The online racing simulator
big lag now i canrt open lfs.exe
(66 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
BitLord? Sounds like torrenting to me! Aka, bandwidth killing!
Quote from Jakg :BitLord? Sounds like torrenting to me! Aka, bandwidth killing!

even if its not downloading is it still a bandwith killer
#28 - Jakg
when its running - yes
damit thats why i get big lags right.
Quote from faster111 :damit thats why i get big lags right.

If the other PC is torrenting away, even when it's not downloading it will be uploading. This sounds like it could well be the cause of your lag issues.

Could you ask your mums BF to stop it for a couple of hours while you play ?
hes not even got bitlord on and its still laging.
You are going to have to check everything to find out what this problem is, there is not enough information about what is going on and from trying to help faster before he does not know enough to say for sure where the problem is i.e. fps, slow connection something else downloading (like the other PC) or updating.

Make sure you explain everyting, don't just say "do this...." and expect him to know what you mean.

Good luck.
faster,

when you say it's lagging, can you describe in a bit more detail what it looks like?

For example, is it just the other cars on the track which seem to dance around and don't move smoothly, or does the whole picture seem jerky, including the trees, buildings etc. as you drive past them?

If its just the other cars but everything else is smooth then it could be the connection, but if the whole scene is jerky then it could be that frame rates are dropping when there are lots of other cars in the track.
Quote from dungbeetle :faster,

when you say it's lagging, can you describe in a bit more detail what it looks like?

For example, is it just the other cars on the track which seem to dance around and don't move smoothly, or does the whole picture seem jerky, including the trees, buildings etc. as you drive past them?

If its just the other cars but everything else is smooth then it could be the connection, but if the whole scene is jerky then it could be that frame rates are dropping when there are lots of other cars in the track.

whole picture seem jerky, i even tryied a server with 38 ping.
#35 - Jakg
then its your pc being slow - try turning down the options as the 7300GS is probably struggling!
Try to run LFS without any Antialias/Anisotropic filtering.

Set them to "Application Controlled" or "Let the application decide" from your graphics card drivers.
i dont want to tuch any thing like that. only on my own pc.
well hes getting a new motherboard soon so. Hopefuly
#39 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :i dont want to tuch any thing like that. only on my own pc.

well chances are you haven't enabled it. Either way, this PC your on is slow, and you need to turn the options down to deal with it

EDIT - A new motherboard won't help, neither will more ram - chances are you need a new graphics card (and get a proper one, not what some mug recommends)
Well crc graph all the other pc is doing is msn and webpages. Thats all i checked thats all its doing.
#41 - Jakg
Let me just point out that if the whole picture is slow, there is no lag, your just getting a low FPS, it isn't the other PC's fault, the one you have is slow (or something set up wrong) - what are the specs of it?
everyone you getting confused this is not my pc its my mums bf pc i use my pc in the weeknds and 2 hours at night starting form 4.00pm uk time then i go up to mums bf and use there pc rest of the night.
#43 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :everyone you getting confused this is not my pc its my mums bf pc i use my pc in the weeknds and 2 hours at night starting form 4.00pm uk time then i go up to mums bf and use there pc rest of the night.

either way, if the WHOLE PICTURE is slow, not just the cars jumping about, the PC is slow, and none of the other PC's are affecting it
all i know is the bf pc the one running lfs is got gigabyte stuff and the 7300 GT card and a AMD athlon processor xp dont know the power of it oh heres some info 1 gig of ram its not 1 gig its 1 gig something and the processor is 2500+ mm heee my one is better my is 3000
#45 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :all i know is the bf pc the one running lfs is got gigabyte stuff and the 7300 GT card and a AMD athlon processor xp dont know the power of it oh heres some info 1 gig of ram its not 1 gig its 1 gig something and the processor is 2500+ mm heee my one is better my is 3000

And now, to translate into English...

His Mum's BF's PC has:
A Gigabyte mobo
7300GT (Ouch!)
AMD Athlon XP (so Socket A, and no faster than a 3200)

Not quite sure on the rest - either way, try halving the textures
Quote from Jakg :And now, to translate into English...

His Mum's BF's PC has:
A Gigabyte mobo
7300GT (Ouch!)
AMD Athlon XP (so Socket A, and no faster than a 3200)

Not quite sure on the rest - either way, try halving the textures

what textures down or up on lfs.
#47 - Jakg
LFS>Options>Graphics>"Full Size Textures - No" or "Half Size Textures - Yes" depending on what patch your on.

Also, try removing the FPS limited, closing all the open applications and lowering the LOD's
Quote from Jakg :LFS>Options>Graphics>"Full Size Textures - No" or "Half Size Textures - Yes" depending on what patch your on.

Also, try removing the FPS limited, closing all the open applications and lowering the LOD's

i got fps to 100 setting am on patch u with not test patchs. lowering lods?
#49 - Jakg
remove it completely, in Options>Misc>"Limit Frame Rate In Game" = No

While your there, set the "Dynamic LOD Reduction" to something like .5, same for the Dust and User LOD's in Options>Graphics
Quote from Jakg :remove it completely, in Options>Misc>"Limit Frame Rate In Game" = No

While your there, set the "Dynamic LOD Reduction" to something like .5, same for the Dust and User LOD's in Options>Graphics

i canrt see i 5 do u mean like 35 45? what do u mean.

big lag now i canrt open lfs.exe
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG