The online racing simulator
nVidia GeForce 6800XTreme 256mb DDR3 - Problem!
HI!
Yesterday i bought a GF 6800XTreme and works pretty fine...but when i tryin to get HIGH VIDEO OPTIONS in game like GTR 2 or NFS Carbon it is going very well but after about 1-2mins the graphid card (i think so) loosing his speed and the game is going very slow or pc is rebooting. In GTR 2 game, can say on medium - a game works fine...but if there is no Al`s (BOT PLAYERS). If they`re, the game loosing speed...
Help me guys, please! I dont know what is the reason of that and where is the problem, and i apologize for mine english
#2 - Jakg
Overheating perhaps?
Nah, i didnt overhatting cause i dont know
2 days ago i had GF 7600GS 256mb and i had more problems with that one, GF7600 couldnt run NFS:C , cause had a pink dots and deformed screen.
I think to change again but this time to ATi cards, what do u guys think about Radeon x1650PRO 256mb DDR his ICQ?
#4 - DeKo
Quote from BlackMan :Nah, i didnt overhatting cause i dont know
2 days ago i had GF 7600GS 256mb and i had more problems with that one, GF7600 couldnt run NFS:C , cause had a pink dots and deformed screen.
I think to change again but this time to ATi cards, what do u guys think about Radeon x1650PRO 256mb DDR his ICQ?

no your thinking of overclocking, overheating is when the graphics card is too hot, and either throttles back or cuts out alltogether.

is your case well ventilated, fans dusty, blocked or anything?
Oh so sorry. but anyway...it shoudlnt be too hot, cause the power stuff is away of computer inside
#6 - Jakg
what? The graphics card gets hot on most computers, it sounds like yours is getting TOO hot
Ok, i founded what temperature is for graphic card, here we go:
52-53C for card, and 36C for surroundings.

Thats too hot? dont think so...
no it is not, my friend had this card too and he had many problems in many games..
Yes but is that as the game is running?

If its at idle I'd say that was plenty hot enough, you could see temps rise to maybe high 80s if not more under load.
For that card, that is very hot for idle. Though what you've said could be heat or lack of power being sent to the card. Make sure you have a plently powerful PSU and of good quality (as cheap PSU's crap out), and make sure your airflow is good.
yeah just you to know my dude with that card sold his card for a half price
hi
im using the 7600GS and is running fine,

dont know why u have gone for a cheaper graphics card, or aint it (not too good with cards lol)

getting greay lines is overheating, but my old 5200 (i think) ran css on medium for 6 months overheating (didnt know fan wasnt spinning)

but
if ur having problems, CONTACT NVIDIA, www.nvidia.com

phone them, F&Q or e-mail

there must be something

Stig
Quote from Jambo :hi
im using the 7600GS and is running fine,

dont know why u have gone for a cheaper graphics card, or aint it (not too good with cards lol)

getting greay lines is overheating, but my old 5200 (i think) ran css on medium for 6 months overheating (didnt know fan wasnt spinning)

but
if ur having problems, CONTACT NVIDIA, www.nvidia.com

phone them, F&Q or e-mail

there must be something

Stig

I think the problem is in mainboard, cause on my pc, i had that what i wrote in first post but on their PC on servis, they on the tests didnt have any problems and results was positive.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG