The online racing simulator
how do i get max graphics in lfs
I want max graphics in lfs but how do i do it.
If you have your screen setting at 16-bit colors, pump them to 32 bits. Green smoke is usually 16-bit color's fault in many games.
Quote from Marty502 :If you have your screen setting at 16-bit colors, pump them to 32 bits. Green smoke is usually 16-bit color's fault in many games.

i got it to 32 bits in display properties.
Do all the other colours in the game seem correct?
yes and i seemed to fix it i changed the screen res in lfs to what my desktop is set at and no green smoke but how do i get the max out of the lfs graphics
Quote from faster111 :yes and i seemed to fix it i changed the screen res in lfs to what my desktop is set at and no green smoke but how do i get the max out of the lfs graphics

Well, I just kept dialling up the resolution and the eye-candy settings and trying it out until frame rates dropped to unacceptable levels. I think down to around 25 fps is OK for racing sims (to my eyes anyway) but you can try and see what works best for you.
Quote from dungbeetle :Well, I just kept dialling up the resolution and the eye-candy settings and trying it out until frame rates dropped to unacceptable levels. I think down to around 25 fps is OK for racing sims (to my eyes anyway) but you can try and see what works best for you.

eye candy settings?
Yeah, like higher bit-depth settings, anti-ailaising, more track detail, longer look ahead drawing distance - all that jazz.

Basically the settings that make the game look better but can often reduce frame rates .
so if i chanage them lfs will look better.
Quote from faster111 :i got it to 32 bits in display properties.

Did you set that in LFS or on the Windows desktop? (Because you need to set it in LFS: Options > Screen > Show 32 bit modes - Yes > Select resolution with "(32 bit)" at the end)
Quote from AndroidXP :Did you set that in LFS or on the Windows desktop? (Because you need to set it in LFS: Options > Screen > Show 32 bit modes - Yes > Select resolution with "(32 bit)" at the end)

yes everything set to 32 bit.
Quote from faster111 :so if i chanage them lfs will look better.

Yeah.

Generally with these settings more is better, but like I said, do it in stages to see what the frame rate hit is like. If you overdo it you could end up with a beautifully pristine picture flick-book .
Quote from dungbeetle :Yeah.

Generally with these settings more is better, but like I said, do it in stages to see what the frame rate hit is like. If you overdo it you could end up with a beautifully pristine picture flick-book .

ok what settings you got it set to.
my blue sky is not bright. and it looks mucky it mite be the screen needs a wipe i dont know Look here
Attached images
see.JPG
your 'blue sky' is fine. either you have a dirty screen, you have some weak pixels that are in the exact same place as the sky (unlikely) or you are expecting too much, go on the live for speed main site, click on screen shots and look at the skys on those.
Looking at your pic the sky looks OK to me, but you may want to change to a different resolution ratio 'cos the picture looks squashed (see the steering wheel? - it's not round ).

So go to a similar resolution to the one you're using but with more horizontal pixels - that should stretch the image out wider.

About the settings: I've got a fairly fast machine so most of my settings are on max, but you really need to try things out yourself on your own machine to see how far you can push it. The best combination can vary a great deal from one machine to another.
Quote from dungbeetle :Looking at your pic the sky looks OK to me, but you may want to change to a different resolution ratio 'cos the picture looks squashed (see the steering wheel? - it's not round ).

So go to a similar resolution to the one you're using but with more horizontal pixels - that should stretch the image out wider.

About the settings: I've got a fairly fast machine so most of my settings are on max, but you really need to try things out yourself on your own machine to see how far you can push it. The best combination can vary a great deal from one machine to another.

I got 512mb ram but am getting one gig soon but i notice one of the screen shots on liveforspeed.net only one screen shot had brighter sky then my screen shot but then the rest looked the same as the one i took while i was in the game. look at on the main site where screen shots are go to 1st page then the look at the tenth screen shot when look at the one i took see the sky different more brighter then my one.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :eye candy settings?

i wouldn't bother if i were you, the 7300GS is slower than what you used to have, and TurboCache won't help if you only have 512 Mb of RAM, so just leave it as it is

EDIT - Attached some pics of what LFS looks like for me...
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
Grabby2.jpg
Grabby3.jpg
2nd one looks the best out of my one and your 1st and 3rd.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG