The online racing simulator
So who uses left foot braking?
(115 posts, started )

Poll : Do you left or right foot brake?

Left foot braking is the only way
Right foot is what I use, why any other?
Quote from mrodgers :I do believe you have your right and left mixed up.

I of course just assume that you have left/right mixed up .

I don't think he has his feet mixed up. I also occasionally drive with left foot for both gas and brake in an auto.. and then if I really want to have fun in a Manual car I will use right foot for clutch, and left foot for brake and gas. illepall
I like to use my right hand on the clutch, left hand on the accelerator. I then Left Foot Brake, steer with my tongue and keep my other foot in my mouth at all times.
On some real cars you just can't brake with your left foot because the pedals (clutch&throttle) are placed so much on the right. To use your left foot you need to reach for the pedal which isn't really anything pleasent
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from bootlegapparel :I've only ever used left foot braking in front drive cars mid corner, it's really the only time you should use it

using it consistantly is a bit of a bad habbit

Except in sequential dog-box cars you stand to lose out if you don't left foot brake into almost all corners imo.

Gentlefoot: now that's talent! Do you use your ass to see where the road is going?
Quote from mpn89 :

Gentlefoot: now that's talent! Do you use your ass to see where the road is going?

No - I have to use that to talk out of
FOOT braking? lol I use my heel on the brakes, my toes are still on the gas pedal. My left foot is on the clutch.
hehe
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I'd like to see the point!
As soon as I got my wheel, a DFP, I always used LFB, I didn't put any other thought to it. Just natural when you only have two pedals.
I've always done primarily right foot braking in real life ( I prefer manual transmission cars).

The odd thing is I've always done left foot braking since I first bought a wheel and started playing sims.

I suppose I'm not looking to shave a few 10ths off my time to work or the shops in real life, but in LFS left foot braking makes a big difference.

Not sure what will happen when my G25 arrives, although I don't think I'll use the clutch with the open wheel cars, anyway.

If I had the option, I'd have paddle shifters in my car in real life.
For that matter, I'd wire the brake pedal to be activated by the horn.
I tend to only use them both simultaneously, anyway.
#110 - Woz
Quote from Enforcer-J :I left foot brake because I raced go karts for a long time before I drove a car and it feels more natural to me. When I drive an automatic in real life I LFB, I had a big argument with my driving instructor about this and apparently it's dangerous It all depends on the user though and what feels comfortable and this thread definately proves that, so up yours driving instructor man dude.

The dangerous argment is simple to understand. All people learning to drive learn LF = clutch and RF = brake + gas.

This means that the left foot is used to a fast down and controlled up action. What happens is people stomp the brake pedal like you would the clutch. The wheels lock but its hard to get off the brake due to its natural foot action. I found this out the first time I tried it although I was wise enough to try on an empty road.

LFB is something you have to learn.
What category this fits on?

Drive car with manual gears several years, then test automatic gears, first time you need to slow to traffic lights you find your nose at windscreen as you pressed clutch with left foot

I remember now that I did do some experiments with clutch pedal in LFS, but it was just impossible to heel&toe properly as brake has no resistance at all, well that is how it feels with dfp pedals so I dropped my plans on custom clutch build.
Quote from mrodgers :I do believe you have your right and left mixed up. Either that, or due to the bolded quote, you sir, should not be on the road. Please do not come where I am and drive. It is nearly impossible to use the left foot for throttle and definitely unsafe to use it.

I of course just assume that you have left/right mixed up .

No i usualy drive with the right foot does gas and brake but iam really good at driving all left, and iam not kidding, i do have a truck with alot of leg room though so that could be the reason why i can do it with out a problem.
#113 - Woz
Quote from JTbo :What category this fits on?

Drive car with manual gears several years, then test automatic gears, first time you need to slow to traffic lights you find your nose at windscreen as you pressed clutch with left foot

I remember now that I did do some experiments with clutch pedal in LFS, but it was just impossible to heel&toe properly as brake has no resistance at all, well that is how it feels with dfp pedals so I dropped my plans on custom clutch build.

Depends on your pedal setup. I used the ActLabs Pro setup with my DFP and the G25 pedals are good enough to heel toe
Damn dude this disscusion got huge. So resouls are here

85% for Left Foot Braking
15% for Right Foot Braking

So LFB is much more in LFS and in real motosport

Use LFB and be fast
Quote from skstibi :FOOT braking? lol I use my heel on the brakes, my toes are still on the gas pedal. My left foot is on the clutch.
hehe

When I first tried heel-toe that's what I did. But now I use heel on the throttle and toe on the brake and my heel-toeing is much better.

So who uses left foot braking?
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG