The online racing simulator
What did I press?
(22 posts, started )
What did I press?
Okay, I crashed so I reached for shift+S but ended up pressing something else. This weird suspension display popped up! When I did shift+s, and then join again, it was still there. What did i press? I described this to several people, and they didnt know what it was!
Attached images
wtf_secret.jpg
shift-l?
Shift-L
#4 - ZORER
How did you manage to press "L" instead of "s"

Anyway i didn't know that.
It's sad not many people even know about this cool view either (or how to turn it on/off). It's nice to use when testing a setup or get that extra bit of information out of your car when driving
Shift+L like what everyone else said. Lol did'nt know what it was months ago so i kept trying to turn it off while racing on demo server and crashed.
#7 - Goop
Quote from ZORER :How did you manage to press "L" instead of "s"

LOL yeah! "...the fingers you have used, are too fat..."
#8 - ZORER
Quote from Goop :LOL yeah! "...the fingers you have used, are too fat..."

is L and S close to eachother on an F keyboard? Maybe he's using an F kb.
Quote from ZORER : is L and S close to eachother on an F keyboard? Maybe he's using an F kb.

Kinda noobish but what's a "F Keyboard"?
Is that real time? I always needed to know how to get the best traction with LFS Tweak/Mecanik by trying to keep the tires flat, this will help alot!
Ok, sorry to take over your thread but I gotta ask what I pressed to.

In the LXCC league race I was changing the rear anti roll and going into the long right hander after the banked oval in KY Gp rev (LX6) I touched the throttle a tiny bit as usual but got full throttle, then I touched the brake and got full brake and went sliding into the wall.

So it wasn't to bad, the pedals had just recalibrated, only had to press them down full to get them back to normal but i've never had this happen to me before so just wondering if it was a random 1 off thing (And coinsidental I was messing with settings just before) Or if there is a button to do this.

(If you don't know what I mean, it's when you start up LFS for the 1st time since a reboot and have the press both pedals down full when you join a game to calibrate them.)

Thanks.
You pressed CTRL + C to clear calibration and do it "on the fly" Bawbag. And you need to turn on Calibration lock so that you don't have to calibrate everytime you start LFS

Dennisjr13. It doesn't exactly help with seeing how the tires staying flat. That view is really only good for seeing if you have excessive camber and how your suspension settings work in certain situations. And to be honest, it isn't THAT useful of a view, but it can help if you are really trying to see how things work with your setup. The best way to know if your tires are staying flat is by looking at the heat view (F9). If your tires are relatively even for heat when doing a burnout, then they are most likely quite flat. You also need to pay attention to the "load" bars just above the heat indicators, those will show how much load is being put on the inside/middle/outside of the tire. Under acceleration your rear tires will have increased camber, so if you want them to be almost perfectly flat, make sure your live standing camber (without movement) is slight positive camber.

Have fun
I think i am dyslexic...
that option is very cool, once i found out about it, i started fine tuning my setups with it
maybe he has some strange keyboard....all letters mixed up...cuz he did throw it against the screen last time he lost against tristan
I have a normal US keyboard, think I just got pissed when I was wrecked, and started mashing random keys.
ROFL, this happened to me something like a year after racing with LFS. I was surprised with it and had no idea what it was and where it came from. I think I was typing a quick message in chat that I shift-L'ed without first hitting the t for chat or something.
Is there some sort of printable button commands card for LFS like there is for Flight Sims? You know that thing your put over the keyboard to know what all buttons do during Racing or watching a Replay
Nothing you can print out and put over your keyboard, but LFS comes with a keys document that you can print out on a sheet

LFS/docs/keys.pdf
Quote from Btoryo :Kinda noobish but what's a "F Keyboard"?

F keyboard is just a keyboard but with different key layout. There's "F" instead of "Q" on a f kb so it is called f kb. They are generally come with a mac.
Quote from ZORER :F keyboard is just a keyboard but with different key layout. There's "F" instead of "Q" on a f kb so it is called f kb. They are generally come with a mac.

Would be called a FWERTY keyboard... To name a keyboard layout the topleft 6 keys are are used... Like in the US and most countries you use a QWERTY keyboard, in Belgium you use an AZERTY keyboard, and in germany you use (I think) a QWERTZ keyboard.
#21 - shim
There are two types of keyboards used here and we call them "f" and "q".I thought it was the same all over the world they are named after their first letter on the topleft..

What did I press?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG