The online racing simulator
Speakers
(28 posts, started )
Speakers
Hi all,
Just want to know what speakers you're using with your pc?(don't bother posting if ur using headphones)

I'm using an old Pioneer VSX-D337 home theatre reciever and as it's not meant for pc i can only run 2 speaker setup. My sound card is a sound blaster audigy 2

I want to upgrade to this= http://www.logitech.com/index. ... CRID=2177,CONTENTID=10927

or this= http://www.logitech.com/index. ... ,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9486

the place where i can get these systems, the price is $300 for the fist one and $409 for the second. I can afford either one but im not a HARDCORE gamer, i just want something that sounds really good.

So i ask what are you using and if you're using any of the two above how is it?

Thanks...Bryan..
#2 - cdub
Speakers are obviously very important, but I'd think about a better sound card first, if you're really serious about wanting quality. Sound Blaster cards are good for games but not clarity (yes, even the Audigy series).

I run a M-Audio FastTrack USB. It's a budget model, but sounds amazing.
I'm running these (logitech z-2300.) They're not expensive and they sound amazing
thats some fast respone

I dont want to get a new sound card cos i got this free off my brother. He used to have a sound blaster audigy then he up graded to audigy 2 so i got the audigy, then he upgraded once more to X-Fi Xtreme Music so i then got the audigy 2. Im happy with it, Battlefield and Call Of Duty 2 Sound good for now

so all i want is a new system. I just spoke to my brother and he told me that his girl friend has this= http://www.logitech.com/index. ... ,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9067. I havent really heard how this system sound but i do remember hearing her playing music and it didn't sound too shabby. But i want better.
Quote from 96 GTS :I'm running these (logitech z-2300.) They're not expensive and they sound amazing

That looks nice bet it sound really good too but i will be using the system for dvd, console's and pc. so id like more than two satellites
Headphones

Dan,
Does anyone know if there will be more than just Stereo-Sound in S2? I'm talking about multichannel.
Quote from --==Gogo==-- :Does anyone know if there will be more than just Stereo-Sound in S2? I'm talking about multichannel.

HEY no thread hijak!!!.....j/ks....i wanna know too but my question first PLEASE
#10 - Smax
100Watt per channel Technics Stereo amp and a pair of Wharfedale Modus 8 floorstanding 8 ohm speakers. They're 3 feet tall and have 4 units one of which is a ported 6 inch subwoofer. I may only have stereo sound but I do have some serious boom power bassquake neighbour annoying potential

In fact the bassline to "Breathe" by the Progidy makes the toaster in my kitchen vibrate quite nicely...and the windows and the living room door and anything else that's loose like the fillings in my teeth.
I've got what Smax has got, believe it or not. I dont know if they are the same models (No idea what model my speakers are) but it is a Technics amp and a pair of Wharfedales...

Small world .
thanks for the replies guy keep em coming
http://www.creative.com/produc ... gory=25&product=10323

T'is what I got. My Dad got it about 6 months ago off eBay for £40 - £50 (not sure what that is in $AUS) and he never used it, so I nicked it.

The sound is fooking awesome. Bass is just mental. I've only got a standard onboard soundcard, so with an audigy 2 or better, it should be lovely.
Yamaha AV amp with Acoustic Solutions fronts, Pioneer centre and Wharfedale Diamond Pro's as rears. Like Smax, it gets bits of the house vibrating
M-Audio Delta 2496 sound card running through QED Quenex 2 interconnect to a Rotel RA-01 amplifier, then through some QED Silver Anni bi-wire cable and out to a pair of B&W DM601 S3 speakers, finally there's a Moundant Short MS309 subwoofer for low end kicks too. As can be seen here.

Hardware is a better place for this thread than general discussion though.
#16 - CSU1
Well I use two of these yamaha x-9000000000's, sounds great
Attached images
speakers_420x284.jpg
Cambridge Audio Azur 640a Amplifier.
Mordaunt Short 504 floor standers all round, Mordaunt short subwoofer.
Soundcard from china, external aluminium thing but most importantly with DIGITAL AUDIO OUT.

the only way to eliminate the stupid humming every pc dumps into its sound card is by digital out, in a device which is far enough away from all the power supply to not get buggered around with.

(for those who are interested i also have a REGA record deck, you havn't heard music till you've heard mint vinyl on a MC stylus record deck.
Panasonic SC-AK520 sits on my desk. IMO its a brilliant unit for the price, clear & precise, and has enough base to shake your toilet seat loose if you really want. I could do with a better soundcard though, there's a small but noticable drop in quality between an MP3 coming from the PC and the same one off an MP3 CD - I put it down to my onboard Realtek sound. But I don't fancy spending £150 on a better one
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Ive got the logitech z-560, i think. they are only 4.1, but have 400w rms and they sound very good for movies/games/music and the SW is very poweerful. Im running them out of an audigy 2. Im really happy with them and much better quality sound than a lot of other setups i looked at for simialr price. And im sure logitech have improved the quality of their speakers since i bought mine. And if thats all your looking to spend on speakers, i think your soundcard is absolutley fine.
whoa!!!! lots of people have hardcore sounds bob smith and CSU1.

Bob smith: that system is awsome

CSU1: My dads mate has something like thatillepall only one box though, and he said he put the speaker outside the house and all of his windows were shaking.

does anyone have any reviews on the systems i have posted whether you have heard it or some told u about it, i'd really like to know

Thanks guys and gals
I have crappy dell speakers but I wouldn't recommend buying directly from the manufacturer, I have found prices for Logitech products for less than half their store price illepall and they were brand new, and I have bought some and they work fine (2 DFP's)
Quote from Btoryo :Looks great. The price is good too. If u get the wireless version it would be awesome hearing opponents engines on the back of your ears. Nice find.

i thought it was good but my brother says they take up too much power

Quote from Dennisjr13 :I have crappy dell speakers but I wouldn't recommend buying directly from the manufacturer, I have found prices for Logitech products for less than half their store price illepall and they were brand new, and I have bought some and they work fine (2 DFP's)

im not acutally buying them from logitech, im getting one of them from a computer place and the price is $100-$200 off

i will probably get the first one i posted ...thanks for the replies peeps
The weak points of PC speakers are often:
- trebble (as no separate tweeters are used, one 'big' cone tries to do high frequencies and always kinda bundles / screams; even the Logitech 5500s sound like crap because of that imo)

- bass.. They think 'more is better' so most of the time the bass is relatively too loud..

Soundcards are ok enough really, the performance I get from my sblive over GOOD speakers far exeeds what you can do with any uber soundcard and speakers that @#$ things up above 5khz..

On board sound might have relatively much noise but today the onboard chips might even suffice..

Anyway I would much rather get two nice monitors that have a nice frequency response even though they won't go VERY low.. M-audio sells some nice monitors for decent prices.. Or if you're into building your own there are loads of cheap and very nice sounding speaker kits you can buy and build!

Stuff like cables etc is mostly irrelevant; nothing about an audio signal (lowish voltage / wattage / low frequency) demands anything special from a cable. Often people will disagree but in blind tests differences are small.. IF at all they can be constantly heard. Nothing wrong with copper!

A set of logitechs are nice if you want things to be in your face and loud. Actual quality and clarity / smoothness is not to be found imo though..

Speakers
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG