The online racing simulator
NFS: CARBON - The easiest game i ever played
(34 posts, started )
50% complete, still using my midly tuned first car. Piss easy, but i only got it for the eye candy. Its just something to play when i am bored out of my mind. (i got the game today)
The drifitng is weird, you can't counter stear, whats that all about????

If I counter steer, it drifts the other way, just have to keep turning the same way and it comes round, please tell me I missed a setting and it's on easy control or something stupid...

The rest of the game looks OK, just been offered a free Xbox360 copy by my local shop! so will be trying it on there to, should look nice in HD!
Quote from Thorvertonian :The drifitng is weird, you can't counter stear, whats that all about????

If I counter steer, it drifts the other way, just have to keep turning the same way and it comes round, please tell me I missed a setting and it's on easy control or something stupid...

The rest of the game looks OK, just been offered a free Xbox360 copy by my local shop! so will be trying it on there to, should look nice in HD!

It's called "an extremly simplified behavioral model with absolutly NO regard for the laws of physics."
Quote from harlen :Yeh, i am pleased they totally killed the rice in the game.

I dont know...even though we got less options in bodykit parts...we still got a lot of rice
(Nikki's Ford GT40 for example...and a lot of other cars I seen there racing against me)
I still remember the time when a classmate of mine asked me to play one of those NFS:U (or whatever it was) games on his PSP to help him win a race and get some cash. I blitzed through a race at full speed from the get go, full throttle almost all the way accept for a few moderate and gentle curves. Figured out all the shortcuts in under 3 laps and straightlined through the course in record time, lapping the last few cars in a 5 lap race.

This for a guy who's never played that game before.
Quote from Jamexing :This for a guy who's never played that game before.

You're the resident NFS champion!
nfs has never really been about realistic racing since underground, it's all about being able to jsut pick it up and hopefully win from the get go (if you can't do that then your jsut shit) It's there for the masses, mainly kids, who can just start it up and enjoy flying about.

Thorvertonian: Drifting was abit weird at first i admit, but i found that if you just go flat out and turn, then let of the throttle a bit and use short bursts of throttle you get insane scores

I'm loving it so far, physics or not, it's a hoot
I can get high scores, as you can drift round the entire track now even on the straights, just think it stupid that you can't counter stear as you go the other way!
[late quote]
Quote from Forbin :@BlakjeKaas: Tell him there's this new NFS game out in which they focused on realism.

[/late quote]
Well, he already knew it wasn't part from EA...
[sad]So that doesn't work... [/sad]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG