The online racing simulator
Pitspotter Sound Packs?
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Pitspotter Sound Packs?
I love pitspotter, but the default sounds are REALLY annoying me - i found the files, and the re-recorded them with my own voice - but even then they didn't "fit" that well, and seeing as i can't convince someone who's voice would fit perfectly (she said no ), i would really like some new samples, are there any?
Search for spotter packs for NR2003 and use some of those files. The most popular spotter for NR is the Jimmy Johnson spotter pack, recorded from the radio of JJ and his crew chief and spotter. There is also a spotter pack from Dale Jr's radio out there and many others as well. I also have Jr's somewhere, but haven't a clue what I did with it. Maybe on CD.

Of course, much like I was surprised at the sound of the LFSCompanion voice, you would probably not like the American voice in the NR2003 packs being from across the pond there.

The Darrell Waltrip voice yelling at you with the stock sounds is terrible.
#3 - Jakg
You have a point - i think its the American accent thats annoying me!

Now to find some English smaples!
#4 - Zero7
Quote from Jakg :I love pitspotter, but the default sounds are REALLY annoying me - i found the files, and the re-recorded them with my own voice - but even then they didn't "fit" that well, and seeing as i can't convince someone who's voice would fit perfectly (she said no ), i would really like some new samples, are there any?

I did some of my own as well using my own voice. Like you, I've found my voice doesn't fit the spotter speech well (dunno, probably just not emphasising words in the right place).

+1 to a pitspotter sound pack though!
The Johnson pack for Nascar 2003 can be found here. Never used pitspotter for LFS but this is a must have for N2003.

For ease you should scroll down the page and find the zip with the 539 wav files loose which saves you having to open the spcc.dat files.
#6 - Jakg
Downloaded it - but it really isn't what i want!
Have you tried the non-voice ones? I use a pack that blips/beeps in the relevant stereo channel when you have car overlap, but the voice remains for "clear" "still there" etc. Much less potential for tone of voice to put you off!

Don't have it at work and someone gave it to me, but I can retrieve it tonight if anyone's interested.
I can make you a Scottish pack if you want the whole Colin McRae experience
#9 - Jakg
Quote from NutritioN :Have you tried the non-voice ones? I use a pack that blips/beeps in the relevant stereo channel when you have car overlap, but the voice remains for "clear" "still there" etc. Much less potential for tone of voice to put you off!

Don't have it at work and someone gave it to me, but I can retrieve it tonight if anyone's interested.

yes please!
yea, taht scottish one would be nice!
Here you go. Contents of zip file goes where your current sounds are. (LFS/spotter)
Attached files
spotter_bleeps.zip - 226.7 KB - 448 views
What about a German-speaking-english one? Or good old German one.

Then there would be a chance of a me-speaking-German-badly pack lol.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from NutritioN :Here you go. Contents of zip file goes where your current sounds are. (LFS/spotter)

Oooh! Thanks! Like the use of stereo!
Quote from duke_toaster :What about a German one?

Make your own! All you need to do is shout "Links", "Rechts" and whatever "clear" is in German!
No problem Jakg, it was Quietus from our team that did them, or he found that pack. Can't remember.

And do you always end a sentance/post with a !/? ?

Pitspotter Sound Packs?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG