The online racing simulator
Driving Force Pro problem
(29 posts, started )
#1 - MGBoy
Hey all,

When I plug my DFP in to my PC the computer will detect it (little speech bubble saying USB human interface device detected of something like that), and make the annoying bleep noise, then it will lose detection, and make the other annoying bleep noise, then it will regain contact, and so on and so on. Despite this, I have once managed to make it work 100%, and so has my dad, but neither of us have a clue how we did it, and it's hardly satisfactory. Anyone have and idea what's going on, and how to fix it?

Cheers,
Ads
do you have the logitech drivers installed ?
#3 - MGBoy
Quote from Shotglass :do you have the logitech drivers installed ?

Yup.

By the way, forgot to mention that even when we do get it working, as soon as I reboot we're back to square one.

Cheers,
Ads
#4 - amp88
Possibly the USB port is faulty. Have you tried any other ports?

Also try connecting a different USB device to the port you're currently connecting the DFP to to see if that device works.
does the wheel calibrate itself when you connect it ?
#6 - MGBoy
Quote from amp88 :Possibly the USB port is faulty. Have you tried any other ports?

Also try connecting a different USB device to the port you're currently connecting the DFP to to see if that device works.

I have, I've been through all that. Works perfect with everything else.

Quote from Shotglass :does the wheel calibrate itself when you connect it?

It tries to, but it's not very successful because of the on-off-on-off problem.
I have the same problem. Only one light on the wheel, wheel goes from Lock to Lock during a self cab test (but only 200 degree mode).

I thought it was the wheel so logitech sent me a wheel, but oh no joy.

Any ideas.

Cheers,

**Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel, brand new, in box - £50 ex postage**

*s******s*
Hi, A few points. How do to I get 900 degrees steering, only getting 200 degrees. The wheel is only showing 1 green light on the left side and the only drivers I could find on Logitech website was "Logitech Profiler" Version 4.60.349 - File:"lgs460enu.exe" is this the correct driver. If not could you post a link for the correct drivers

Many Thanks
Thats the same driver as Im using with no problems.

You can change between 900 and 200 by pressing :

select + R3 + Right paddle shift

But I only ever set the degrees in the profiler, that shortcut is more for PS2 users I reckon. May be an obvious point but you have to have the profiler software running when you start the game
mantis

Cheers, I'll give it a go. Where to do you change from 200 to 900 in the Logitech game profiler. Could see a setting for it.

Many Thanks again
if you need to change from 200 to 900° you probably got an older driver version. you can only set this in the profiler with the 4.60 version, where 900° is used as default.
The buttons combination did the trick of unlocking the wheel. Am using version 4.6 but theres no way of adjusting the wheel rotation in the Game profiler. Both green lights are on now! cheers guy.
it's definitely there, at the same windows where you adjust the FFB settings
Guys, sorted! thanks for your help. Much appreciate, off to have some fun now ;-)
Centre Calibration Lose.
Another question. The DFP wheel is working fine, and my lap times are coming down. The only problem is that sometime I loses centre calibtation in the wheel. Meaning I have to pit, pullover...go to option and re-centre the wheel everytime. Is there a solution to this or a short cut key to centre the wheel.
I'm using the lasted Logitech Profiler Driver with the following setting.

Steering Wheel ---------FFDS
Sensitivity: 50% ---------Overall Effects Strength: 47%
DeadZone: 0% ----------Spring Effects Strength: 32%
Range: 50% -------------Damper Effects Strength: 40%
-----------Not Checked - Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games
-------------------------Centering Spring Strength: 100%
-------------------------Degrees Of Rotation: 900
..and LFS
Wheel turn: 900
Wheel turn compensation: 0
Force Strength: 18

It'll be good if some of you guys and girls if there are any could post your settings for DFP Logitech Profiler and LFS so that I could give them ago.

Cheers
Steve
my logitech ffb settings are
overalle effects at 100% and everything else at 0% with center spring checked
i use 540° steering lock for gtr cars. and 720 for road cars. ingame i think i have 145%ffb

turn wheel comphensation 1
Quote from Gabkicks :ingame i think i have 145%ffb

dont you get massive ff-oscillations when going in a straight line with those settings ?
i get small ones sometimes if the road is bumpy. did you try my settings?
New setting, not losing calitration now in FZR,

Steering Wheel ---------FFDS
Sensitivity: 50% ---------Overall Effects Strength: 100%
DeadZone: 0% ----------Spring Effects Strength: 0%
Range: 50% -------------Damper Effects Strength: 0%
----------- Checked - Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games
-------------------------Centering Spring Strength: 100%
-------------------------Degrees Of Rotation: 360
..and LFS
Wheel turn: 900
Wheel turn compensation: 1
Force Strength: 40

This matches the same rotation as on the car. FZR 540 degress.
Quote from Gabkicks :i get small ones sometimes if the road is bumpy. did you try my settings?

i use the same settings except that i dont change the rotation for every car and i use 80% in lfs everthing above 80 doenst really make the ff much stronger and only gives me massive oszillation when going in a straight line
You dirty thread hijackers you...
I have been having a similar problem to you, MGBoy. On the PC or PS2, I plug the pedals in, it does the calibration thing, then it loses detection of the wheel. As it's happening on the PC and PS2, it's definitely something to do with the wheel, but I'm not sure what! It doesn't keep coming back and going, like it does with you MGBoy, just calibrates then it stops being recognized.
Surely there must be a fix for this? I've got 80 pounds of wheel sitting on my desk next to me almost untouched since I bought it... I can't play LFS or any other racing sim.
ask logitech to send you a replacement

tell them you only use the wheel for the PS2.
is the USB front panel? front panel seems to have problems with everything in my experience. i dont think i've come across a computer that has fully working front panel USB.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG