The online racing simulator
Damage bug?
(15 posts, started )
Damage bug?
I've seen this happen quite a few times now and i wondered if anyone else has seen it. Parts of the car seem to stretch way out in weird directions and i have seen it happen with objects on the track too. Is this a bug or is it my computer?
Attached images
glitch.JPG
#2 - Gunn
It's your video driver. Try a different one perhaps?
thought it might be somthing like that
#4 - ORION
Hm you cant be really sure that this is caused by the driver or the memory of the card, as it doesnt look like a typical artifact (imo)

A replay would be nice
I'm fairly sure its corruption of the model vertex's in the memory. Before S2 was released I had problems with this fairly frequently. Normally a quit and restart of LFS sorted it.

I havent been able to reproduce it since my new RAM and gfx card have gone in, however.
Overclocked or overheated video card... 4 sure.
Quote from MorfeasFX :Overclocked or overheated video card... 4 sure.

yup
#8 - Gunn
I've had this exact effect in several games before (including S1), It was completely driver related every time. The artifacts looked identical to the picture shown. No overclocking, no dodgy hardware.

Always try a different driver first, it takes 5 minutes to do. Also the newest driver is not always the best one to use for your card.

If you can't resolve the issue by trying different drivers, then look for more serious issues. Until you eliminate the obvious and basic things you can't really be sure.
thanks for the replies guys, some helpful stuff there.
#10 - Woz
My gut feel is driver. I used to get the same in FarCry until I updated my driver
I had a problem like that in GTA ViceCity a while back. Turned out to be a bad driver.
LFS uses a Polygon defroming method also used in Rigs Of Rods (a WIP project started a year ago that has deforming bodies) [maybe a polygon may attach itself to say, an air particle] or just be a part of the car that has not been collided yet.I got this problem mosly on my old 256mbs of ram pc (smash the XR Gt Turbo. It may show up easily on the intakes at the bottom) pics show comparisons between sims
image from lfs is from my old pc
Attached images
screenshot_3.png
Damage demonstration.PNG
Quote from Zipppy :[maybe a polygon may attach itself to say, an air particle]

You do know that LFS doesn't simulate EVERY single air particle, so then that is not possible. Triangles in LFS do not attatch to anything other then the triangle(s) next to them
Quote from wheel4hummer :You do know that LFS doesn't simulate EVERY single air particle, so then that is not possible. Triangles in LFS do not attatch to anything other then the triangle(s) next to them

I doubt it simulates air particles per se, just the effects of air. I wonder if it affects fuel/air mixture at different altitudes
I was just streching the truth a little

Damage bug?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG