The online racing simulator
LFS 2 license....
(37 posts, started )
LFS 2 license....
How can I talk my mom into lutting my get a license???
Tell her it would make the best Xmas present you could hope for

SD.
Well tell her that u get bored with all the games u have and u just want one present "the lfs s2 license" "PLZZZZZZZZZZZ MOM!!!"
Explain her how LFS is going to train your drving abilites and perception of speed. Also point out that driving with a wheel will help you to understand how a car reacts on different kind of turning the wheel and teaches you physics and the function of different suspensions, tire pressures etc.

And than let her drive a few laps in the demo so she can see that this game is a serious driving simulator
#5 - (SaM)
Quote from three_jump :Explain her how LFS is going to train your drving abilites and perception of speed. Also point out that driving with a wheel will help you to understand how a car reacts on different kind of turning the wheel and teaches you physics and the function of different suspensions, tire pressures etc.

And than let her drive a few laps in the demo so she can see that this game is a serious driving simulator

Good one!
Tell her you'll join a gang if she doesn't let you
Quote from Hankstar :Tell her you'll join a gang if she doesn't let you

That won't work. EVERYONE knows there aren't any gangs in Canada.

Tell her you'll move to the USA and join a gang if she doesn't let you.
Quote from three_jump :Explain her how LFS is going to train your drving abilites and perception of speed. Also point out that driving with a wheel will help you to understand how a car reacts on different kind of turning the wheel and teaches you physics and the function of different suspensions, tire pressures etc.

Yeah that is a good one, i've learned a lot of things and i puted 'em on my driving skills today when overtaking some cars on the highway at least they saw my dust
make sure you go to the West Coast of the USA, there are no gangs on the east coast, other than in Miami based video games.

Beg her into it. Two weeks of begging and my parents finally couldn't take it so they got me the license. Two months later i wanted a DFP. The DFP was a present i got when i got back from my hellhole summer camp.
Quote from MRSisson :That won't work. EVERYONE knows there aren't any gangs in Canada.

Tell her you'll move to the USA and join a gang if she doesn't let you.

Tell her you'll move to the USA and vote Republican!
Quote from racer hero :How can I talk my mom into lutting my get a license???

Compare with other computer games and tell her :

- It's educational, you are in a realistic physical environment
- You don't use guns and kill people so that's nice to know
- You get free updates (not like buying a game in a shop)
- Consider how many hours you will get for the money
#12 - Goop
Tell her LFS stands for Live for Safety, Labour for Saintliness, or Love for Society... ah fork it, just go on a hunger strike
#13 - Davo
No ones stopping you from 'borrwing' her credit card either. Sif she'll notice a measly $40 or so inbetween all the huindreds of shoes and clothes bills.
Quote from Davo :No ones stopping you from 'borrwing' her credit card either. Sif she'll notice a measly $40 or so inbetween all the huindreds of shoes and clothes bills.

Absolutely DO NOT do that! :mad:

We've had mothers whose children have stolen their credit card, do chargebacks before. This is a series of letters between the credit card organisations and us, the payment being treated as a fraudulent transaction, which we get a lot of anyway, resulting in a refund to the card holder, payments this way and that, removal of the fraudster's license... believe me, frauds are the most annoying thing we have to deal with.

Let me say again, it involves a lot of people, phone calls, letters, transactions, money, accounting efforts and disappointment. It is not the same as when things run smoothly.

Tell her that you will start playing rfactor if she doesn't buy LFS for you

Works a treat
Tell her you will do the housework and cook dinner for a week.
Tell her if she won't buy you LfS you start playing World of Warcraft.

Quote from MRSisson :That won't work. EVERYONE knows there aren't any gangs in Canada.

Huh? We have a chapter of the Sri Lankan 'Tamal Tigers' here in Ajax. And, there are various gangs in Toronto and Vancouver; including a Polish Mafia. IIRC the Polish Mafia also resides in around Calgary and there's a Russian group around there too. We've also got the Hell's Angels up here. Of course our gangs don't compare to those of the US, but we do have them and they are a big problem; especially in Toronto.

Quote :Tell her you'll move to the USA and join a gang if she doesn't let you.

Just tell her you'll move to the US. That should solve it.
Mow your neighbour's lawn, wash some cars, that should get you enough money.

greetz

der butz
Quote from Davo :No ones stopping you from 'borrwing' her credit card either. Sif she'll notice a measly $40 or so inbetween all the huindreds of shoes and clothes bills.

u must be stupid. i have noticed a few stupid posts from you recently.
Its Christmas...perfect Time For A Lisence As A Gift...thats All You Need.

Well that depends on how old you are and how much you spend on games in general.

Since you are obviously under 18 or so then the best thing you can do is show you're a responsible, soon-to-be-adult and instead of talking your mom INTO getting you the license do what adults do: ask her for advice on what would be the best way for you to make money in order to afford the license.

It's almost guaranteed she'll fall head over heels for your determination and how you're facing up to the reality of doing things on your own. The outcome might be either: a. she sets you up with a good idea for making the money or b. she does that and in the back of her mind possibly decides to get it for you anyhow. So in the end it's a win-win because a. she'll also sort of think it's part of her idea too and that she pitched into it more than just giving you a credit card and b. you'll probably get to acquiring your goal by yourself and thus make it mean more.

PS. Remember this tactic, it will come very useful as you age - specifically the "make her think it's her idea and she's actively involved" part.
Or, if ur mom's the really stubborn type, tell her to pay for the license first with her credit card then u pay her back with real cash for the license. Im gonna use this tactic soon too... hahas.
#25 - col
Quote from Trogdor :Tell her you will do the housework and cook dinner for a week.

Do the houswork for a week, then ask her !

LFS 2 license....
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG