The online racing simulator
Race 2 - Post-race discussion
#3 - axus
I hit a car, after having an off at the hairpin. Still haven't found out who it was. The car didn't materialise before contact. It just wasn't there, because of lag. I had the worst lag I've ever raced with tonight and I just think I'm a danger in LXCC because of my connection. Ping bar kept going in the red, cars kept disappearing. I really think I should withdraw from LXCC and only admin the races.
#4 - maczo
Well, to start with... Qualifying results made me really laugh out loud. My out-lap was like ballet on ice, only better I ended up going up the main straight from almost zero-speed and with dirt on all tires, if memory serves me right. So being able to qualify in second place was really a great surprise, although I understand that there were more faster people who just spun off somewhere.

The race... Well, first 6 laps were pure awesomeness with me battling JJ, GranaT and Rob for the lead. There was some slight contact too and I hope I'll get away with it After lap 6, when I managed to pass JJ, I could concentrate on getting the braking right and settled a decent pace. Nothing more interesting to note.

It was a great race, just because of the first laps, and I have to say the wind is a great thing*

* - as long as I win

See you next week
Quote from tristancliffe :Yippee, I won the LX4 class

Anton seemed to hold Filur up for a lot of the race, allowing me to snap at the LX6 heels and build a cushion. When Filur got past, I knew he'd be quicker, but I paced myself. The lead went down from 16 seconds in the last 9 laps or so, but in the end I had 6 seconds in reserve.

Just made sure I didn't push the envelope too much and risk crashing, but couldn't drive uber conservatively either.

Thanks to Anton and all at vMax for the race, and all the competitors for behaving extremely well in the race.

No disqualification this time I hope either

Edit: Ooooh, most consistent driver, now that I AM pleased with
#6 - filur
Stats: http://flp.c0m.se/reports/lx_c ... -_round_2/stats/Race.html

I can't really decide if my race was good or not, just like in round one i was "affected" twice by lag which wasn't mine. I guess i'm happy with 2nd (LX4). Would've been an amazing race if i had caught up with Tristan, even if i wouldn't have been able to pass.

A lap or two after the second lag thing I went off in T1 with Tyrion right behind, expecting him to roar past i really felt like retiring but instead he followed my lead and joined me in the sandtrap. Thanks for that.
#7 - bozo
Well, that was a tough race, even for me and my rather slow speed today. Took a few laps to get my braking points sorted, which lost me the few places that I'd picked up when scything through that first lap mess.

I was then on a consistency drive. I was in 16th place and couldn't make any headway on 15th. I was therefore driving to finish as near to the racers in front so that I could pick up a place should anybody fall off the track. Luckily for me (but not Lars!), that happened, and I got that 15th spot, giving me another valuable point for the team .

Towards the end the leaders were fast approaching. Thankfully this slowed the driver behind me as they overtook him, so I had the luxury of being able to pull over to let everybody through without risking getting caught myself.

All in all an enjoyable race, but I hope it's more tranquil next week ...
#8 - Alles
grats m a c z o nice race. I tried to watch but when there was race it was keep interrupting, worked for few corners then blackout
Quote from tristancliffe :

Edit: Ooooh, most consistent driver, now that I AM pleased with

That is consistant, I had a 0:010 in an OLFS race, but it wasn't in the LX.

Hey Bozo, at least you get to drive the LX4, the LX6 is a monster out here. I haven't done better than a 2:14 yet.

Ant
I'm dissappointed
I don't remember the qual..propably 4th in lx4

I finished in 3rd in lx4 and 12th overall..
Pure luck i was under pressure from few drivers..was sure that i end last when suddenly that lag accident happen behind me with axus and someone else..from that i was secure.....still i should done better :/

replay:
http://www.storage.4ignition.com/lxcc/lxcc_r2_race.mpr

and btw..we really should discuss this qual thing..it started few minuts after 8 pm and ended on 8:50 which is unacceptable..and those breaks..next round is little longer and i think i have toi pass if it will look ike that..
Wow, what a great race actually.... I had to fill in for one of our reserve drivers (!) as his internet connection failed. So with 9 minutes to go, I was called for duty ([19:51:01] <TraXXion> in 10 mins right?).

Being a RWD noob and LX hater I wasn't fully comfortable - to say the least - when I left the pits for my 2 practise laps before qualifying
Luckily JJ was so nice to send me his setup - thanks for that! - so I wasnt completely lost.
In qualifying I was lucky to keep two LX6's behind me, basically because I did keep it on the track while the other two didn't. I was caught by 3 LX4's though

Race started a bit messy as I underestimated the back-wind before t1 and braked too late. I apologise to anyone I hit there.

In the beginning of the race I was really looking to find my pace and embarrassing enough fighting with LX4's After a while I found an ok-pace and was able to leave the LX4's behind. I wasn't very consistent though, still struggling with the slightly tricky setup. After about 10 laps Horvath behind me was able to catch up and we had this awesome fight for about 5 laps long. Fantastic and exhausting close racing for 5 laps in an LX, never thought I'd experience that!
After those 5 laps I made a mistake and had to let Horvath go. And the last couple of laps my pace went down-down-down and I was overtaken by both Tristan and Filur (yep, LX4's ). So ended as last LX6 and with two LX4's before me. Quite embarrassing, but looking at my preparation time I really shouldnt complain I think.

Finally, I wanna apologise for my rather inconsistent pace and lines during the race. Especially Tristan, Anton and Filur must have had some near-heart-attacks behind me.

Good luck in the rest of the series. I hope I won't be needed anymore

René
Quote from filur :
A lap or two after the second lag thing I went off in T1 with Tyrion right behind, expecting him to roar past i really felt like retiring but instead he followed my lead and joined me in the sandtrap. Thanks for that.

You're welcome

Not too much positive to say about my race.These 1 lap quali's are not my forte, and that became apparent once again tonight.
There was a massive pile-up at T1 on the first lap which I couldn't avoid, 3 cars had hit each other I think, and were now at a standstill right in the middle of the turn.I hit Horvath I think, and in the process he unluckily landed on the roof.That put me down 2nd to last I think, already far behind the class leaders.
So I tried to work my way up, should have passed filur when he messed up in T1 later, but instead I stupidly used the same brake points as he did, and followed him into the sand.
Later Anton accidentally hit me in the same turn ( bad turn for me tonight it seems), and I got some serious damage to the car unfortunately.So I limped back to the pits, and somehow managed retake a few places before the race was over.
Thanks for the stats fillur!

Yeah wasnt the best days for me. I like wind for kiting...not racing

Qually was looking super for me through the last split but a total botched attempt at the "eu rouge" chicane and sent me in a spin onto the grass.

Race had nothing to loose and all the LX4's left a nice gap up the inside all the way to the first corner. Went from 18th to 10th after the first corner.

T3 again i had some sort of brainfart like in qually and hit (HUN)Robi and got some damage to my front right. Sorry Robi was completely my fault and not a racing incident, was me being a moron. Oh well damage looked like a little so thought i was gonna be okay, car couldnt turn left very well and especially at slow speeds. Other than that is was amazing being so close to other LX6's in a race, never happens on other servers.

Congrats to all, nice one Tristan , see you all at the next event
Quote from traxxion :Especially Tristan, Anton and Filur must have had some near-heart-attacks behind me.

There were a few 'OMFG' moments out there. The scariest one was at T1 about 7 laps in. You went way too deep, and went on the grass on the outside, and drove back to the track whilst I was on the apex.

Fortunately, being proper cars (i.e. RWD) I could hit the throttle, get a slide, and use it to avoid you... If we were 'racing' granny cars I'd have hit you... But I'm not bothered, because no harm done.

But yeah, you were a bit scary at times - but with just two laps of practice I'm not surprised!
Quote from traxxion :Wow, what a great race actually.... I had to fill in for one of our reserve drivers (!) as his internet connection failed. So with 9 minutes to go, I was called for duty ([19:51:01] <TraXXion> in 10 mins right?).

Being a RWD noob and LX hater I wasn't fully comfortable - to say the least - when I left the pits for my 2 practise laps before qualifying
Luckily JJ was so nice to send me his setup - thanks for that! - so I wasnt completely lost.
In qualifying I was lucky to keep two LX6's behind me, basically because I did keep it on the track while the other two didn't. I was caught by 3 LX4's though

Race started a bit messy as I underestimated the back-wind before t1 and braked too late. I apologise to anyone I hit there.

In the beginning of the race I was really looking to find my pace and embarrassing enough fighting with LX4's After a while I found an ok-pace and was able to leave the LX4's behind. I wasn't very consistent though, still struggling with the slightly tricky setup. After about 10 laps Horvath behind me was able to catch up and we had this awesome fight for about 5 laps long. Fantastic and exhausting close racing for 5 laps in an LX, never thought I'd experience that!
After those 5 laps I made a mistake and had to let Horvath go. And the last couple of laps my pace went down-down-down and I was overtaken by both Tristan and Filur (yep, LX4's ). So ended as last LX6 and with two LX4's before me. Quite embarrassing, but looking at my preparation time I really shouldnt complain I think.

Finally, I wanna apologise for my rather inconsistent pace and lines during the race. Especially Tristan, Anton and Filur must have had some near-heart-attacks behind me.

Good luck in the rest of the series. I hope I won't be needed anymore

René

Good job for you Rene as LX hater and RWD noob

Looks like you won't be needed anymore because it looks like i can do all the upcomming races
Quote from XRRoy :Looks like you won't be needed anymore because it looks like i can do all the upcomming races

You just made my day

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG