The online racing simulator
Fuel light,
(60 posts, started )
Quote from Fonnybone :I'm also for a 'low-fuel' light. 5% sounds like a good number for the light to turn
on, perhaps we could have a slider along with the fuel amount to decide where
the light should turn on. That way LFS won't tell you when you have 1lap left,
you'd have to figure it out yourself. This makes me think of on-board computers
though, not sure i want to start on this, but having some current and estimated
mpg data might also be nice. Unless it's already in those menus i admitedly don't
use for the same reason posted above. The less distraction, the better. Also,
unless you use the keyboard to drive, using the keyboard while racing is NOT a
good thing and will break my concentration everytime. Just trying to pit is
enough for me to lose control of my car sometimes.

My thoughts as well, us Canucks must all think alike......maybe that's why we're debt free and peaceful
Quote from Noccy :sticky dirt also helps slow down trackcutters
so even if its not totally realistic
i dont mind

So it would deter fools from cutting corners, but it would also ruin races by unrealistically hindering anyone who accidentally puts a wheel on the grass or when they are forced wide on exit of a corner by someone overtaking down the inside.

I really can't see how that would help. In my opinion it would be much better just to have the effect of dirt on the tyres as realistic as possible.

I implore the developers not to use such measures as it would land the sim in the loopy land of arcade games.
Fuel light: Yes! If it's good enough for the V8 Supercabs (agreed, best touring car series ever and I'm not biased ), bring it on. I don't think any RL race driver has to look away from the track and press an F12 key on a keyboard (gotta find it first and push it without taking out the competition, or yourself) to check his fuel level. I'm guessing he looks for a little light or readout somewhere. This is one suggestion that makes a load of sense.

And yes, ditch the clock from the Formula cars
I also would like to see a fuel light. Even better would be a pit guy on the radio telling that your fuel is low and that you should pit in.
Perhaps a light in the road cars and the pit message for the race cars?
Not only would that prevent running dry, but it would increase immersion as well. Hell, I'd like to have a guy on the radio telling me even more info.

"You're about halfway done. You should pit soon and get fuel and tires"
"There's a wreck in turn 3. The yellow flags are out"
"You're gaining two-tenths per lap on the leader"
Yeah, pit radio would be pretty cool. Wouldn't mind seeing pitboards either, even virtual-ish ones a la GPL.

But a fuel light would be quite handy and probably easier to implement.
Yes I'm adding my vote to this request. Fuel Light/Reserve is very good idea.
Optical (Light on tachometer/dashboard) and acoustical (PIP sound) signaling if the Reserve Tank/Fuel reached. When fuel reach the Reserve level in tank, then it should be signaling by optical light and acoustical PIP sound in dashboard. This signaling (light and PIP) should be activated at every new starting of engine, when fuel is on reserve - as in real car. For more flexibility if you want, it can be configured by user. Level of reserve tank may be configured by user (% or liters), and this signaling can be turned ON or OFF button by user in LFS configuration menu. Existing of this Reserve Tank/Fuel signalling is very requested, but possibility of modification or configuration of reserve level not must be existing. It can be programmed on fix value as in real car (can not be modified the reserve level). Each car may have his own reserve level tank (threshold level for signalling of reserve tank). Users who want this Reserve Tank signaling, they can turn ON this feature, and users who don't want this, they can turn OFF this signaling.
+1 for low fuel light.

Many cars do have speedos, including ones with MoTEC style displays (those are the very common LCD displays for ppl that don't know). These displays usually have multiple 'pages' which are usually cycled by a button on the steering wheel. One of the pages usually has KM/H (or MPH).
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Inouva
Guys...think about it...think about it right...

About, we do not need to remove anything but add...

Adding a fuel light to dashboard would be extremely good, because forced cockpit view and turning hud off (Shift+F) gives the realistical solution.

Yes, some of racing series do not have speedometer, but so what? those LFS GTR cars are made for LFS GTR Racing series.

Radio? Use kind of teamspeak....oh HOLD ON! I got now an idea...
Quote from MangAnimE :+1 for low fuel light.

Many cars do have speedos, including ones with MoTEC style displays (those are the very common LCD displays for ppl that don't know). These displays usually have multiple 'pages' which are usually cycled by a button on the steering wheel. One of the pages usually has KM/H (or MPH).

Answering 4+ years after when suggested.
Quote from Hahmo :Answering 4+ years after when suggested.

Doesn't make the suggestion any less valid and he even (obviously) searched before opening a new thread about the same idea and put some thought into his post instead of just "+1"-ing the thread...

Fuel light,
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG