The online racing simulator
Dfp
(23 posts, started )
Dfp
I was looking at the DFP's i my local Currys store for £70. I saw on the box that it said only campatible with PS2. How is it compatible with the pc does it come with a usb connector?

Also what drivers do i need?

I was just a bit worried i bought it and it didn't work or i had to add something to it.
DFP works fine with pc. Personally ive got one great wheel
The DFP has a USB connector so you can plug it into your PC.
It says it is for PS2 but logitech make software so it can be used on pc. You can get the wingman drivers HERE

Also have you looked online for a dfp? because its possible to get them cheaper than £70 but its hard to find them in stock anywhere.
Cheers mate. I agree it's hard to find them in stock. I bought a momo off ebay and it was faulty so i'm reluctant to turn to it. The cheapest i've seen for far is about £60 but when you add on the p&p it comes to around £70 anyway.

Does the wheel have a split connector one for the pc and one for the ps2 or is it an adapter type thing you put on the end?
#4 - Jakg
some PS2 controllers use a USB plug, which is identical to a PC USB plug - so it only has one plug on the end!
I know strange question but it made me wonder.

So is downloading the wingman tool all you need to do to make the dfp work on pc?
#6 - Jakg
Yup!
Cheers mate

I was talking about online as in somewhere like e buyer for exampe which is £60 iirc with p&p but they dont have stock.
Sometimes its worth paying that few quid extra to have it there and then, and of course if a problem develops you can return it to the store instead of sitting on the phone for half an hour.
for some reason i cant seem to download the software, do i really need one of them download programs to download this software? otherwise is there another site i could get it from??
thanks
For some reason these link u have jus posted dont seem to work. Im gonna try Internet Explorer as im using Mozilla Firefox. I think it mite have something to do with it for what ever reason.
Found out why, its because i have a firewall that will not allow the use of FTP.
So i thinkill disable it for a bit
Nope, still nothing, my computer is sharing the internet wit two other computers, and the router has a built in firewall. I would have to get access to the rite page on the internet and then hack my dads account to change it. And tbh i cant be arsed to do that rite now, if there is another way of gettin the drivers for the DFP could some one plz post the link. Otherwise wen it turns up tomora i mite have to either ask him to enable the required ports or do it my self.
Thanks for ur help

Hehe
Quote from BigDave :Nope, still nothing, my computer is sharing the internet wit two other computers, and the router has a built in firewall. I would have to get access to the rite page on the internet and then hack my dads account to change it. And tbh i cant be arsed to do that rite now, if there is another way of gettin the drivers for the DFP could some one plz post the link. Otherwise wen it turns up tomora i mite have to either ask him to enable the required ports or do it my self.
Thanks for ur help

Hehe

Im a pc noob but are you saying you cant download them or cant install them. Because surely if you cant download them which it sounds like - ive got the file on my hd from when i downloaded it so couldnt i just email it you?
I just cant download the file. It seems its down to my firewall not allowing FTPs. Emailing the file should work except it seems to be a large file. Try it tho, PM me for my email address.

Gabkicks, I cant register on that site because it wont send me a activation code because im using a hotmail account, things just ent goin my way it seems. I will have to wait for my new computer to turn up on wednesday, then set up my original email account, then it will work.
I have also been told that some people dont need this download t use the wheel.
The wheel should turn up some time today, So i will give it a go with out the file. If it works then WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO. If not then back to square one

Fingers Crossed
Hold every thing, Jus checked my emails and i got one from that site u gave me Gabkicks. So i have just activated the account, and now currently downloading the software.
Now all i need is my wheel Lol

Nice one people, thanks for all your help

Hopefully nothing else will go wrong, then i wont have to pester you guys again. And hopefully will see you all on a server drifting, with my new wheel

Thanks again
i dont think you needed to register to download.

i'm not registered.
Oh, lol. Nevermind, i have now. And i got the software. Many Thanks
welcome to the world of 900°, although i don't use 900° lol. i currently use 540°, but i used to use a saitek R440 and that only had 180° so it's still a bonus. now don't get me wrong the R440 was a good wheel and did what i wanted, but i wanted to get a more popular wheel that more people in the lfs world had so that there would be more "local" support if i needed it. but to be fair, the dfp is a much better built wheel (feels heavier than the r440) but that's because the R440 was built from toughened plastic.

congrats on the new buy
see y'all trackside

oh aye, i got mine from www.dabs.com for £62 but because i live in northern ireland the p&p cost me £22 (but i got some upgrades at the same time)
WHOOOO HOOOO i have a parcel, lol. Just re-downloading the software, as this is on my new computer. Cant wait, Downloading the game again too. Gotta try and find a Set up yet again tho. Never mind, Im happy lmao
I must be missing something, ive found it really hard to hold a drift now, granted its not even been a day yet. Ive turned the FFB off for now to get used to the wheel, I got 900 degrees goin too.
And if any one has a decent drifting set up they use wit the DFP wheel thatw ould be cool if you could send it me,
Thanks peeps

Dfp
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG