The online racing simulator
Some Nascar cars/tracks
(10 posts, started )
Some Nascar cars/tracks
I think that nascar races would be cool, for me it's cool to race on oval races with many people, with colisions fixed i think that can be fun.
Please give your advice

Thanks for all the suport and good rides
1. Major licensing problems with that suggestion.
2. We already have NASCAR 2003 anyway.
It don't have to be with real nascar types, the idea was not spend money on a nascar game, just a addon with 2 or 3 car motor types and a oval track or two..like bf1 release or something like that.
. A solution to turn 1 wreckers. LOL. Eliminate turn 1.
"Nascar" is not a bad idea. We could have 3 similar models that look a bit like real ones. I can see lots of clean racing fun.
#5 - Woz
There are a few car types that need to be added to LFS to expand the global userbase

LFS needs a Nascar style car and also an Aussie V8 style car to help the global expansion. V8s down here are the main race type, that and sprint cars.
Quote from Bob Smith :1. Major licensing problems with that suggestion.

For actual true NASCAR, no licensing problems at all. You will never see NASCAR in any sim other than EA for years to come yet. They paid for a 10 year exclusive right to NASCAR. That is why we didn't have Papyrus Nascar Racing 2004 Season.
Quote from Woz :There are a few car types that need to be added to LFS to expand the global userbase

LFS needs a Nascar style car and also an Aussie V8 style car to help the global expansion. V8s down here are the main race type, that and sprint cars.

Aussie V8 imho is not needed because is only another type of RWD touring car racing. Nascar is different, is a completely different type of racing from the ones actually in lfs, so it would be interesting.
I don't think LFS will ever have NASCAR style vehicule. I mean... we all agree that what is in the game is there only because developpers mean it to be there, and I don't think Scawen wants LFS to get into nascar. After all, we're talking about a game where most of the cars are not real.

And anyway, there are tons of functions still to implent to make a respectable nascar race. Without rolling start, don't even think about it. Just stay with nascar games.
Quote from boosterfire :I don't think LFS will ever have NASCAR style vehicule. I mean... we all agree that what is in the game is there only because developpers mean it to be there, and I don't think Scawen wants LFS to get into nascar. After all, we're talking about a game where most of the cars are not real.

And anyway, there are tons of functions still to implent to make a respectable nascar race. Without rolling start, don't even think about it. Just stay with nascar games.

Why do you think that Scawen doesn't want nascar?
Where he said that?

And yes, almost cars are not real, but are ispirated by real cars, and because nascar cars are real one, an ispirated car to these is a realistic possibility
We probably need better damage management if there's ever nascar anyway. The point of nascar races is that racers can try to take a turn 10 wide and crash the whole grid. I mean, we can't even get on fire at the moment... what's the point?

And if you want real nascars, there would be liscense problems, yes. If you want fakes, than it's crap anyway (see, I don't like nascars)

Some Nascar cars/tracks
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG