The online racing simulator
problem with bluespoon's plugin
(6 posts, started )
#1 - zero
Hello,
on the pic is shown what I get by importing GTT cmx file into 3ds max. It happens with all models, but its most noticable on XR cars. Anyone experienced this sort of problem? It looks like smoothing is all wrong, because it looks just like imported raw GTT mesh and applied "smooth" modifier on it. I have tried max 6 and 7 and two different versions of that plugin. It happens with any lightening settings, with any skin used. Same effect.
Attached images
GTT.jpg
well thats because it uses the same smooths as LFS does, only sometimes its .. not exactly right, in modifiers pannel go to element, choose parts that are like that, and go down to the bottom of that panel and there should be smooth groups, and change that number (i've never used the importer, but its probably because of the smooth # is to high)
Or use the Smooth modifier. There you can set the maximum angle between smoothed polygons.

edit :
Use the smooth and then the smoothing groups for special cases:
Assign all polys on one side of the desired border to a smoothing group and the other side shouldget a group too, just a different number (simply select polys and click on a number).
or just save you all the work and what i do is just set the smooth modifier (in modifiers list) to auto smooth at default 30 and it looks like it should
#5 - zero
Well by using Smooth modifier i get almost same effect, on some cars it works quite ok, on GT cars its worse... some places needs more and some less. Different smoothing for different polygon groups will probably work, i was just curious if it isn't some problem on my side because i never saw people talking about such a problem. Thanks for your help.
smooth modifier around 19 might fix it.. thats before i understood how to fix it poly by poly (thats on FXO)

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG