The online racing simulator
Different Windows Theme
(17 posts, started )
Different Windows Theme
i still couldnt find out how to change the windows theme lol.
once i found a site where u could download alot, but then i had no idea where to go with that
could somebody give me a link and some short instuctions?
Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Themes > Windows Classic

Luna ugliness removed, problem solved
#3 - dev
Quote from AndroidXP :Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Themes > Windows Classic

Luna ugliness removed, problem solved

ewwww...i hate win 98 style lol
lol you lol suck lol the lol old lol theme lol is lol 10,000 lol times lol better lol than lol anything lol OSX, lol XP lol or lol Vista lol can lol throw lol at lol us lol with lol fancy lol pansy lol trashparencies lol and lol awkward lol gimmicks lol
Quote from spankmeyer : you suck the old theme is 10,000 times better than anything OSX, XP or Vista can throw at us with fancy pansy trashparencies and awkward gimmicks

after turning on my special "lol filter" i was able to understand ur post, but i dont agree
Yeah sorry 'bout that one, I got my lol lock button stuck on my keyboard.
The classic interface was so bad it had to be updated too, but lots of geeks use it and remember "this is how windows 3.1 was, yeah, i'm so retro chic!".

Classic skin is not a designer label. Everyone CAN have it at lower prices than knocked off at the market fake goods.

Using the classic skin is not retro chic either, windows 3.1 didn't look that that, in fact, windows 3.1 was bloody aweful if you go back to it now it has no redeeming features. A bit like Wales, it sounds great on the adverts, but you get there and it's just a few muddy rocks and air that smells funny because your lungs aren't used to it.

The XP theme is far better, that's why it's the default.
I use the classic theme not because I'm trying to be "retro chic", but because a) it's more functional and b) it's less ugly than the Luna (default XP) style. I just don't see why I need bubbly rounded buttons with a candy color style on top.

Though, I'd rather have the Luna style than any of these theme designer stuff and transparent windows. Have you ever tried transparent windows? They are frigging useless. They are the gimmick feature everybody turns off after trying once. Honestly, I don't understand the guys who spend ages to make their Windows look "good". What the heck is the purpose of that? So you can load up Windows and start drooling as soon as the desktop is displayed? Wtf? I want to get work done with this thing, not win a designer competition.
#11 - Jakg
XP theme uses more resources though, i like the default one, royale looks even better (aka the media centre theme), and Luna Element 5 is great in Blue, but in Black its the sex
google -> windows blinds -> download-> and choose
It's not about being retro or old-skool. I agree that the classic Win theme is fugly, no question about it, but personally I have zero tolerance for worthless bling bling. Transparencies, animations, sounds, fade-ins fade-outs... please kill me now.

I want my OS to shut up **** up, sit tight and do what I tell you to do without hassle.

OSX is the worst at the moment what comes to giving you smelly UI facials, but I'm a firm believer Vista will do a lot worse.
I'm using the basic win98 theme as well. I used the wincustomize to "customize" the looks to make it look better but in the end I just felt that it was pure eyecandy and 0 looks. Which it was. Say no to clutter
You dont need windows blinds or anything. Just download the modified dll and you can use any theme for windows.
Or even better, use the patcher, so you don't have to go through Recovery Console to switch the dll.
WB and StyleXP are just typical "pay for something you can get for free"-software.

Different Windows Theme
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG