote from tristancliffe :And the Formula XR!!!

And the best by a huge margin over anything on a childs console.

Well said the only console I have ever owned is an N64 and thats a classic! But I think the gtr should have lcd screens with acces info instead of using the F9-12 keys and then they need to change interior templates for gtrs, since when did gtr cars have mohagony wood in them? (FZR) But most diff a lcd screen on a racing wheel on the gtrs with info you can change with arrow keys with flashing led for fuel and that way you can view the percent too! I think it'd be more realistic to have an on board compter Anybody agree with me?
and btw. how long did you play other games? I paid 24 pounds for S2 and I'm enjoying this great game about 2,5 years now and I'm sure more years will come
Other games cost more and the time spent with them does not come anywhere near the time with LFS (usually a month compared to over 2 years). I speak of these 24 pounds as the best spent money on entertainment in my life....
If we can have the fuel light we could also have the ability to adjust fuel consumption like in F1 And this defenetely to the low end cars like GTi and xr gt to make 'em even more unrealistic to set up.

If we had a sound for the low fuel and sound for the redline rpm the car would just squeel all the time. Accelerating squeel, squeel...braking: tires squeeling, again accelerating squeel squeel squeel... then after the pit entry the low fuel squeel (continous to make it even more painful)
Quote from tristancliffe :And the Formula XR!!!

And LFS is NOT expensive. If you think it is, then you are going to have a horrid life eating cheap baked beans and tasteless fake coka cola.

I'm only a child!
I had a paper round when I was 11, so age is no excuse
yes but you are a child genius, going to Uni at the age of 14.
Quote from al heeley :yes but you are a child genius, going to Uni at the age of 14.

Yeah, a child genius: When he was five years old, he was as smart as he is now Sorry tristan, couldn't help myself, j/k... we all love you, especially after the "special MOMO treatment"

And I personally rather had a litre/gallon measurement instead of a percentage measurement. And I suppose a fuel light would be handy too...
*cries*

*vows to 'get' people on Saturday in a petty form of revenge*

Fuel light,
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG