The online racing simulator
Touareg & 747
(17 posts, started )
Touareg & 747
#2 - Renku
Saw that on local newspaper too. Nice . I really think they should have tested the brakes too .
Yeah hehe I was hoping they'd hit a slight downhill..
I keep missing Fifth gear cos of stupid Eastenders (mums fav prog), can't wait til i get another TV... is FG ever repeated anymore?

EDIT: that's only a 747-200 bet it couldn't pull a 747-400
You know you could just torrent the show from Finalgear.com?
#6 - herki
Quote from herki :would that be legal, or another "gray area"?

Unless they have uber rights from BBC and the other guys. it is illegal.
(90% of the internet is probably illegal :P)
#8 - herki
Quote from Stew2000 :Unless they have uber rights from BBC and the other guys. it is illegal.
(90% of the internet is probably illegal :P)

so would it be illegal to tape it and give it to a friend too? that's what's always bugging me with series which haven't been released on dvd.
If there's a series available on DVD, it's clear that you may not replicate it, even for private use; but if it's only on TV, without exclusive rights, like the formula 1 with the fia, is replicating for private use an illegal thing too? if it is, why did they ever invent video recorders?
#9 - Vain
In germany at least you can give a taped TV show to someone if he asked you to do it. You may not upload it so a server and go "Whoever wants it, download it". But if someone says "Will you please record it and upload it for me?" then you are allowed to transmit a copy to him.
So yes, every bit of publically available german TV is illegal.
Websites like www.onlinetvrecorder.com work around this by having the users send a request for each show to the server. If there is such a request it's allowed.

Vain
But if you just download it, from someone who has made it available, is that illegal too? I mean, it's like saying "I want that, can I have it?" or do you have to make the request before the release on tv?
Also, in most cases, you are allowed to make one back-up of a DVD for private use only. That's according to the law though, a lot of people totally ignore that
#12 - Vain
Quote from herki :But if you just download it, from someone who has made it available, is that illegal too? I mean, it's like saying "I want that, can I have it?" or do you have to make the request before the release on tv?

He could propably lend you his private copy, but for him to create a copy for you he'd have to be asked prior to recording.
As far as I know. I'm not sure on such details.

Vain
You mean to tell me that there are LAWS about this? OMFG!!!
Next somebody will tell me that its naughty to download movies and music and games as well! illepall
Quote from Bladerunner :You mean to tell me that there are LAWS about this? OMFG!!!
Next somebody will tell me that its naughty to download movies and music and games as well! illepall

If you're trying to be sarcastic: Of course there are laws about that, but: you have to pay for music or movies, so it is of course illegal to download them, if you aren't allowed to (e.g. free music or films you paid for to downlaod them). About series/... in free-tv, which you can't get on DVD/VHS/...: You didn't have to pay for them, and you are allowed to record them for private use (at least here in germany), so what's the matter in asking wether it is illegal or legal? Sorry to demand knowledge....
That's so funny, nobody ever cared about people that would record a few songs on tape, like it's anything other than downloading it. The problem just is that it happens a whole lot more.
Quote from sgt.flippy :That's so funny, nobody ever cared about people that would record a few songs on tape, like it's anything other than downloading it. The problem just is that it happens a whole lot more.

dang, right, I forgot those
I could start it yet again, but we recently had a thread about the music industry. I hate them

Touareg & 747
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG