The online racing simulator
Speakers
(28 posts, started )
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :The weak points of PC speakers are often:
- trebble (as no separate tweeters are used, one 'big' cone tries to do high frequencies and always kinda bundles / screams; even the Logitech 5500s sound like crap because of that imo)

- bass.. They think 'more is better' so most of the time the bass is relatively too loud..

Soundcards are ok enough really, the performance I get from my sblive over GOOD speakers far exeeds what you can do with any uber soundcard and speakers that @#$ things up above 5khz..

On board sound might have relatively much noise but today the onboard chips might even suffice..

Anyway I would much rather get two nice monitors that have a nice frequency response even though they won't go VERY low.. M-audio sells some nice monitors for decent prices.. Or if you're into building your own there are loads of cheap and very nice sounding speaker kits you can buy and build!

Stuff like cables etc is mostly irrelevant; nothing about an audio signal (lowish voltage / wattage / low frequency) demands anything special from a cable. Often people will disagree but in blind tests differences are small.. IF at all they can be constantly heard. Nothing wrong with copper!

A set of logitechs are nice if you want things to be in your face and loud. Actual quality and clarity / smoothness is not to be found imo though..

thanks dude....i,ve decided to get the z-5400. Ithink it will suit my room nicely and its cheap.

thanks again for the replies, i really appreciate it.
Russ Andrews
I have a Sherwood amp & 2 Eltax floor speakers (bottom end components). The Sound is Great for games but abit crappy on music.

Ive heard alot of good thing about the Russ Andrews Rave System (built specifically for PCs with USB) Price seems OK aswell, see link.

http://www.russandrews.com/cat ... UUOGYDKL&cat_id=PRAVE
Just got my new system the Z-5400 and it sounds unreal...so far playing games ive discovered sounds ive never heard before and watching movies is a whole new experince, especially with dts

I wanna thank everyone with helping me make a decission

i recomend this system to anyone looking for something not too loud(its pretty loud though:razz and it also looks great. Bass is not too loud for the speakers and when adjusted for personal settings its pretty mind blowing for the size of the unit.

Thanks again everyone

Speakers
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG